• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Have any of these been faked?

Have any of these been faked?

Snoffsan

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I got an offer to buy these at a good price but it got me worried. Does anyone know if any of these have been faked? If so, any special things to look for to know if these are real?

090e4315bd414a2564ae3ccd5d8816ee.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Do any of them come with original cards?

There are no notes on PTDB re: fake Oliver clusters.

There are rumors of some profiles being faked, but nothing has come out yet (other than the Villains profiles).

Do any of them come with original cards?

There are no notes on PTDB re: fake Oliver clusters.

There are rumors of some profiles being faked, but nothing has come out yet (other than the Villains profiles).
Aw man, I hate to hear about any possibility that the Profiles are faked. A few of them are my grails but I wouldn't invest much in them if they are confirmed to be counterfeited down the line.

Aw man, I hate to hear about any possibility that the Profiles are faked. A few of them are my grails but I wouldn't invest much in them if they are confirmed to be counterfeited down the line.

I need to go find my screenshot but I found them listed on FB of a warning to be aware of a few of them (some princess grails too!)

I dont know if they are coming on card. Ill have to ask. I got a chance to buy someones collections and these are in there. But there are also a few fantasy pins not disclosed as fantasy so I got a bit worried. When asked where they got them they said they bought most of their pins from live sales on instagram.

But at least it doesnt look like these are highly faked from what you are saying. I think I will take the chance. Depending on what the final price ends up being.

Yes its the DLP series.

I ended up buying the lot since it was such a good price. No backer cards. They all look good. And I have not found any posts about these xact pins being faked so I hope I did a good deal.
That's absolutely fantastic, congratulations on your latest pin purchase! Since you haven't found any warning posts about those particular pins and they look good, I think you'll be fine. :)

That's absolutely fantastic, congratulations on your latest pin purchase! Since you haven't found any warning posts about those particular pins and they look good, I think you'll be fine. :)
I hope so. Hopefully they will help me trade for some of my wants. Now I just need to find som Oliver collectors out there :)

I got an offer to buy these at a good price but it got me worried. Does anyone know if any of these have been faked? If so, any special things to look for to know if these are real?

090e4315bd414a2564ae3ccd5d8816ee.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Fwiw I saw the same seller on eBay selling the upper left pin (a very low LE) at auction multiple weeks in a row. Their pin descriptions gave the tell-tale statement that "all of our pins have been traded for at Disney parks". Those people always seem to have the best luck getting rare pins by trading at the parks.... That said, I cannot say with certainty that they have been faked as I haven't seen any other mention of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Fwiw I saw the same seller on eBay selling the upper left pin (a very low LE) at auction multiple weeks in a row. Their pin descriptions gave the tell-tale statement that "all of our pins have been traded for at Disney parks". Those people always seem to have the best luck getting rare pins by trading at the parks.... That said, I cannot say with certainty that they have been faked as I haven't seen any other mention of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
These were not bought from Ebay but from a pin collector in Sweden. :) They bought them around when they were released and I trust them but wanted to know if any of these were heavily faked so I would know what to look for just in case.

Anyway I got the pins and they all looked great so Im happy.

These were not bought from Ebay but from a pin collector in Sweden. :) They bought them around when they were released and I trust them but wanted to know if any of these were heavily faked so I would know what to look for just in case.

Anyway I got the pins and they all looked great so Im happy.
So glad that you got what you wanted! I just thought it best that people know they may have been scrapped, because the seller keeps selling the same pins every week and several are HTF rare pins, so it makes it likely that the ones they are selling aren't legit. Glad your pins are good to go, they look very nice!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

So glad that you got what you wanted! I just thought it best that people know they may have been scrapped, because the seller keeps selling the same pins every week and several are HTF rare pins, so it makes it likely that the ones they are selling aren't legit. Glad your pins are good to go, they look very nice!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Yeah there are way to many fake pins out there, and people selling them. I have been collecting for about 10 years now and it makes me so upset when people get scammed with counterfeit pins.

I have a pretty good knowledge of what pins have been faked when it comes to the themes I collect but since I'm not familiar with Oliver pins I thought it was best to ask if anyone knew if any of these were known fakes, but it seemed like that was not the case. At least when I bought these so that was good news. Sad if they are being faked now. It always makes the pins harder to trade when there are lots of fakes out there.

Back