• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF PTD new rule

DSF PTD 1 per person, how do you feel about it?

• I dont collect PTD's i dont care

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Good! slow down you CKC wacko's!!!

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • It wont help, we have friends....

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • Good idea, but increase edition size too!

Votes: 40 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF PTD new rule
38575953.jpg

Perhaps I should simply thank DSF for the personal Pintervention, since it is now completely cost ineffective for my wife to drive the 120+ mile round trip to Hollywood. Even with a carload of friends, it would cost us just as much to go and get the two per person pins as it would for gas and parking. With one per person, it makes zero monetary sense to drive down there and back. It's now the same price to simply purchase PTDs on eBay. And we save time and wear on our vehicles.

Thanks, DSF!

We will now have to disappoint various friends, for whom we would pick up extras. We are now advising them to simply purchase them on eBay.

Thanks, DSF!

This a win/win, for me, actually. Too much time, money, and stress was a result of DSF pins and this helps to limit all of that to scheduled releases.

Thanks,DSF!

I don't like this idea. I am trying very hard to collect all the PTD's ( I have around 100 now...yay! ). I can't afford to buy several bags in hopes of getting the pin I want. It's like all those mystery boxes at DLR. You could buy 10 boxes and still not get the pin you want.

The blind bag would encourage trading to get the right ones you need. So lets say one day you go with a friend, and get 4 blind bags. 2 are duplicates, 2 are different, so you got 3 keepers and 1 trader. You then talk to someone else who got one of the ones you didnt, but didnt get the extra you got. and poof. TRADED. you got your pins, traded to get them and everyone is happy.

If your into pin trading, blind bags are a great idea. if you only want to collect, not trade... blind bags would suck. :)

In my opinion, blind bags will kill the demand for PTDs. A lot of people drive a considerable distance to get a known item. If I had to drive all that way for a gamble on a blind bag, I'd rather just go to Vegas and get a few free drinks while I gamble my money away.

All these nice ideas, like blind bags, are ok if there was more to do and I wanted a little thrill. Going all that way to purchase an unknown item is not a whole lot of incentive, in my opinion. Maybe the locals will have more fun with them. For those of us with a long drive, we will likely all quit going specifically for PTDs.

The only difference in cost would be in the quantity of pins. the setup fees are the same whether you buy 100 pins or 1000 pins. It makes more profit PER PIN the higher the quantity.

The best part of the blind bags would be all the calling would stop. And the waiting around. And pestering the employees for how many are left. But like pixie said, it would have to be a little more than a bag to prevent 'cheating'.

As long as they have a PTD pin when I go to DSF next (who knows then that will be?), I'll be happy with 1 or 2 :)

While I'm not a huge fan of ice cream ( I know I know.. ), I do love soups.

I would not mind Pin Trader Soup Delights.

While I'm not a huge fan of ice cream ( I know I know.. ), I do love soups.

I would not mind Pin Trader Soup Delights.

Pin Trader Soup Delights (PTSD) - what you want (first bowl of the day)...Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - what you end up with (waiting for the pot to warm up) :dunno:

On problem about the bag... Those who where there for Louis will understand, what if the pin is damaged? I had to switch out my PTD twice because he had deep cuts into the enamel. Since you can't refund or exchange a blind item am I now stuck with damaged good that I can't trade or even sell? The black eye Figaro comes to mind too.

make the pin $20 and only one per customer.... lol I bet people would love that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back