• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL First Custom Vinylmation **Finished!**

VINYL First Custom Vinylmation **Finished!**

JanuaryGarnet

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I recently got back from a cruise aboard the fabulous Disney Wonder. On our last day I did some shopping in one of their stores, where I made an impulse buy of a blank vinylmation. Once I had it I was like:

tumblr_m2667mdyph1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

After getting home ad thinking about it for a while I had three themes in mind: Steampunk, Cookie Carnival (Silly Symphony), or Sugar Rush. After even more deliberation, I decided on Sugar Rush. Basically, I am painting it a metallic candy color (blue and pink) and tricking it out with some fake candy. I started on the feet today. I added some metallic pearl to some bright pink and I'm hopping it looks candy colored enough. My only problem is that the brush strokes are a bit too noticeable. Hopefully this will still turn out well.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I smiled when I saw that gif because it perfectly described the feelings I had when I purchased my blank vinyls :lol: I never really got around to finishing mine (lack of artistic talent got in my way xp). I love your idea for yours tho, and you are off to a great start! Can't wait to see how it progresses! :)

Thanks everyone! I honestly don't know if I'll do more, but I'm enjoying this one so far.

More progress:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Yet another progression pic:

attachment.php

Head and ears were dry enough to put them back on, but the arms are going to need a little longer as they are harder to put back in. Tomorrow the fake candy should arrive in the mail and I can start gluing it on!

Arms are back on now. I took a picture of him in the sunlight because my camera has been giving me problems with indoor lighting.

attachment.php

Tada! I finished this a few days ago,but I had to wait for a sunny day to get good pictures.

Here is the finished product:

attachment.php

And here's the back:

attachment.php

I regret that I couldn't put more candy on it, because this was a three inch figure. If I had a nine inch it would be a different story. Having an air brush would have also made it look smoother. Maybe next time (I do plan to do another one, but I have several other craft projects in the works, including my first resin garage kit that is on pre-order, and a knit doll that needs to be finished). This was so much fun, and was good practice for masking off areas that I didn't want to be the same color.

That sugar sweet one is so cute! The crazy thing is, I had no idea what a Vinylmation really was until I joined this forum :) I have always been purely fascinated by snowglobes and the like... now I also think that these are so cute!

Tada! I finished this a few days ago,but I had to wait for a sunny day to get good pictures.

Here is the finished product:

attachment.php

And here's the back:

attachment.php

I regret that I couldn't put more candy on it, because this was a three inch figure. If I had a nine inch it would be a different story. Having an air brush would have also made it look smoother. Maybe next time (I do plan to do another one, but I have several other craft projects in the works, including my first resin garage kit that is on pre-order, and a knit doll that needs to be finished). This was so much fun, and was good practice for masking off areas that I didn't want to be the same color.

That's so cute I love it!!

Back