• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)
I know we all know about the two dolls that sing together that are shown on the bottom of this picture...!BUT!...look at the two dolls on the top of the picture. When you add cold water to the dresses, they change and show little details. But what has me even more excited, Look At The Pretty Gowns! I hope there is some canon to them and not just a Mattel glorification because I really like them and that's just the concept art. Plus, what has me even more excited...if Mattel is producing stuff like this...then I wonder what gloriousness Disney has planned in order to retain their monopoly! ;) Also...OH MY GOD I JUST WANNA SEE THE FINALIZED ELSA DESIGN(S) AND SEE HER AS MY 17" LE!!!! :D

mattel_frozen_dolls.jpg

...probably helps if I were to post the image huh? :facepalm:

Lol I was wondering what images you were talking about, thought it might have been reference to a previous post haha.

That really is exciting what disney could do with the frozen merchandise, I really cannot wait to see what the LE will be like, due to the lack of LE dolls this year I am really counting on Disney making sure that the detail on the Little mermaid and Frozen dolls to be close to perfect as they had a lot of time to develop and perfect them!

The @DisneyD23 Twitter account tweeted this less than an hour ago: "Let the countdown to #Frozen begin! #WaltDisneyAnimationStudios http://instagram.com/p/ZY2HjgnTzR/". So I guess the promotion for the movie will begin very soon... aaghhhhh SO EXCITED!!!:anxious:

well Monsters U comes out on June 21 so that is when the Official trailer is expected to be released which means that we should be seeing posters to promote the movie pretty soon (prob early June) but they may just be teaser posters I.e will only have the name of the movie and not show any of the characters etc.

RIGHT!? I'm wanting summer to be over just so we can be closer to their release.(I'm also a little bit worried that this movie might prompt another LE 2 pack. I just want my Baddies!)

Anna is SO freaking cute & adorable, and she looks nothing like Rapunzel... :eek2:

Anna-Frozen-Disney.jpg

Anna

Olaf-Frozen-Disney.jpg

Olaf the Snowman

It is such a relief to see that image! I was getting kind of annoyed with the entire internet screaming "Tangled with snow!" every time I tried to look up information on Frozen. Rapunzel and Anna look very different, and Elsa will add an interesting element. Frankly, I loved Tangled, so I don't even mind if it similar and they just "add snow" ;)

I can't wait until we see more dolls. I suspect that Mattel will have theirs out first, maybe as soon as mid-summer? They usually start putting out Christmas movie merch around then in the stores near me. I usually don't go for Mattel dolls unless the DS didn't make a specific character (such as Theodora) but I have a feeling I will love Frozen so much (love the Snow Queen story, love cold & snow, have a few sisters myself) that I will want to get all the dolls they make.

I might be the only one on this, but.... sorry guys, although that image is encouraging, I still think Anna looks very similar to rapunzel in the face. Her eyes are slanted more, but I think her overall face shape, nose, and smile are almost straight rapunzel. and don't get me wrong, I think her clothes are adorable, but the bodice vest and skirt are also very similar in structure (sweetheart neckline/bustier style, center point, 3/4 ankle skirt).
I don't know what to expect from Anna, but I think I was hoping for a fresh, noticeably different style and character look.

I think this is just the style that Disney uses now. Rapunzel and Anna are not so different from Bolt's Penny, or even Sofia the First. I'm okay with it, I think many of the classic princesses look alike according to their time and grouping. But I am not going to say there are not similarities, there certainly are, I guess it just depends on how the individual feels about this style.

Im am super excited about Frozen. It will be my daughter's first movie theatre movie! I cant wait and want to get all the merch I can. :)

I think this is just the style that Disney uses now. Rapunzel and Anna are not so different from Bolt's Penny, or even Sofia the First. I'm okay with it, I think many of the classic princesses look alike according to their time and grouping. But I am not going to say there are not similarities, there certainly are, I guess it just depends on how the individual feels about this style.

I agree with literally everything you said lol. There are very minor similarities between the two, but Anna does not and will not look anything like Rapunzel in the movie. She looks much more like Elsa, which is amazing how they are sisters and actually look related.

I agree with literally everything you said lol. There are very minor similarities between the two, but Anna does not and will not look anything like Rapunzel in the movie. She looks much more like Elsa, which is amazing how they are sisters and actually look related.

It also doesn't bother me because I like consistency of style. I want to know it is a Disney, or a Tim Burton, or a Baz Luhrmann, or whoever, film by looking at it because I enjoy the style. I sometimes don't wonder if it is trendy to be down on things because they are not "amazingly super so original" and there is a similarly styled film out there. I have enjoyed every Pirates film thus far, they are still fun I think. It just depends on if someone is looking for new innovation or can appreciate things for themselves without the need to compare. [Note: I don't think anyone on this thread has been negative in any way, but I have seen a lot of harsh and preliminary criticism on youtube, tumblr, and many other sites].

Apart, yeah I do agree that they look similar. But when placed together, they look different. Maybe...like cousins, but different. And, like said above, it is the same style, so I do like the "drawn by the same hand" feeling it gives.
Also, in both a positive and negative light, the other princesses have so many similarities. It's only a matter of time before the latest princess is assimilated in to the look, maybe now they are just jumping right to it? ;)
But, all I really care about...is the quality of the villain's design. ;D

I know we all know about the two dolls that sing together that are shown on the bottom of this picture...!BUT!...look at the two dolls on the top of the picture. When you add cold water to the dresses, they change and show little details. But what has me even more excited, Look At The Pretty Gowns! I hope there is some canon to them and not just a Mattel glorification because I really like them and that's just the concept art. Plus, what has me even more excited...if Mattel is producing stuff like this...then I wonder what gloriousness Disney has planned in order to retain their monopoly! ;) Also...OH MY GOD I JUST WANNA SEE THE FINALIZED ELSA DESIGN(S) AND SEE HER AS MY 17" LE!!!! :D

The Mattel dolls look awful, and I hope they make 17" LE dolls too!!! I'm eager to see what Disney has planned, because the past two years their 12" dolls have been GORGEOUS.

I absolutely love how long the train of Elsa's dress is in that tiny concept art in the background, it will look incredible on the LE doll :anxious:

Anna-Frozen-Disney-full.jpg

I absolutely love how long the train of Elsa's dress is in that tiny concept art in the background, it will look incredible on the LE doll

Anna-Frozen-Disney-full.jpg

That looks beautiful, I hope Disney Store can actually design it like that on the Limited Edition doll. Really looking forward to the movie, seems like it will be another modern day classic.

More images of the Mattel dolls for anyone who is interested in them.

Frozen_dolls_3.jpg

These will apparently be Anna and Elsa's alternative outfits (which will obviously look much better in the movie, compared to Mattel's re-imagining).

Frozen_dolls_1.jpg

Last edited:
I meant their 'second outfit', so yeah I guess it's their "ballgown look" lol.

Personally, I usually like the "main outfit" dolls better as the "ballgown" scene(s) usually only last a few moments (I'm looking at you: Tiana!) but it is always fun to have options. I usually don't do Mattel, but if these hit before the Disney Store offerings I'm getting them!

Hey Wazzy, it shows that you posted a second picture...but it doesn't show. Is that the "ballgown" look everyone's talking about? I WANNA SEE IT! ;)

I swear, basically nothing has been released and I'm already so super excited for this movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back