• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Brave pins & ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF Brave pins & ebay
... than just sitting at home and pressing the buy button on their computer.

I totally understand your frustration with people's judgemental approach and the fact that a lot of us simply expect to get the pins at cost just because some of you folks are in SoCal and we are not.

But, the above statement is a bit unfair IMO. I am blessed enough to be supported by a wonderful husband, but I have a VERY dear friend who would have to work at least 20 hrs to make the $$ to get those pins on Ebay. Although I do not have anyone who got me those pins, I am happy to know that someone reached out to her and she was indeed able to get them at cost :)

Last edited:
As far as the WDW vs. DLR goes.... I honestly think that it has a lot to do with the demand of pins in each place and the fact most active members on here are from California. I go to WDW 5 times a year (I live in Kentucky), and went to DLR three weeks ago. The pin trading scene in California is WAYYYYY stronger than the Florida scene. Heck, I went to Epcot (the ONLY place people congregate to trade) on a Friday and Saturday, and I saw only one person trading at the tables... and it was the same person both days! I have to admit though, there is no WDI store, or DSF-like store in Florida. When I was in California, I was not really attracted to the rarity of the pins as much as the difference in selection. Also, something I thought that was interesting was that the Company D store in Florida had the same pins as the one in California. Even the pins that said "Walt Disney World" on them were the exact same pin at DLR, except it was changed to say "Disneyland". These types of pins seem to be undesirable. No one should deny that pin trading is much stronger in California... It doesn't make sense to me though. You would think that it would be the other way around, since more people go to Disney World than Disneyland. I got more into pin trading after coming back from California than I ever had after coming back from Disney World.

And about the morality of selling pins online... just deal with it haha. EVERY limited edition collectible known to man has gone though the same thing... If you put in the time, you should be rewarded (although from what it sounds like, there really is no monetary gain after missing 2 days of work). If you are unable to go due to work, school, disability, etc... tis life... and its not fair (does that come off as rude? not my intent).

I'll never acquire these beautiful pins.
Wait a few months... the price will go down dramatically

Last edited:
You tell me to wait a few months, but that's what people told me about all the Tangled pins I missed for the same reason, and I still have yet to get any of them. I'm not holding out hope. I've pretty much lost hope in getting any of the pins I really want. But like you said, that's life, right?

Just sit on that thought/statement. I was there from about 145 pm with my daughter for these pins yes i got 4 sets! BUT I AM NOT GREEDY! I sacrificed work time sleep time and was in pain for my time spent there and am not making ONE RED CENT for my time. i am keeping one set for my dtr, 2 full sets went to other traders at cost and the last has been traded out and i did not profit one cent for my time. i met new friends and had a good time, lost sleep and am paying the price for sleeping on the ground. so dont judge a book by the cover. I dont like being lumped in with the rest of the crowd!
Now wait a minute sweetie . I did not mean you . Look at what I stated in the thread DSF Brave pins & EBay . You bought pins for other members at cost and the last was traded out , you truly are a good friend to your fellow pin trader . Using your extra pins for trading is what its all about . We lost the concept between selling a set for 3 and 4 times its worth or using those pins to trade with , have a good time and get your wants . I don't see by quoting me had anything to do with You being greedy as I don't see that at all . Again I was talking about those that buy the extra sets for secondary market Only .
I know my friend Dawny was there and met you and walked away with zero pins .
Yes, I will get my set at cost, but then again I send extra cash and have bought her pins and will continue to do so because its the right thing to do . If I could ever fly out to DSF, I would stand in line right along with you for 21 hours, buy two sets and use the second set as traders for my wants, but not put them on ebay . There's a difference , I'm sorry if I did not explain myself well and did not mean to offend you in anyway . I applaud you for what you & your daughter did .

I totally understand your frustration with people's judgemental approach and the fact that a lot of us simply expect to get the pins at cost just because some of you folks are in SoCal and we are not.

But, the above statement is a bit unfair IMO. I am blessed enough to be supported by a wonderful husband, but I have a VERY dear friend who would have to work at least 20 hrs to make the $$ to get those pins on Ebay. Although I do not have anyone who got me those pins, I am happy to know that someone reached out to her and she was indeed able to get them at cost :)
Thank You Selen . I did not even pick up that that statement was meant for me . My birthday is Monday . It was my gift from my husband . I do not work and can not hit a button to buy at those prices .

Nuh-uh Debi, the statement was not meant for you, but it might also apply to you. Oh well .... I think if people camped out there for hrs, they are free to do as they chose and God knows we have a lot of young members who can use the $$ to compensate for bills etc. so I would not like to pass judgement.

But it truly is NICE when somebody makes a kind gesture w/o expecting anything else in return.

