• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Finally got my pin frames back up! My Alice in Wonderland collection :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my pin frames back up! My Alice in Wonderland collection :)

kmeakin

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It has been a VERY busy few months for us. In late April, we decided to sell our house. One week later, it sold, and they took possession one week after that! We've never packed so fast in all of our lives (and believe me, we have a LOT of stuff!!). We bought a new house, but couldn't move in until July 1st, so we moved into a temporary residence. And then moved (again!) into the new house in July. And that whole time, i was huge and pregnant, and we had our baby July 27th! Since then, we've been adjusting to our new house (we moved from a 60 year old house in dire need of so many renovations that it should really have been torn down and rebuilt from scratch - which was exactly what the new owners did - to moving into a 3 year old house that is absolutely beautiful and is our dream house!), adjusting to life with a baby (amazing!), getting ready for Christmas (we're hosting this year and my whole family and extended family is coming for dinner), we've gone on 3 separate week-long trips/vacations (bringing the baby on all of them), had house-guests staying with us for a week at a time (twice!), and so much more that i can't even remember right now... so busy!!!
Anyway, one of the things I've been wanting to do since we moved is hang up my pin frames. Well, that and update them, because for the last 5 months, any pins that have come out have just gone straight into a box in my bedroom (no point in making new pin frames until i'm ready to hang them all, right?). So today, my only mission - empty the box of pins, put them in new frames, and get my husband to hang them for me (hehehe if i tried to do it, they would be all over the place!). So here they are! Every Alice in Wonderland pin that i have.. and almost every one that has been released (just missing Pin 82500: WDW - Castle Puzzle Frame Set - Puzzle Piece 1 ONLY from Pin 82499: WDW - Castle Puzzle Frame Set... anyone???). What do you guys think?? I know it's kind of hard to see (they're actually in a small hallway on the third floor of our house, so i had trouble getting a good picture head-on, but you get the idea...). I'll try to get better pictures later. And yes, a couple of them need to be straightened, i know. I can only fit 3 more frames, so not sure what i'm going to do in another year or so, but... whatever, i'll figure that out when i get there!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 168
Wow, this is really really awesome! Congrats on the new baby and home!!! I can't imagine how stressful its been, especially with holidays and vacations in the mix. Your pins look amazing though, and your collection is massive. Have a great holiday season and walk by your pins every time you need a stress-reliever :)

Wow, that is a lot to do in a few months! It must have been fun to sit and do the frames after being away from them for a while I love how they look like a quilt on the wall. Very pretty. I suspect that you'll find someplace to put a few more frames when you run out of room on that wall.

Love, love, love the bold mishmash of colors that is the essence of pins contrasted against the black frames and neutral walls. Looks great. I am not creative at all and had always been trying to figure out how on earth pins- which are of so many colors- can look neat, modern, and artistic when displayed. And you did it beautifully! One day when I have more time i am going to have to steal your design! Please leave your pics up for future reference :)

I love them and think they look great! How do you frame them? I am working on trying to frame a number of my pins now, but I can't find the frames I want, and I really don't know how to put them in the frame to keep them in place.

Wow! That is amazing.

I gotta say. I love your floors and the color of your wall. Very nice! :wiggle:

Woa, sounds like you've gone through a lot of changes! Glad you didn't go absolutely crazy with the stress of moving with a new baby on the way! your frames are really nice! That's way more pins than I own all together, I can't believe they're ALL alice!

What a wonderful wall! You are SO going to have to move the lowest rows of frames once your baby starts moving about...

Your collection looks wonderful framed and arranged that way on the wall: very tidy and architectural--almost like elaborate tiles. I really really really like your style! And I am MASSIVELY impressed by the extent of your Alice collection. Excellent, all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back