• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF February Releases! SUPER CUTE UP PINS!!! New PTD Cheshire too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF February Releases! SUPER CUTE UP PINS!!! New PTD Cheshire too!
LI...Mark...Calvin...any other friends.... I want to try and make it to my first ever pin fight..lol jk.. I mean first pin release for me.. I will b at DLR all wekend. I think i cvan leave the hotel early and go get sum up pins than go back to hotel and parks for the day. Who all is for sure going. One of us will have to bring sum donuts.. i hear sugar keeps u warm... ok i didnt hear that..but it sounds good..lol

I will be there, what time I come is still undecided. There is a McDonalds and Chick Fil A withing walking distance. Both have breakfast. There is also a Coffee Bean and a Starbucks within walking distance. The traders in line will usually let someone go to grab breakfast and then come back. The line for the thanksgiving release was pretty long and a few people left for some refreshments. Usually someone with a friend holding their spot and only after vouchers were handed out.

I usually don't bring many traders with me, seems most of the people there don't trade. Or they know each other and do a few preplanned swaps. I've heard a few people talk about this being a longer line than usual so maybe I'll bring some with me. It would be nice to have trading tables available while we wait. Sometimes people set up a mini impromptu trading table inside the shop since it isn't open yet.

UPDATE from DSF regarding Up release as posted on facebook

"
Disney's Soda Fountain & Studio Store
UP PIN RELEASE "UP"DATE: In order to ensure everyone has an opportunity to purchase the new releases on Sat. Feb. 4th, we will be implementing new procedures. Please help us out, and share the information with all your pin trading friends.

1. Pin Traders will NOT be able to line up for the UP pins any earlier than Saturday at 5am. Security will be onsite to ensure no line is formed until 5am. No loitering will be allowed.
2. Saving spots in line will not be allowed, and security will be onsite to enforce.
3. No cutting.
4. No "in and outs" of line, except for bathroom use.
5. Vouchers will be handed out at 9:00am.
6. Once you have received the voucher you may no longer leave the line.
7. All pin traders must be present with their vouchers at time of purchase.
8. Cast Member discounts will only be valid for the cast member's allotted set.
9. Pin Trader Delights will be limited to two (2) per person per day. Phone orders will no longer be available for Pin Trader Delight Sundaes."

oh thank jesus....I couldn't possibly make myself get there earlier than that anyways! 5:00 it is. Maybe 5:30... OK, lets play pintrading in line! Everyone bring traders so the four hours is not so horrifying. :) And I'm bringing a chair so that the hollywood blvd. herpes infested crabs have a harder time trying to infest my body.

oh thank jesus....I couldn't possibly make myself get there earlier than that anyways! 5:00 it is. Maybe 5:30... OK, lets play pintrading in line! Everyone bring traders so the four hours is not so horrifying. :) And I'm bringing a chair so that the hollywood blvd. herpes infested crabs have a harder time trying to infest my body.
Show up that late and I guarantee you you'll be sitting in line for 4 hours for nothing.

mark..now i kind of want to go and see if i can be one of the 150..but dont want to get in the push game and would have my son with me.. what time or what are u thinking ??

At least you folks in CA get a choice. There is NO DSF, WDI, or DEC store in Florida. You guys get all the really cool pins. I would sleep on my feet if I could have a chance to get that UP set. I admit I did sleep in my car for one event in Florida and it was OK. I hope it goes smoothly and that there aren't any fights over the pins. This is the only the second time I've really wanted an UP set. I got the Adventure Book set and this set would go along and make a wonderful frame. Good luck to everyone and remember - what comes around, goes around so treat everyone nicely.

At least you folks in CA get a choice. There is NO DSF, WDI, or DEC store in Florida. You guys get all the really cool pins. I would sleep on my feet if I could have a chance to get that UP set. I admit I did sleep in my car for one event in Florida and it was OK. I hope it goes smoothly and that there aren't any fights over the pins. This is the only the second time I've really wanted an UP set. I got the Adventure Book set and this set would go along and make a wonderful frame. Good luck to everyone and remember - what comes around, goes around so treat everyone nicely.

Ooh, the adventure book set - how nice! :) I sent an email to the ebay seller and asked if he could let me know if he/she gets any extras.

No need to wait 4 hours. Just count the people in front of you.
Not everyone buys all of them. Some don't have the money or only want a couple. I'd say maybe 5-10 people after the 150 might have a shot at a partial set. The lady & the tramp movie marquee is LE150 also but will probably have some still around. I'd hate to wait 4 hours for that but if it's all that's left when I get there I'll buy it too.

mark..now i kind of want to go and see if i can be one of the 150..but dont want to get in the push game and would have my son with me.. what time or what are u thinking ??
I'm thinking 4:15-4:30, walk around see what's going on. See if they have anything to announce or if there is a citizen's attempt to make a line off property or something? I suppose if the first 100 made a line down the road it would be hard for someone not to play along with the majority. Not that that's going to happen, I just want to show up in enough time to get the scoop and find out the deal with the line starting at 5. It can't be just run up? They HAVE to do something if 500 people show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back