I completely take Psycho Pixie’s point about the right to make a profit. There is no sense in getting mad at these people, especially those who make a small profit. My point would be, however, that Disney s not required to set things up so anyone can make a reasonable profit, and definitely not so anyone can make an insane profit. They’re selling these things retail anyway, and would sell out of anything good even if they limited it to one per person. I have a feeling that they don’t make an huge profit on pins—it’s more of an atmosphere issue--fun, exciting, it draws kids in to the whole Disney experience—unless it stops being fun and gets as cutthroat as it has been getting. I can’t see why they’d want people to be so unhappy about the pin buying experience—and to spread this unhappiness all over the web.

So, I agree with the person who said they e-mailed Disney to suggest a 1 per person limit on the POMH. I also would like to repeat the suggestion of someone else when we were in the line for the Tangled POMH and missed out—they should stamp your hand so that you couldn’t buy at another store that day. I am going to e-mail them too.

You tell me to wait a few months, but that's what people told me about all the Tangled pins I missed for the same reason, and I still have yet to get any of them. I'm not holding out hope. I've pretty much lost hope in getting any of the pins I really want. But like you said, that's life, right?

Yep.. Gold Bars look mighty pretty to me, but they are too expensive, and the price of gold just keeps getting higher! Whats a guy to do? I guess I will have to add them to my "I will never own" list.. haha

But seriously, I honestly think these Brave pins will go down in value in a few months. Considering hardly anyone has even seen the movie yet..

About WDW we lost everything!!! We lost Sunday pin talks with Scoop. We lost weekly pin trading nights or days. We lost monthly pin trading nights. We lost the tables at DTD. We lost the tables at Epcot, but finally got them back. The only time to meet and trade anymore is every other month at the Contemporary and 1000 people show up!!!

But seriously, I honestly think these Brave pins will go down in value in a few months. Considering hardly anyone has even seen the movie yet..

I have not seen the movie yet, but the "heroine" seems a bit boyish to me and I somehow can not imagine a boyish "princess" idea taking flight. Rapunzel is just the right balance IMO, she is not your average damselle in distress, she craves adventure, she is brave and yet she still has a girly charm.

I can easily picture Merida with a side-way baseball cap and sling shot sticking out of her pocket :lol:

I do hope the pins go down a bit, otherwise I will be added to the list of people who won't get these pins. Oh well, life will go on.

Yep.. Gold Bars look mighty pretty to me, but they are too expensive, and the price of gold just keeps getting higher! Whats a guy to do? I guess I will have to add them to my "I will never own" list.. haha

I'm unsure if you're intentionally trying to make fun of me or make me feel like wanting the pins I do is 'bad', or what. o_O I don't know what to think about the things you're saying to me.

Just my .02 cents, I live in FL and agree that we don't have the advantage of those in Cali with the low edition pins. I am extremely thankful for those in CA that take their time, do the time camping out, and share one of their two pins with us.
when I like a pin, I like to get two, one to keep one to trade or sell to afford to buy a different pin.
If I get two pins and share that pin with someone, my trader is gone, and thus I am thankful for the occasions when people will offer to get me a pin I like.
one thing I don't think is fair, is to expect that others will always do that, I may be able to share that second pin with a Stitch release, but not with a tangled or a marquee or a lower edition pin.

I think one of the things that bothers me the most is when people talk about things not being fair. The world we live in in NOT fair and I personally like it that way.
when people don't work hard for the things they want we tend to take things for granted and expect to be rewarded the same as others who maybe are doing all the work. I like the fact that we have the freedom to camp out if we want to, to pay extra if we want to, to sell the pins in order to buy other pins if we want to.
also, no matter how you slice it, the buyers sets the price, there are pins that are being over priced on eBay and listings are expiring without being sold. Those sellers will have to either lower their prices or keep the pins. Example... Princess Ball event pins.
i think it would be selfish to have someone do all the work of getting pins, spending time in lines, gas, etc, and do it all for nothing. When a product comes out that I must have I camp out at the stores to make sure I get it. I did it for my cell phone, for my Ipad2, oh not to mention video games, and at times for black Fridays. I actually know many people who love the experience of camping out. I am excited to get my brave pins, I can't wait!

I think one solution would be to have Disney bring a similar pin distributor to other parks, and release different pins, so we could then have incentive to keep pins we get and trade for them.

Ultimately, I love the freedom we have to camp out, to ask and pay what we want, to decide how hard we want to work or pay for a pin. It is that freedom that allows us to have choices and to strive to work hard. Even if at times I don't get what I want and someone else does, it's ok, that's a good thing if you think about it.

I miss the Pin Talk with Scoop . Why did they ever do away with that . I looked forward to doing that when I visited .
As Laz would say we agree to disagree and lets move forward . Let's just go back to having fun pin trading .

