• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! El Capitan Luca Concessions Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! El Capitan Luca Concessions Pin

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
350   0   0
El Capitan Theatre will be offering Luca pins for sale during their screenings of the movie. I am not ready to sit in an indoor theater and watch a movie yet, but I could stop in quickly to pick up pins for people.

el-capitan-theatre-luca-screening-exclusive-pin.png

If the full five slots are taken, I will price these at $23 shipped (within the US).

This cost includes:
- Pin ($10)
- Tax (95 cents, rounded up to $1)
- 1/5th Parking (60 cents - 1/5 of $3 after validation)
- 1/5 Ticket ($4 - 1/5 of $20 ticket price)
- Shipping (depending on where it goes in the US, between $4 and $5)
- Around $2.50 to cover paypal fees and, like, a buck fifty for my time and gas.

If there is enough interest, I am willing to do multiple trips for as long as the pin is still available so long as there are 4-5 people signed up per visit. (If there are only 4, the price would raise to $26 since the ticket and parking costs would be spread across fewer people.)

----------------
ROUND 1

Slots:
1-4: taken offsite - paid (4/4)
5: nateeter - paid

ROUND 2

Slots:
1: Sortlora - paid
2: echan50 - paid
3: coblj003 - paid
4: Disneychildwithin - paid
5: Snowie - paid

ROUND 3

Slots:
1: bcol - paid
2: disneykins - paid
3: KJackson1195 - paid
4: taken offsite - paid
5. lionheart - paid

Last edited:
You’re awesome for doing this @timeerkat! I’m pleasantly surprised they are selling $10 LE pins again. Is it 2010?!

It's similar to pre-pandemic when DSF would sell sundaes themed to the movie that was playing at El Cap that came with a pin. IIRC, those were around $12-$15 depending on the release but they also came with the ice cream.

Mixed-Emotions-Sundae-Disney-Studio-Store-Hollywood.jpg

Sign me up if there is a 2nd round…
Me too if chance!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Added.

With four Round 2 signups I think we have enough people to justify another pickup (though hopefully one more will sign up to lower the price for all), so I'll plan to stop by again in the morning on Saturday the 19th.

The process for getting tickets is a bit weird (the site is showing lots of free seats but won’t let you buy just one of a free pair and most/all of the open three or four seats have an error when clicking to select them) and with people posting them at markups I started to get worried about pushing the pickups to next week. But they just recently added a later show tonight, and I was successful in grabbing a ticket for that. So rounds 1 and 2 have been fulfilled.

My seat is in the way far back corner in the balcony away from other people and I decided, after seeing how light the crowd is, to try and stay for the movie if my anxiety doesn’t take over partway through. :O

The process for getting tickets is a bit weird (the site is showing lots of free seats but won’t let you buy just one of a free pair and most/all of the open three or four seats have an error when clicking to select them) and with people posting them at markups I started to get worried about pushing the pickups to next week. But they just recently added a later show tonight, and I was successful in grabbing a ticket for that. So rounds 1 and 2 have been fulfilled.

My seat is in the way far back corner in the balcony away from other people and I decided, after seeing how light the crowd is, to try and stay for the movie if my anxiety doesn’t take over partway through. :O
Yayyy have so much fun! I recently returned to the movies and it ended up being a million times better than expected. Most people were respectful enough to keep on their masks other than eating and I was a nice distance away from everyone I felt comfortable enough to eat my food too. Mind you I self quarantined for a year and did not want to leave the house, so it was a nice first experience out.

I was pretty anxious through it but I lasted the whole movie.

Also a note that I am going to be closing signups. The ticketing system is unreliable and I can't guarantee I'll be able to get many more tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back