• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Giveaway in Honor of Sabrina's Memory [FREE] ENDS 3/18 at 12 PM PST

Giveaway in Honor of Sabrina's Memory [FREE] ENDS 3/18 at 12 PM PST

summerskin

I control the weather
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
In all honesty, I have been staring at a box of gifts this past week I meant to send to Sabrina for the holidays but was asked to wait by her family. I haven't been able to figure out what to do with them until it occurred to me how much Sabrina loved giveaways and sharing the joy of this wonderful hobby with our community. I can't think of a nicer, kinder, more generous soul in this forum. I will send this prize anywhere in the world. All you need to do to enter is share a memory of her in any capacity. A way she made you smile, a particular memory that will remind you of her, a shared interest or collection, just something to help us all come together to honor her here.

PRIZE
MoXjxXJ.png

Sabrina was a light during some of the darkest periods of my life. Many of you know I struggled with postpartum mental and physical health issues. I am not sure if I ever shared the extent but I am honestly lucky to still be here. My biggest online cheerleader who would randomly send me encouragement just when I needed it was Sabrina. She is an essential piece of my recovery journey and always had insight and reassurances to share. She truly cared not just about me but about my girls as well. Every occasion she wanted to hear about and see photos from. She sent Christmas, birthday, and other gifts for them. They loved getting packages from over the ocean as they said from mommy's special friend. They helped me pick out items for her for our packages that went out to to her with joy.

You couldn't ask for a better friend than Sabrina. She had a tremendous capacity to love that was rivaled only by her indomitable spirit. She faced a great many challenges in her short life and I feel blessed that she chose to let me be part of her life and her journey. She was truly a fighter and one of the strongest people I've met. The world lost a bright light when she lost her fight with her illness. I will miss her so deeply and know I am one of many here who she touched. Rest In Peace my friend.

Last edited:
I haven’t been able to write about Sabrina, there is so much to say but it’s been really hard and I haven’t been able to put anything to words. I have thought about Sabrina a lot during my time away from the forum. She was one of the reasons I came back and was hoping to reconnect with her. I want to share a story about how kind she was to me. She really had the biggest heart and got to know you even if you didn’t realize it. Sabrina wanted to trade for my Dodger PTD and we made a trade. When my pin arrived Sabrina zapped me. I will admit that I rarely keep zaps but this was a special zap.
8929dcf489e237818f9184aef57cf363.jpg

This little rodent pin might seem small, simple and unimportant but it wasn’t to me. I have kept this pin all this time and I will never get rid of it. This pin made me so happy and it still does to this day. I tell people about this pin, even people who don’t understand this hobby. When I got this pin I realized that Sabrina paid attention to me and my life, to all my pictures and posts about my hamster Fluffy. She sent me this pin because she knew how much I loved Fluffy and rodents. I did always feel silly about how much I posted about my hamster but Sabrina made me feel at ease. To this day I collect rodent pins and it all started with this simple pin. She was such a special person and will be greatly missed. My deepest condolences to Sabrina’s family, I can’t even imagine the loss and pain they are enduring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an amazing thing to do and perfect way to celebrate her life.

Me and Sabrina talked a lot with each other because her illness is very much alike the illness my twins have. Its not the exact same illness but its the same doctors and treatment so we shared a lot. We used to make candy swaps. It was so much fun and she always made such fun packages and I loved to pack her packages up. It really hurts to know she is not on this earth anymore. At least she finally is not in pain anymore.

Amanda . . . This almost had me crying. What a fabulous thing to do! I've had a similar experience since the news. Actually, it is amazing how often I would have sent her an email or pictures or mailed her a note, etc. I'm really sad still and it seems every time I go to do something, it brings her to mind.

We connected through 1980s cartoons, actually. Her email was "Jellystone Park" and Yogi Bear has been one of my very favorites forever. I've been working on making a Yogi Bear Picnic basket toy set for years (instead of plastic play food for kids, I'm making wool felt play food, and got different games and toys and plushies to fill it out) and we discussed that all the time! Someone to share with made it more fun. Same went with Smurfs. I've loved Smurfs forever and even when I made an almost three foot tall Amigurumi Smurf, she didn't think it was strange! She LOVED it! What was so fun was being able to share with her. Through Dad's cancer treatments, she was always so caring and never minded when I might have dumped or been a little down. she was always there. She loved the American Girl dolls, and sharing the photos and photo stories was always so fun!

