• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

fixing loose disney pin posts

fixing loose disney pin posts

AUTiger24

AUtiger24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone every tried epoxy or epoxy resin to fix a loose post to say if it works better than super glue for metal? Thanks

I haven’t tried an epoxy product, but I did use gorilla glue before. I purchased a brand new Moana booster set when it first came out, but for some reason all the pins had loose backs. After flopping around in my pin book for a few months, I decided to just apply some of the glue with a toothpick. A bit of glue is visible, but it worked like a charm. Haven’t had any issues with them since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember, from another lifetime (and forum) ago, one of the members there conducted experiments to determine which medium was best for repairing pins/pin posts (if you knew the member, the experiment would have made sense). For some reason, I seem to recall that JB Weld was determined the best for said repairs (I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know for sure).

I seem to remember, from another lifetime (and forum) ago, one of the members there conducted experiments to determine which medium was best for repairing pins/pin posts (if you knew the member, the experiment would have made sense). For some reason, I seem to recall that JB Weld was determined the best for said repairs (I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know for sure).
That was for replacing broken posts, not fixing loose ones. But I used his method more than once!

when you using jb weld or e6000 or a glue like that is that a permanent fix for the long term or would epoxy or having it soldered at a jewelry place be worth the extra money to pay?didn't know if jb weld or e60000 is a permanent fix

Back