• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

February 15th Surprise Pin Release at DSSH

Status
Not open for further replies.
February 15th Surprise Pin Release at DSSH

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
10960092_908321932552577_6924892323106136865_o.jpg

Guess my predictions on "random villains" for each month is a bust lol. Still great pins though! Has anybody checked the quality control on the Queen of Hearts calendar?

Guess my predictions on "random villains" for each month is a bust lol. Still great pins though! Has anybody checked the quality control on the Queen of Hearts calendar?

Someone who has seen the pins in person will be better equipped to discuss quality. But just from looking at pix in eBay listings ... quality control is lacking. The interior "sparkle" effect looks more like chipped paint in some instances (ha) and I've seen at least one where the piece of candy in the Queen's hand was not colored properly, so she just looks like she has extra fingers folded over or something. :-/ Anyone buying on secondary market should check multiple pix and ask questions before purchasing ...

Quality was a mess on these. :( (I am speaking mainly for the Queen as that's the one I was there for but I saw a couple of people exchanging Cinderella as well.)

As noted above, the chocolate in the Queen's hand was flesh-colored on a lot of the pins (including the display one in the case! Took me a while to notice that!) But equally frustrating was this silver glitter on the Queen part of the pin that looked like chipped silver paint all over rather than a glitter effect. A lot of people were trading these back - and a lot, including me - had to trade more than once to get an okay one.

That said - it's a BEAUTIFUL pin in person - love the rich deep magenta-pink color background. Really, it's gorgeous - if you can find a good one.

got all the way home and realized the chocolate was flesh colored. FML. lol the 3 before that were pretty bad. right side of one of them had the gold all chipped off of the edge. another had glitter all over the queens face. the 3rd had holes in the calendar part

That said - it's a BEAUTIFUL pin in person - love the rich deep magenta-pink color background. Really, it's gorgeous - if you can find a good one.

That's what's so unfortunate -- the Belle pin I got from the princess calendar set had smudges all over inside that I was luckily able to clean off, but the pin itself was so beautiful and heavy, really high-quality in look and feel (though the inside could have been more glossy, imo). Lots of other pins from that set had problems that couldn't be fixed as easily. It's a real shame. It kind of makes you wonder -- with the effort that must have gone into the initial planning, why isn't anyone paying attention to the finished product?

Bleah, that Cinderella is so ridiculously off-model. What did they do to her *face*?? It looks like she had her nose squooshed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back