We actually took an original 1980s AG doll and dressed it in early outfits and put 1980s accessories with it and sent it to her, and always were on the hunt for 80s things that would work with it! During the Queen's Platinum Jubilee we wrote all the time, and as we were watching all the videos and when we did the big doll photo story party - we were emailing all the time! It was so fun to share with someone who cared, even if she cared because you cared. :) I've collected British "Lilliput Lane" cottages for many years (a couple decades now, I think) and she surprised me with one for a birthday one year, and I have it in the cabinet with the other Lilliputs that are from family members and hold the "prize" positions. To be honest, the last nine days since getting the news have been rather sad and hard. She was always so friendly and cheerful and a good friend, even if it was just the two of us sharing troubles.

I have a favorite AG doll who has no name at the moment, and Sis and I have come up with the idea to name her Sabrina and get her the Care Bears AG nightgown and let her run the dolly thrift store and be a part of the doll "Island" world. It is funny, but Care Bears were all over when we were little, and Sis and I never really cared for them. But, once I knew Sabrina, I can't help but notice them now! I actually have four 1980s Care Bear Christmas ornaments that were hand made sitting upstairs that were going to Sabrina. I keep looking at them but can't bring myself to go through the bag yet.

She was such a fabulous friend, and so caring. Really, the world was dimmed on 27 February. Not many people like her in the world. I've been missing her since she went into hospital, but now it is lonely. Thanks, Sabrina, for your wonderful friendship!

This thread is making me cry :eeyore:. But what a wonderful way to honor her memory. I remember what first caught me attention about Sabrina's posts way back when was her use of early 80's cartoons in her avatar's. It seemed like forever since anyone had mentioned Care Bears (before they tried to remake it) and My Little Pony (Again before they tried to remake it) and old Gummi Bears. And the jellystone email was priceless. It was like a portal back to simpler times. I know from here on out I doubt i will ever think of Care Bears without thinking of her. I still get notices in my email from people listing care bear items because i had been looking for more to send her before Christmas. Now i sort of well up with tears every time i get an offer to purchase something that would have been for Sabrina. :eeyore:

I saw the news this morning and am just devastated. Sabrina and I weren't pen pals but we interacted on the forum a lot and she always bid on my trade auctions! She's been a core member of this forum for a long time and has brought so much goodness and genuine joy to so many people here through her kindness and incredible generosity.

I was going through our past messages and trades, and realized that she won two of the last three trade auctions that I held. I have traded for some great UK Disney Store traders with her, but my two favorite keepers are Pin 88192 Disney Store Europe - Chip & Dale Christmas 2011 and Pin 94850 DL - Pongo and Perdita - 101 Dalmatians - Window to the Magic. They are in my collection to this day and I still love both of them.

She was always so kind in our interactions, and was always on the lookout for pins from other people's wants as well. I will never forget walking into a Hallmark store when I lived in Oregon and seeing the Rainbow Brite Itty Bitty boxed sets and thinking of her.

I don't need to be entered in the giveaway because I would love for all of these items to go to someone who will keep them, but I wanted to join in in sharing <3 The world is a better place because Sabrina was in it.

Like all of you, I miss her so much. I have been communicating with her mom some during this
time, but talking to Sabrina was different. We had a lot in common. We shared pictures of our
gardens. Her little garden was so beautiful, just like her. I have so many memories of her and
she has been so much in my mind and prayers. I sent her a Care bear before Christmas, and I
hope it made it to her. I often shopped for her. She liked the old style of the cartoons and not
the "new improved" style. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have realized they changed the look.

I could type forever here, but I feel better knowing that many people cared for her and spent
time with her on here and through email.

I forgot to mention, that we always sent Christmas presents and Sabrina knew I love Kinder Eggs
(the Christmas ones that are shaped like Santa). They are so cool. Several times, she would take
pins out of her collection and send them to me for Christmas. I cherish them.

