• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello Again! Its been a long time! I am a DAD now! Woooo! <Cute Baby Pictures Inside>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Again! Its been a long time! I am a DAD now! Woooo! <Cute Baby Pictures Inside>

NChouser

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I left pin trading about a year ago and regret getting rid of some of my pins.
It was for the BEST though because my wife and I welcomed a beautiful baby girl into our lives!
A really quick history lesson-- My wife and I struggled with infertility for about 3 years. After trying and trying we finally

gave up. We focused on adoption and started fundraising! We spent the next twelve months running all over central pa looking for ways to raise money ( average adoption runs 20K-40K within the US).

During our home study we found out we were expecting. We really did not get too excited as it was VERY early on. Just 6 months before my wife miscarried while at a ultra sound appointment. Our hearts were still healing when we found out we were expecting!

We had history with a AMAZING doctor that came in EARLY every day to do a ultra sound to make sure all was well. Every single Monday morning we went in and held our breathe. We got to see our babies heart beating when it was just the tiniest of flickers and not really a heart yet. This went on for 5 weeks until we were at 11 weeks!

The rest of the pregnancy went by GREAT..... until... June of 2014! She dislocated her PELVIS!!! As in there was now a 3mm gap! I can not even imagine the pain and to make it even WORSE...our baby girl was head down already and just crushing the gap daily with braxton-hicks contractions!

I ended up having to give her 2 injections of blood thinner a day and she was put on bed rest on July 5th. Just 1 month until the Aug 8th due date! That did not happen as the pain and lack of sleep was putting my wife and baby in harms way. They opted for a scheduled induction 2 weeks early.... my wife was in labor for 12 hours before they called it and did a c-section. I watched my daughter take her first breathe and watched her open her eyes for the first time. Life is beautiful!

My wife did AMAZING in the recovery but sadly her pelvis has not moved BACK into place! :( She is not in nearly as much pain though ( actually none..just uncomfortable).

Whitley Hope Houser was born on July 25th at 9:43pm. She is the single greatest thing I have ever made in this world. She is what brings me happiness and hope on the darkest of days.

Sorry that was so long! Alot of you gave me alot of support and words of encouragement during this time. :)

So pin trading!! I decided IF I am going to come back to it I need to focus on specific collections and not just buy up tons of pins!

I will be focusing on these collections! Oliver and Company ( I could kick myself for selling off these pins) The Fox and Hound ( REALLY could kick myself for selling these pins) Great Mouse Detective and The Rescuers!

We kept our trip to Disney and took Whitley down. She had a blast ( as much as a 4 month old could at least).

Here are some pictures of my sweet Whitley! THANKS FOR READING! <3

One happy daddy!

10570327_10152603664918249_5683318332121264063_n.jpg

And just last week...

10686779_10152963858333249_2466145669491583718_n.jpg

AND 1 more! Why not!

10888786_10152959017168249_5400252074785726047_n.jpg

Awwww! She is gorgeous! I remember reading your story and I'm so glad to hear this good news! How awesome is it that she's already been to Disney!? You are definitely raising her right. :bigthumb: Welcome back!!

Welcome to the Disney Pin trading world, Whitley Hope Houser!! Dad, she is just beautiful and worth all the pins in the world IMHO. Congrats to all 3 of you!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! Welcome back to pin trading! Look forward to seeing you around!
Christine

Congratulations! What a little doll, just beautiful! So happy for you and hope your wife will continue to improve. What a great story! :)

Welcome back ! that sure is a happy ending after all. She looks so adorable ! love those pics :D
Goodluck getting into collecting again !

Forgot to mention that we still are in the process of foster to adopt! We are on the waiting list and just are waiting for a match!

Thank you all for the kind words!! :)

What a scary but great story! I'm so happy everything worked out for your family. I see you narrowed down your collection choices. Did you choose a theme for Whitley to collect as well; you know, a pin collector in the making? :D

Welcome back to pin trading. :cheshire:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back