I'm unsure if you're intentionally trying to make fun of me or make me feel like wanting the pins I do is 'bad', or what. o_O I don't know what to think about the things you're saying to me.
No, not making fun of you at all... everyone has their "grails", and these pins, as well as all tangled pins are yours. Nothing wrong with that. Mine are dinosaurs ( a very silly, and uninteresting collection to others). What I am trying to say is that everyone can't have everything. That would make this trade no fun at all. It is all about craving a certain thing, and eventually trading to get it. You can always trade pins you have, or buy pins that you can afford at the moment for it. Don't say that you will never get it and list off reasons why, because it's not true. Heck, I am currently in a auction where I am offering 12 pins for 1!!! Crazy, but it is for a pin that I desire, and am willing to offer a substantial amount of cheaper pins that I currently have for it. Don't give up, and don;t worry about what they are going for on eBay.. that is the beauty of this forum. You don;t necessarily have to spend money to get the pin you want.

I like to the idea of a "tomboy" princess. More modern day feel IMO.

Its not that she is a "tomboy" but more of an independent person. I have not seen the movie yet but if I understand correctly she does not want to marry just anyone and wants to stay single and independent? That is why I like her than the other princesses because they dreamed about getting married to a prince and stuff and Merida doesn't seem to be like that. Mulan was kind of a tomboy too if you think about it but in the end she married that guy.

Well, I'm sorry if I seem like a downer or a whiner. It's just that with everything going on in my real life, pin trading has always been the one thing I could count on, since 2006, to brighten my day, cheer me up. But I haven't met any new friends in this hobby in a very long time and it seems like people are more interested in making a profit than making friends. And it also seems like the majority of my want list is a 'GRAIL' because I can't seem to get any of them. I can't help that I love Tangled, that I connect with her character, that I cry every time I watch the movie *lol* I understand that half the fun is the chase, the hunt, but when that's ALL it is, is a continual and neverending chase to make a dent and never getting anywhere, it gets frustrating. I apologize, though, to everyone, if I do seem really whiny. I probably am, but at least I admit it. ;)

I am confused as how my statement is "unfair" I am talking about the fact that it is ok for people to sell pins that they purchased online for huge mark ups but not ok for people who put in REAL time and REAL effort into getting them to sell them at a higher price. It has Absolutely nothing to do with how much money someone makes . . . . it has to do with what pins are "acceptable" to sell for premiums and how some are not. No one complains when DA pins are sold here for a couple of hundred dollars. In fact some people comment that the price is a steal.

Yet these pins that honestly took sooo much time and effort to get are somehow treated as they should be selling for cost or a slight markup - never mind that people, like myself in addition to all of the other costs also took both thursday and friday off of work in order to get them (I know I dont get paid for those two days if I am not at work). Which yes was My choice - a choice I made. But so I dont really see a problem with people trying to recoupe some of what they invested into the release back in terms of the price they set for the pins.

Last edited:
Considering hardly anyone has even seen the movie yet.

Considering it has only been out one day, I would say that is an unfair statement. I just got home from seeing the movie, and the theater was packed, and the line was wrapped around the hallways for the next showing.

^^ This. I saw the movie at the midnight showing last night and there were only a few seats in the very front that were not taken. Not to mention the fact that most of the people I know are planning on seeing it!

I am confused as how my statement is "unfair" I am talking about the fact that it is ok for people to sell pins that they purchased online for huge mark ups but not ok for people who put in REAL time and REAL effort into getting them to sell them at a higher price. It has Absolutely nothing to do with how much money someone makes . . . . it has to do with what pins are "acceptable" to sell for premiums and how some are not. No one complains when DA pins are sold here for a couple of hundred dollars. In fact some people comment that the price is a steal.

I don't know how Merryweather meant it so I won't try to interpret what she meant, but I do want to comment that buying pins online was no walk in the park. It was not as simple as clicking a button and skipping off to bed. As someone whose only resource was DS.com pins I can tell you there were horrible nights and it did take REAL effort.

First, the releases for DS.com pins were typically at midnight Pacific time on Sunday nights. That's 2 a.m. for me and 3 a.m. for people on the East coast. And that's if they released the pins on time! Sometimes they were late and you sat endlessly hitting refresh. Then, once the pins were released it was a mad dash to the checkout and for highly wanted pins they were sold out in a matter of minutes. You could basically forget about it if you had a slow computer or internet connection or through no fault of your own were routed to Disney's slow servers.

Ok, now the pins were finally released, you got them into your cart and if you were able to actually check out you got your pins right? Uh, no, not so much. Then you had about 12 hours of stressing about whether you were going to get the dreaded email saying that your order was canceled while being a complete zombie at work. And sometimes the reason you didn't get the pins was because there were no limits on what people could buy and sellers bought up most of the stock.

So, to make it sound so simple and implying that it was no work was in my opinion not fair. There are pros and cons to both situations. The pro of online releases was that you did get to be in the comfort of your own home. The con is that it was incredibly stressful and at the end of all your work and effort you didn't even know if you succeeded! In contrast, if you are lining up at DSF and know that you are in the first 100 then you can feel pretty comfortable that you will get the pins and be rewarded for your efforts. The con would be worrying about line cutters (which they seem to have addressed) and having to hang out in the alley all night. However, if with friends and good people, it might not be that bad. Now, 20 hours definitely sucks no matter what, but that doesn't mean that anything less or different took no effort at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back