• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help! with a trade gone wrong. Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! with a trade gone wrong. Update

Stitch2814

#1 Kevin Fan
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hey everyone,

Im just wondering how I would go about asking a trader to send my pin I traded back and vice versa??

As anyone who has seen my thread regarding the open edition grape soda pin and how damaged it is??

Ive decided to ask for my LE225 Cheshire Cat from Alice Mystery set back but Ive never done this before so how is it best to word the email...??

the trader already knows the pin arrived damaged and has seen the image I took of it to show proof...

Im just a little puzzled on how to go about it.

HELP!!

Last edited:
I would just tell them that you are upset about it and that you would like to trade back as you never would have traded for the pin if you knew the condition. Staight and to the point....but polite.

I would just tell them that you are upset about it and that you would like to trade back as you never would have traded for the pin if you knew the condition. Staight and to the point....but polite.
I agree 100% there..ask to switch back..if they do...then try another trade with them,now if they do not agree to that
I really do not know what to tell you here..as there really is not a place to complain about it..was the trade through Pinpics?
If it was maybe they can help ya,I know the complaint section is closed..but maybe they can advise your next move

Good Luck and keep us posted

Im getting my pin back when the trader recieves it. Kind of glad now.I got this reply -

OK I wish I would have known also as this has been a waste of my time I have not gotten your pin yet when and if it arrives I will return it

anyone else feel this trader is being a bit harsh towards me by saying Ive wasted their time?? as its coming across that way to me :S

I have a feeling you might be stuck with that pin...you can't track your pin to prove it got there...

I don't know if they are blaming you, just saying that they wished they had known because it wasted their time. They really have nobody to blame but themselves for not checking the pin before they sent it. I wouldn't worry about it. People aren't always the best communicators through email and can sometimes sound tactless.

If im stuck with it Im stuck with it I guess but I hope Im not :( I might wait to see if I get my pin in return before sending the grape soda pin back as Id much rather have the damaged pin rather than sending it back and having no pins...

I sent the trader a reply saying that I hope I didnt offend the trader and that its just that my UP collection is my number 1 collection and Ive put so much time and effort into the collection (as other UP people can probably relate to) that I just couldnt accept the damaged pin.

Hope I get my pin back though, I think I will as the feedback from this person is quite a looong list XD

If im stuck with it Im stuck with it I guess but I hope Im not :( I might wait to see if I get my pin in return before sending the grape soda pin back as Id much rather have the damaged pin rather than sending it back and having no pins...

I don't think that would be appropriate. Just wait until the person has received your pin and then you can return them on the same time. You wouldn't like that is someone did it to you, so you shouldn't do it to them.

You might just be hearing their frustration to have to mail it all back. They might have been just as excited to receive the pin you traded as you were to receive the Up pin in the beginning. Although it does come off a bit harsh in the wording, at least they are doing the right thing in sending it back. If you are worried about getting the pin you could always try using a mediator. In the past PinPics has offered this as a alternative. You saying you want to wait until you get your pin back can come off poorly as well. When a trade goes bad neither person is happy. JMO, and trust me, I could show you emails of a trade that went VERY ugly as the person I traded with said they could not return my pin as they had traded it already and the pin they sent me was a counterfeit pin. I ended up keeping the bad pin and printing out the emails to show people it was so ugly! I also sent copies to several of my pin trading friends. In your case since the UP pin is your main collection I would probably keep the pin but still try to get one that was perfect. I would rather have one even if it isn't perfect than not have it at all, JMO.

Last edited:
I can see where everyone is coming from so thankyou for your input its very much appreciated as you all have been so helpful :)

Ok what I said came out wrong :S Im not the sort of person to do that sort of thing it was just me thinking out loud to you guys here.to see it that was one way to go (obv not lol) Ive never had this happen to me before so its all a tad upsetting as was quite literally jumping for joy when I saw the Yes I will trade email XD

will keep everyone posted on the situation. just really wish it didnt have to come to this though :(

Here is the way I see it.
Technically I like to think we are all friends and that in every trade, each party needs to be happy.
I will point out a few things and want to know if you all agree.

If I am trading with someone for the first time and sending a pin with a greater value than say $45.00, I will always insure it and also use Delivery Confirmation. When they say if and when it arives, that does sound like frustration but it could also be a sut-up to say it never got there.

Once I have established a relationship with someone and trust has been built, I no longer use Delivery Confirmation but if I am sending more than $100.00 of pins at a time, I do insure it. Insurance also covers Damage. A Lot of people do not know this.

I agree it is terrible when you are told something is in mint condition and then they blame the mail. I received 10 pins and 7 of them had horribly bent backs. Thepackaging was not damaged at all and even if you put the package in a paint shaker, it would not have caused this damage. They denied it and said they sent them in perfect condition.

Referrels are inportant but this is why I like the new DPF feedback. I have had people send pins the same day, bad news is no bubble wrap, 5 pins in the same bag touching and scratching and people should know this.

If they choose not to send it back, unfortunately it becomes a learning experience but please, for the few extra dollars, do isure such pins and use DC for your protection. I did learn something from the post office. When you insure a pacgage, while you CA NOT TRACK IT, the post office sure does. If you were to say it did not arrive and you want to collect, they will confirm delivery. It is a way to save $.85

On a closing note, I had the same thing happen with a nice pin $75.00 value and what I did to get my pin back was to cover their postage back to me and the original postage too by including a money order for $2.56 with their pins when I returned them so they were not out the money. It was totally worth it to me.

Good Luck

Danny is in Ireland, so that is why I know he didn't use Delivery Confirmation- it is not an option for him unless he pays for Priority Mail International, and that could get pretty expensive.

Good luck! did you ask to see photos prior to the trade? how was the pin packaged when it arrived to your door?

I agree with you on some points there Dan, but for me being in ireland the postage cost to track/insure just 1 pin almost triples the price for postage and the tracking system for Ireland is terrible and doesnt seem to be updated once it leaves Ireland as I send recording packages but when I do I can track it to Dublin then it just vanished and doesnt get updated from then on which is silly.

I just got a message back and I dont think I offended the trader as was told they will see if they come across anothe Grape soda pin when they are at WDW on the 30th October and if not then we will send back the agreed pins.

Least we were able to compromise and work something out.

it was in jiffy bag (bubble envelope) and was on backer card wrapped in bubble-wrap. and from the looks of the package it didnt have no bumps etc to show outside damage.

And no didnt ask to see photos prior to the trade :S I never expect to recieve a damaged pin...guess there is a first time for everything :p

If all else fails, file a complaint with the Post Office for Mail Fraud. They take it very seriously and you have the damaged item and your trail of correspondence. This happened to me on another matter and the PO wrote them a letter and WOW did they fix the situation quickly. And when you send your pins - always use delivery confirmation unless you know the person very well.

Hey everyone,

I thought I would update you on this,

I got an email this morning and was told the trader had found another one while they were at WDW so they are sending me out the pin and Im returning the damaged one to the trader.

I just hope the new one is in better condition XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back