• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

FREE! Trivia Game

FREE! Trivia Game

Disnerd1989

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
THE GAME

I will post various questions every few days and give as many people who want to play a chance to guess. There is only one rule; You can not use Google.

There will be various types of questions asked and points will be rewarded in different ways for each answer.

Examples

Questions with numbers for answers

If someone gets the correct answer, they will receive 10 points.

For example,

QUESTION: What year did Disney World Open?

Person 1 guesses 1969
Person 2 guesses 1971
Person 3 guesses 1970

The answer is 1971, therefore Person 2 gets the points.

If nobody gets the correct answer, the person who is closest will receive 5 points.

QUESTION: How many pounds of Turkey Drumsticks are consumed at Walt Disney World annually? (Yes, I will ask ridiculous questions like that)

Person 1 guesses 988,231
Person 2 guesses 122,832
Person 3 guesses 1 million
Person 4 guesses 109,820

The answer is 1.2 million, therefore Person 3 is closest and gets the points.
Questions with lists of possible answers

These will mostly be personal questions, kind of like thetindog and tinawap's 'Guess my favourite movie' games, only I'll just be looking for the top answer.

For example;

QUESTION: What is my favourite colour?

Person 1 guesses Blue
Person 2 guesses Red
Person 3 guesses Green
Person 4 guesses Yellow

My favourite colour is Green, therefore Person 3 gets 10 points.

If no one gets the correct answer, it goes to whoever guessed my most favourite of whichever colours have been guessed.

Person 1 guesses Blue
Person 2 guesses Red
Person 3 guesses Orange
Person 4 guesses Yellow

My second favourite colour is Yellow, therefore Person 4 gets 5 points.

Questions with only one possible answer

First person with the correct answer will get 6 points. Everyone who answers correctly afterwards will receive 3 points each.

Example

QUESTION: Name the next door neighbour in Toy Story.

Person 1 guesses John
Person 2 guesses Sid Phillips
Person 3 guesses Sid
Person 4 guesses Andy
Person 5 guesses Sid Phillips

Person 2 was first with correct answer, so he/she gets 6 points.
Person 3 and 5 both also have the correct answers, therefore they each get 3 points.

THE QUESTIONS WILL BE POSTED IN THE SECOND POST ON THIS THREAD

Also, the same as thetindog's game, I will post GREEN LIGHT when the game is active and RED LIGHT when I'm adding up scores.

This game will run for a long time, until July 31st (Does July have a 31st? If not, then July 30th) at 9pm GMT.

People are welcome to join in at any point!

THE PRIZE

A large care package with lots of nice surprises :)

THE QUESTIONS WILL BE POSTED IN THE SECOND POST ON THIS THREAD

Last edited:
CURRENT QUESTION!

How many days old (As of May 15th 2014) would Walt be if he was still alive? (You can use a calculator, just no researching his birthday)

10 Points for exact number (Or if you are one number off for this one!)
If nobody guesses the exact number, then 5 points to the nearest guess!

Last edited:
Leaderboard

Sweetpin ~ 68 points

LumpyLover ~ 58 points
Aceastrococopuff ~ 58 points

jazzytrumpet ~ 48 points

coblj003 ~ 37 points

JMR ~ 35 points
Onlera ~ 35 points

Lyndsayc ~ 31 points

MadWild ~ 28 points

ILoveTigger ~ 25 points

norlando319 ~ 20 points
reeneibakini ~ 20 points
Goren1818 ~ 20 points
Lrdobkins ~ 20 points

Krys10Webb ~ 10 points
Maleficient913 ~ 10 points
mmmoni411 ~ 10 points
echoharmony ~ 10 points
Snowie ~ 10 points
jhari16 ~ 10 points
linz_pinz ~ 10 points
lohofosho ~ 10 points
ksnuggles ~ 10 points
teddy_ruxpin ~ 10 points

Previous Questions

1. How many acres is the wood where Christopher Robin Plays?
Answer: The answer is 100, but 500 and 50 were also acceptable answers as The 100 Acre Wood was based on a real place called The 500 Acre Wood. It is now only 50 Acres.

Everyone who guessed was correct; (10 points each)
Goren1818, Lyndsayc, MadWild, Krys10Webb, Maleficient913, Lrdobkins, mmmoni411, echoharmony, Snowie, jhari16,
ILoveTigger, Onlera, JMR, linz_pinz, jazzytrumpet, lohofosho, Aceastrococopuff, coblj003, LumpyLover, ksnuggles,
sweetpin, teddy_ruxpin, norlando319

2.QUESTION: How many hotel* rooms are there onsite at Disney World?
*This includes all the onsite hotels with Disney in there names (eg. Disney's All Star Music Resort or Disney's Coronado Spring's resort) and the Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green Resorts. It includes all villas and cabins. It does NOT include the 7 Downtown Disney Partner Hotels.
The answer is according to touringplans.com

ANSWER: 30,405

The nearest guess was ILoveTigger's guess of 30,324, which was only 81 rooms off. 5 points.

BONUS QUESTION: If you stayed in one of these rooms every night, how many years (rounded down) would it take you to stay in all of them?

ANSWER: It would take 83.24 years, therefore the answer is 83.

reeneibakini, sweetpin, Aceatrococopuff and ILoveTigger all guessed 83 years, so 10 points each.

3. QUESTION:What is my favourite Disney song?

ANSWER: Well, I thought the answer was I Won't Say I'm In Love... I was convinced that was the right answer! But then norlando319 guessed Colors Of The Wind and I was like 'Oh, I love that song too'. So, I have listened to both songs several times since and I just can't figure out which I like more! So, I'll accept both!

norlando319 guessed Colors Of The Wind - 10 points

LumpyLover and sweetpin guessed I Won't Say I'm In Love - 10 points each

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is a very good contender for my favourite too.

I'm going to stop putting the previous questions here or the post will get way too long

Last edited:
As someone who grew up reading/watching Winnie the Pooh, it's ingrained in my memory that it is The 100 Acre Wood! :)

Last edited:
Well, yeah, it's 100, but shouldn't it be done by PM so everyone can't get the answer from the comments?

Since it's called the Hundred Acre Wood, I'm going to guess...100!

Interesting trivia: The Hundred Acre Wood was based on a real place--the Five Hundred Acre Wood.

Onlera, it's a question that everyone knows the answer to anyway, just to get the game started. Once it is actually going, there will be no way of knowing if people ahead of you are right or not

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back