• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF February Releases! SUPER CUTE UP PINS!!! New PTD Cheshire too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a good question. They are LE 150's so each person can only get one pin per person. But I still think they will sell out that morning. So I'll be there early or maybe overnight.
I would get there early. I know for a fact a lot of people will be spending the night because they are such cute pins and they are UP. :)

OK, so honest opinion. Do you think if I got there at 5:30 or 6:00 that would be ok? I can't get there any earlier. I feel like the jessica decades line was suuuuper long and I got there at 9:00 and was 140 something.

What are your opinions? I would love to just do a pretrade for these 5 pins in advance (including the marquee) if I had anything anyone on DPF wanted from me :) I would trade nicely for them to save myself the stress. check my traders if you are going to get a set to use as traders puhhleeeaaassseee :)

P.S. if i do end up getting there at the butt crack of dawn, can we all at least pin trade in line?? ha! Do people usually bring their books? That would make it less horriffic. Hollywood is so dirty/creepy...I feel like if I sat on the sidewalk I would definitely get either herpes or crabs....or crabs WITH herpes...

As in one of each pin per person?

Yes, all LE 150's there are one of each pin per person & the LE 300's are two of each pin per person & they stick to that rule.

While I love the UP pins, I really want the Lady & Tramp marquee which will probably sell out that morning too.

OOOH! I love these! They are so cute! OMG! if anyone can help me get the UP set I would really appreciate it. I am new to all of this but do have some older stitch and PTN pins to trade :)

OK, so honest opinion. Do you think if I got there at 5:30 or 6:00 that would be ok? I can't get there any earlier. I feel like the jessica decades line was suuuuper long and I got there at 9:00 and was 140 something.

What are your opinions? I would love to just do a pretrade for these 5 pins in advance (including the marquee) if I had anything anyone on DPF wanted from me :) I would trade nicely for them to save myself the stress. check my traders if you are going to get a set to use as traders puhhleeeaaassseee :)

P.S. if i do end up getting there at the butt crack of dawn, can we all at least pin trade in line?? ha! Do people usually bring their books? That would make it less horriffic. Hollywood is so dirty/creepy...I feel like if I sat on the sidewalk I would definitely get either herpes or crabs....or crabs WITH herpes...
I'm thinking of showing up at 5am. Bringing folding chairs and trader pins. Planning breakfast at McDonald's or chik fil a. I'll trade the beauty and the beast marquee for another marquee if my wife come and we get 2. Check my wants for marquees.

Bring a dirty towel with you - one that is worn out that you want to throw away but not so worn out as to not be able to protect you. :)

The Cheshire Cat one is already available and almost all gone! My boyfriend and I went yesterday and got one! I gave it to him so he could have his 1st limited edition one! He is still doesn't know if he wants to trade it or not but if someone does want it, their best bet it to offer a nice Oogie Boogie! Haha he doesn't have a profile but you can PM me if you are interested!

Talked with some traders at DLR. They said this release has garnered huge attention and he's heard of people flying in specifically for these pins. He thinks Friday night may even be too late. I am going to give a friend a call Friday to see if there is a line or not. I'm still thinking very very early Saturday but may have to stay overnight if the line is really long already. I talked my wife into coming for an extra set at 5 am, any earlier and I think she's out...

Gosh... after buying the Toy Story pins, lock set, key, movie reel, and the surprise release pin.. I JUST realize I can go bankrupt if I am not careful on where my money goes. I guess not eating for the next month should do the trick! I'll see you guys on 2/5!

Let's see. It's an LE 150. Being a UP completist, I have seen and read most of the peoples names that actually collect UP from day one and some that jumped in after.

Based in prior releases, online and instore, there are about 40 UP collectors that have or almost have a complete collection. Im taking a guesstamate, roughly, that leaves 110 pins. If you divide that up there will be about +/- 50 that will be in line overnight just to put them on eBay as they leave the line. The rest of the +/- 50 are going to trickle in to start an UP collection or have a really good trader.

Don't start a riot over a pin. The more one says they will be there then another says I'll get there earlier. It's 1 per person. It's a pin release not a DisneySodaFountain pin event! The NBC is the only Event that if you get there at 5 a.m. you pretty much get the LE 150's. I know because I'm usually #135-40 and get there around 5.

Yes their will be overnighters!!! They most likely aren't collectors. Yes a few are. I remember a little girl that got at a pin event the night prior and won the big prize. But I have also seen a few that actually look homeless but they are always the overnighters that I have seen on the many old time Sunday pin releases at DLR and only show up when people start saying things like "I heard people flying in", "I heard people are camping out if I drive by I'll let you know". Just stop. Get there when you can. Think about it. Flying in for a pin or driving in from anywhere? The flight in and car rental alone not to mention a room and gas??? That person would be able to sit at home and buy the pin from those to sell.

Flight in $60+. Car rental about $35? Gas from Burbank or LAX would be around $20 one way? Stay overnight about $65 for a cheap room? Be real, for one of each pin. That person could stay home and buy the pin for $30+ each and won't have to waste all that time.

I wish someone would close this thread. Look at the wants for the 4 pins. As if this post there are about 60 Wants. 1/2 are new traders that are not local and/or don't have traders that could trade for pins of high popularity. Each their own on what to trade for but look at the UP marquee, about 75% don't have pins that can trade for a pin of the LE or popularity.

Good luck for those who want the pin and who get it I take pitty on the day when when they are released. I hope the colors are good, no dips in the paint, the boarders on the back of the pin, ect. I still remember the NBC playing card mess. 1/2 were bad quality but were still sold.

All said, see you there as I do all pin releases. I'm local and a regular to DSF. As I'm in line like others I always see, I will silently think - he's new, never seen him.

LI...Mark...Calvin...any other friends.... I want to try and make it to my first ever pin fight..lol jk.. I mean first pin release for me.. I will b at DLR all wekend. I think i cvan leave the hotel early and go get sum up pins than go back to hotel and parks for the day. Who all is for sure going. One of us will have to bring sum donuts.. i hear sugar keeps u warm... ok i didnt hear that..but it sounds good..lol

Kory - If you make it to DSF, you'll be sure to see lots of people (but not me). Other than Beloved Tales since I was already at DSF/El Capitan for the movie, I don't typically make it to pin release day at DSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back