• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HELP! Confused! WDI Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! Confused! WDI Badges

Ghst_hst_1

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone lost which WDI pin badges (2007-2010) have 1 post & which ones have 2 posts?

Nope. I haven't found it. I look at the description of each of the badges & only a few say how many posts they have on the back. Am I not looking in the right place? I find the pin, click on it which pulls it up along with the information & only a few of them state how many posts they have.

Last edited:
I don't think that people keep track of the number of posts a pin has on pinpics. As the information is uploaded by lots of different users it depends if that person makes a note of them or not.

Yeah. So my problem is that I need to know how many posts each have. I know not many were single posted ones but I would really like to know which ones ARE single & which ones are double posted. I collect them for my own pins & I have lots but I'm still somewhat new at this so now I need to check to see if any I've traded for are fakes or scrapper & know in the future what I'm looking for. It seems many of the fakes & scrappers have single posts so I'm having a bit of an issue with that. I've tried looking it up in many different ways including pinpics & some other disney archives but can't get the answers. So anyone out there, if you have one or more & you KNOW they're definitely NOT fakes or scrappers, please let me know which character & yr. The more people comment, I have a feeling it'll all come together & they'll all be covered.
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

If you mean the name badges like 76639 Jafar
$_35.JPG

I'm not aware of any scrappers of these pins , the lenticular element makes it unlikely .
The single post double post thing also sounds a bit off to me , it's usually either really cheap (HM / Mystery pack pins) or really expensive (Some of the character hat series) that get faked , the number of posts shouldn't have any impact on that

Many of the name badge pins are flat enamel, not lenticular. And multiple ones have been scrapped. (I'm hesitant to trade for the Lion King ones for this reason.)

s-l500.jpg

Unfortunately I do not have any information regarding which ones have one or two pin backs.

Many of the name badge pins are flat enamel, not lenticular. And multiple ones have been scrapped. (I'm hesitant to trade for the Lion King ones for this reason.)

s-l500.jpg

Unfortunately I do not have any information regarding which ones have one or two pin backs.
I bow to your superior knowledge Tessa :)
I never really liked this series so I never looked into it too deeply myself .
I do have one of two though so I'll check them later today

1St...THANK YOU to all of you who have replied! It is so helpful!

Yes. That's my problem...many ARE enamel unlike the 2010 WDI name badges & some are even updated on pinpics by moderators that specific ones have been offered to be made & sold direct to traders from a company. So some unless you bought it at the Burbank store, etc (staight from Disney) yourself, you cant truly verify or guarantee authenticity.

Okay. So far I've gotten that all lenticular (2010) of the name badges are most likely not fake or scrapper but any other input will be so helpful!

Last edited:
As I recall, a majority of those pins got faked. So unless you got them directly from WDI or got them from someone who did (and preferably on their original backer cards), yours are more likely fake than not, sorry.

Last edited:
Most of who I've gotten them from are former cast members & avid traders. Most were gotten well before pinpics updated that there were fakes but then I stopped for quite a while. Getting back into it, I just want to know for sure how many posts each had. I do know the ones I have were gotten from former cast members & avid traders from CA. But if anyone can help, I want to know what I'm looking for & check what I have just in case.

I don't think that people keep track of the number of posts a pin has on pinpics. As the information is uploaded by lots of different users it depends if that person makes a note of them or not.
And they seem to pick and shoes what they allowed to be posted I've been trying to get counterfeit warnings in detail on a bunch of Jessica Rabbit pins and they don't post Em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back