• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

First year of pin trading/ second complete collection celebration!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First year of pin trading/ second complete collection celebration!!!!!!

PinHunters

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hey guys! :wavey:

It’s hard to believe that we started pin trading only a year ago. To celebrate our first year as “pinhunters” lol (and becoming completists of a second collection!!!) we wanted to share some of our collection with you guys :)

Like a lot of people, we first started collecting hidden mickeys and mystery sets around the park. We love collecting sets and some of our best pin trading memories are running around looking for these.

image8_zps4a3d32c2.jpeg

image6_zpse3382155.jpeg

image7_zpse745ed14.jpeg

We soon realized most people don’t collect sets, but rather characters and movies they like. After A LOT of debating we narrowed our main character/film collections from 10 to 2 lol: The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast (Belle and Beast only). These are some of the ones we love the most:

image1_zps89571f6b.jpeg

image2_zps0c77d194.jpeg

Eventually we started our trips to DSF and decided to collect marquees as they came. Very happy with our collection so far:

photo_zps860b5819.jpg

image_zpsb268bb87.jpeg

… and then we discovered Beloved Tales. :shock: We fell in love; we had to have them all. :crazy: After what seemed like a boundless trek, what once seemed impossible for us was attained. We became Beloved Tales completists!!!

belovedtales1_zps37a9fa07.jpg
belovedtales2_zpsa3750dac.jpg
belovedtales3_zps1ed2e6b8.jpg
belovedtales4_zps601b24df.jpg

Amazingly elated to own this collection… but “Now what?” we thought. :dunno: It wasn’t until someone offered us a trade that included the Disney Store Boxed Brave set that we both agreed on a new collection… BRAVE! It made perfect sense. We loved the film, it was our first Disney/ Pixar movie we watched together in theaters, and the pins are sooo cute! We’ve been working on this for a while and we had hit a stand still for a bit, but today we got this in the mail!!!

image3_zps3718f3df.jpeg

We are ecstatic to finally call ourselves Brave completists! :D:hsd::D:hsd::D

image4_zps00449a8a.jpeg

image5_zps7f227c34.jpeg

Sure, we don’t have the Queen Elinor's Pendant Pin, but come on guys… it was never for sale and only given to people directly involved in the making of the film hahaha Of course, the dream for any Brave collector is to one day own that pin, but in our books and as far we are concerned we are completists! Hahaha

We don’t know what we’ll focus on next, but until we decide we couldn’t be happier! A big thanks to everyone who has ever traded with us! Pin trading is an amazing hobby and we hope you all enjoy it as much as we do! :bigthumb:

Happy trading guys!

Last edited:
Okay, first, your collection is amazing. Really beautiful, and congratulations on all you've completed!!

Second: I am so so so impressed with your straight lines and organization in your pin books. I am OCD when it comes to displaying pins and yours are so insanely neat and organized and the lines are just perfect.

Thanks for sharing all this!! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations on completing your collections and first year of pin trading!!! Amazing collections.

Okay, first, your collection is amazing. Really beautiful, and congratulations on all you've completed!!

Second: I am so so so impressed with your straight lines and organization in your pin books. I am OCD when it comes to displaying pins and yours are so insanely neat and organized and the lines are just perfect.

I like the format of your post so I'm STEALING IT and there is nothing you can do!!!

evil-laugh-o.gif

First, I love how the LM Stained Glass pin is close to the center of your LM display, it truly is one of the most beautiful LM pins in all of existence!

Second, your Beloved Tales collection needs no words to know how great they all look together. Hopefully one day a WiR one will fit nicely beside those and it will also be in my WiR collection, but until then...we wait.

Third, I think that the way you set up the Hidden Mickey Character Faces pin (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Pluto) is absolutely great! I'm going to set mine up EXACTLY like you did. Reminds me of the Brady Bunch :lol:

Wow! Your collections are amazing. You guys started trading around the same time as Erin and I. I remember Erin and I standing in line with Hector to get a PODM. We have quite a few pins also that we really enjoy. I'm glad we were able to become friends and enjoy this crazy world of pin trading together. Congrats!!!!!!

