fixing loose disney pin posts

AUTiger24

AUtiger24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone every tried epoxy or epoxy resin to fix a loose post to say if it works better than super glue for metal? Thanks

Patrick

New Collector
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I haven’t tried an epoxy product, but I did use gorilla glue before. I purchased a brand new Moana booster set when it first came out, but for some reason all the pins had loose backs. After flopping around in my pin book for a few months, I decided to just apply some of the glue with a toothpick. A bit of glue is visible, but it worked like a charm. Haven’t had any issues with them since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dancecats

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I seem to remember, from another lifetime (and forum) ago, one of the members there conducted experiments to determine which medium was best for repairing pins/pin posts (if you knew the member, the experiment would have made sense). For some reason, I seem to recall that JB Weld was determined the best for said repairs (I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know for sure).

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I seem to remember, from another lifetime (and forum) ago, one of the members there conducted experiments to determine which medium was best for repairing pins/pin posts (if you knew the member, the experiment would have made sense). For some reason, I seem to recall that JB Weld was determined the best for said repairs (I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know for sure).
That was for replacing broken posts, not fixing loose ones. But I used his method more than once!

AUTiger24

AUtiger24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you using jb weld or e6000 or a glue like that is that a permanent fix for the long term or would epoxy or having it soldered at a jewelry place be worth the extra money to pay?didn't know if jb weld or e60000 is a permanent fix