Last edited:
Such a sweet and fitting way to honor her memory. I'm reminded of her every time I look at my baby Pegasus plushie, which was part of the many care packages she sent to me over the years. We used to email each other and she often included pictures of outings that she went on. I think one of my favourites was the pumpkin patch she visited; she showed me pictures of the various decorations because she knew how much I love Halloween. We talked a bit about her illness, she confided in me because she knew I understood what she was talking about- my late best friend Amy had the same illness and passed away in 2009. Sabrina and I bonded over many things, including our love for 80's cartoons like My Little Pony and Care Bears, our shared experience with her illness, our love of all things Disney, etc. We hadn't emailed in quite a while as life happened and we grew more distant, but I will always keep and enjoy her emails as a way to keep her memory alive. Please excuse me as I add bits and pieces to this; my dad passed suddenly in early January and I've barely even begun that grieving process. It makes mourning anyone else hard as well. The world is a bit darker without Sabrina's light.

Last edited:
(I know I "entered" above, but I was reading through the other comments and just wanted to add . . . :) )

Oh, she was so fun! And her 80s stuff was cool! She actually "introduced " me to a bunch of 80s cartoons I never knew of! When she wanted to buy stuff that the seller's wouldn't mail to the UK, she'd have it sent here, and I would collect a box full. Got to see some fun My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake stuff, as well as Hanna Barbera (as well as Yogi, we so agreed on Jetsons!) and Disney and Care Bears and Rainbow Brite! She'd have pin trades setn here the same way, and it was always fun to send her pictures of the items and it was like enjoying finds together. :)

A really fun time was when I asked her about Butter Bear (her pinpics name was butterbear). She told me Butter Bear was from a forgotten Disney cartoon - Wuzzles! It was hilarious, as Mom had just gotten an old frame out that she had put together right after we were born, and it had these characters on top that Mom always said were Wuzzles! Took a quick picture and sent it to Sabrina and we were laughing (over email) because one of the characters was BUTTER BEAR! All those years and I never knew it!

20230308161234-98f7372f-me.jpg

(I know I "entered" above, but I was reading through the other comments and just wanted to add . . . :) )

A really fun time was when I asked her about Butter Bear (her pinpics name was butterbear). She told me Butter Bear was from a forgotten Disney cartoon - Wuzzles! It was hilarious, as Mom had just gotten an old frame out that she had put together right after we were born, and it had these characters on top that Mom always said were Wuzzles! Took a quick picture and sent it to Sabrina and we were laughing (over email) because one of the characters was BUTTER BEAR! All those years and I never knew it!

20230308161234-98f7372f-me.jpg
That's Bumblelion and Hoppopotamous next to Butterbear the wuzzles were good times :tigger:

Also is there a way that we can copy over all these posts into the memorium thread once the game is over so we can read back through them again later on?

This is a lovely tribute.

I won’t write much, because I am having a hard time dealing with her death. She was one of my first friends here on the forum, and she was always and forever writing me sweet notes and sending me packages. I’ve been feeling a lot of guilt over not being there for her more in the end.

She never forgot a birthday or holiday. Her kindness was legendary. I don’t think she realized how loved she was. I hope that wherever she is, she knows it now. ❤️

What a lovely thread. It's really had me choked up reading this over the past couple of days, and I have been wanting to reply. We also have a package sitting here that was meant to go to her. :(

While Sis did the most e-mailing with Sabrina, we thought about her all the time. We were always coming up with things to share with her, and there was always a little stack of goodies waiting to go into a package for her. She loved so many of the old characters that we also grew up with. It was fun to connect over even more than just pins -- Smurfs, Yogi Bear, Care Bears. It feels like there's something to remind us of her every day, and Sis and I have been so sad. We always looked forward to interacting with her, whether it was in pin swaps or just notes. She was a special friend who we will continue to miss.

Also is there a way that we can copy over all these posts into the memorium thread once the game is over so we can read back through them again later on?

I think this is a must-do idea, and once the giveaway is done, I hope @starry_solo or @Ksnuggles can split these posts into the memorial thread!

I think this is a must-do idea, and once the giveaway is done, I hope @starry_solo or @Ksnuggles can split these posts into the memorial thread!
I don't think we can split these posts... but I could look into it.. but we can move this whole thread into the memory section for sure.

There's been a ton of lovely stories shared about Sabrina this week and it makes her passing easier to handle. Sabrina's not the first loved one I've had pass under less than good circumstances and the fact that I know now she isn't suffering is a blessing I hope will ease the pain in my heart; it's nice to know she was very much loved her on the Forum.