I love you collections guys, they are beautiful...I'm so glad you have been able to get all the Brave pins. Congrats my dears! :hug:

Great collections and really nicely put together for display! Congrats!

Thank you guys so much! We're so happy and grateful that people out there helped us trade or looked out for us so we were able to get the pins we needed/wanted.

And we hear you about the OCD thing! Our collections NEED to be organized neatly or else we don't enjoy looking at them. We took a whole afternoon to get the Brave pins together. We measured EVERYTHING and made sure that they were all in lines when putting them in. It took us a while, but we're happy with how it turned out! :)

Neat collection.. btw what did you use as you're pin covers?

Thank you! We ended up getting baseball card holders since they were acid-free and are meant for keeping collectibles. We fold/cut/tape the card holders to make sure they are sealed and protected from dust/anything lol. For the bigger ones (like Ariel Coin Jumbo) we used these photo holders that we cut and folded to fit the pin perfectly.

This is so amazing! Love how neat and organized everything looks!
EXACTLY! NEAT collection ;)
Amazing collection ! Congratz ! :)
Great collection!
Seriously amazing collection! I love how neat and organized they are.
Very neat and impressive collection!! Congrats on achieving completion of yet another set.
Congratulations on completing your collections and first year of pin trading!!! Amazing collections.
OH MY GOODNESS!! WONDERFUL COLLECTION!! Congrats!
Beautiful pins that look great together! Congratulations on your 1st year of pin trading haul ;)
wow thats amazing you guys have a wonderful collection congrats :)
Looking good, and nicely organized!

Thank you guys so much for the kind comments :hug:! Half the time we look at our collection, we can't believe we own certain pins, but all of them make us happy (including those Hidden Mickeys!) so just taking a look at this page and the kind comments makes us smile. Again, thank you!

I like the format of your post so I'm STEALING IT and there is nothing you can do!!!

First, I love how the LM Stained Glass pin is close to the center of your LM display, it truly is one of the most beautiful LM pins in all of existence!

Second, your Beloved Tales collection needs no words to know how great they all look together. Hopefully one day a WiR one will fit nicely beside those and it will also be in my WiR collection, but until then...we wait.

Third, I think that the way you set up the Hidden Mickey Character Faces pin (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Pluto) is absolutely great! I'm going to set mine up EXACTLY like you did. Reminds me of the Brady Bunch :lol:

Haha yes, we want a Wreck it Ralph Beloved Tales!!! We actually need to update the picture to include the new Toy Story 2 Beloved Tales (and the Brave with the new Pixar Marquee Piece) haha. AND WE LOVE LOVE LOVE that LM Stained Glass (congrats to you who has all 6 in that set!). And the HM Character Faces was Jesse's idea when we first started (he called the Pluto Completer from the start). [As you can tell, he's super duper amazing :D]

Looks great, especially the Brave setup. I really like that movie and the pins but for some reason my 9 year old son never chooses them when trading. lol

Awe! He should start with the cubs. They're super cute and we don't know anyone who dislikes them! Get him to collect Brave so we can be fellow Brave collectors!! :)

Wow! Your collections are amazing. You guys started trading around the same time as Erin and I. I remember Erin and I standing in line with Hector to get a PODM. We have quite a few pins also that we really enjoy. I'm glad we were able to become friends and enjoy this crazy world of pin trading together. Congrats!!!!!!

Haha awe! Hector completely remembers that day! You guys talked about your nephew/grandson(?) that loved watching Jack kellington (LOL!) and we were one of the LAST few to get a Lion King PoDM and that's how the LE addiction started! We're super glad that we became friends with you guys and your lovely family. :) See you guys soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back