• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN DISPLAY Framed DLR map puzzle with DLR PODH pins!

PIN DISPLAY Framed DLR map puzzle with DLR PODH pins!

watzshakinbacon

B for Belle or B for bacon?
Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Around thanksgiving, I started working on this Disneyland map puzzle with the plan to frame it with some pins. It took me a little bit to finish the puzzle, glue it, find a hinged shadow box that fits the puzzle, adhere foam, cork, and fabric, and finally mount the puzzle. Today, I got my pins from my parents’ house and put my PODH pins into the puzzle frame. I think it looks pretty good but TBD if the puzzle will stay if I get more PODH pins!

fdb4ef03a98df034c463dcfb76e43270.jpg

6d444ef32cd9ddeb8b0df9eb5297047b.jpg

26b2a539ccb02ff88c17446aab255bd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, everyone!! I’m pretty proud of it!

I love it! Where did you get the frame?

It’s actually a jersey frame (like for ppl who wanna save sports jerseys). I put the link below but I did a couple modifications to the frame. I removed the eye hook that was inside (to hang the jersey). Also, I remove the sawtooth hanging hardware since it would’ve hung the frame in portrait mode. I reattached them on the hinged side so now I can hang in landscape mode.

Jersey Frame Display Case Black... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NP864PL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Oh! One more thing I wanted to share

One of the pieces was missing in the puzzle and I couldn’t figure out who to contact for a replacement piece. I put my crafting prowess to work and made a replacement myself!

I found a high res photo of a completed puzzle and brought a piece to approximately scale it before printing out the section. I traced out the missing part and then cut it out, placed it on a double sided sticky foam, realized the colors were way off, busted out the paint markers and did some color matching. Pretty proud of the outcome since I don’t have any formal color theory training or art instruction

0da04cc03e1bc55aa5bb6d2e01873fc3.jpg

c26fc79ecdcd7adf482be30a8c142d5c.jpg

1691401f6d6b564542c01d615c783d83.jpg

Oh! One more thing I wanted to share

One of the pieces was missing in the puzzle and I couldn’t figure out who to contact for a replacement piece. I put my crafting prowess to work and made a replacement myself!

I found a high res photo of a completed puzzle and brought a piece to approximately scale it before printing out the section. I traced out the missing part and then cut it out, placed it on a double sided sticky foam, realized the colors were way off, busted out the paint markers and did some color matching. Pretty proud of the outcome since I don’t have any formal color theory training or art instruction

0da04cc03e1bc55aa5bb6d2e01873fc3.jpg

c26fc79ecdcd7adf482be30a8c142d5c.jpg

1691401f6d6b564542c01d615c783d83.jpg

you would never know that it was a replacement piece

Pictures don’t even do it justice! Out of curiosity, how large is the frame?

Thank you!! The frame is 31.23” x 23.25”. I included the link below. It’s meant for jerseys and the hanging hardware is meant for portrait mode. I added some to the hinged edge to hang in landscape mode.

IHEIPYE Jersey Display Frame Case Lockable, Large Sport Jersey Shadow Box with 98% UV Protection Acrylic and Hanger for Baseball Basketball Football Soccer Hockey Shirt and Uniform,Black https://a.co/d/5UDJLK4

Back