Sabrina was my first friend I ever had in the pin community and one of the first trades I ever made on PinPics. We had so many shared interests in and out of Disney; she introduced a few new fandoms to me and brought on a sense of purpose hunting down some of her ISOs from the States that I could pick up on trips or trade for her. Sabrina even gifted me my first WDI - Grammi Gummi from the Gummi Bears; we both loved the show so much even though I'm about 2 decades too late!! She loved all of the BoxLunch exclusives of some her favorite movies and shows and the past year has had an influx of Disney Afternoon pins from multiple pins companies that I feel like this was a small gift that the universe sent to me in her honor. She was such a sweet person and last week's news is really doing a number on me. Like SoraPandora I too have a lot of guilt for not being as communicative as I would have liked. I have a holiday bundle that never got the opportunity to reach her due to weather and the post office losing the package the first time so my delay for better weather, although well intended, was too late. I know in my heart she would have loved the package and I hope she's looking down now and can see what I stored away for her. Sabrina will always be one of my best trading friends AND possibly the kindest person ever. I miss you Sabrina and I will always remember you.

If you didn't know, Sabrina loved:
Care Bears (the Original)
She-Ra (the Original)
The Wuzzles
Moomin
Disney Afternoon cartoons
Scooby Doo
Duffy and Friends
Sword in the Stone
Rescuers, Rescuers Down Under
Pooh and Friends
Studio Ghibli..... just to name a few. We shared many of these interests and these things will be exponentially more special to me knowing she was also a fan.

There's been a ton of lovely stories shared about Sabrina this week and it makes her passing easier to handle. Sabrina's not the first loved one I've had pass under less than good circumstances and the fact that I know now she isn't suffering is a blessing I hope will ease the pain in my heart; it's nice to know she was very much loved her on the Forum.

Sabrina was my first friend I ever had in the pin community and one of the first trades I ever made on PinPics. We had so many shared interests in and out of Disney; she introduced a few new fandoms to me and brought on a sense of purpose hunting down some of her ISOs from the States that I could pick up on trips or trade for her. Sabrina even gifted me my first WDI - Grammi Gummi from the Gummi Bears; we both loved the show so much even though I'm about 2 decades too late!! She loved all of the BoxLunch exclusives of some her favorite movies and shows and the past year has had an influx of Disney Afternoon pins from multiple pins companies that I feel like this was a small gift that the universe sent to me in her honor. She was such a sweet person and last week's news is really doing a number on me. Like SoraPandora I too have a lot of guilt for not being as communicative as I would have liked. I have a holiday bundle that never got the opportunity to reach her due to weather and the post office losing the package the first time so my delay for better weather, although well intended, was too late. I know in my heart she would have loved the package and I hope she's looking down now and can see what I stored away for her. Sabrina will always be one of my best trading friends AND possibly the kindest person ever. I miss you Sabrina and I will always remember you.

If you didn't know, Sabrina loved:
Care Bears (the Original)
She-Ra (the Original)
The Wuzzles
Moomin
Disney Afternoon cartoons
Scooby Doo
Duffy and Friends
Sword in the Stone
Rescuers, Rescuers Down Under
Pooh and Friends
Studio Ghibli..... just to name a few. We shared many of these interests and these things will be exponentially more special to me knowing she was also a fan.
My Little Pony
Robin Hood (mostly for her brother) but she collected it as well.

I don't think we can split these posts... but I could look into it.. but we can move this whole thread into the memory section for sure.
I haven't tried splitting posts out and recombining them into an existing post before, but I thiiiink I might be able to do it. I would want to look into it before attempting it with these threads. If I'm anywhere less than 100% confident that it will work, I won't attempt it because these memorial threads are too precious to risk ruining.

Although even if I can split these posts, maybe I shouldn't? My instinct is to keep this thread intact to preserve it in its entirety as the beautiful tribute to a much-loved member, as it was intended, and just move it to the memorial section upon the event's completion.

My instinct is to keep this thread intact to preserve it in its entirety as the beautiful tribute to a much-loved member, as it was intended, and just move it to the memorial section upon the event's completion.
That sounds perfect. I think we are just wanting to make sure these memories aren't lost forever to the completed game abyss.

Back