• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hi all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dan. How do you do, it's good to see you, and I would also like to welcome you to the forum along with everybody else. If you ever have any specific questions about pins I can try to help you out. Just give me a shout. Like I think other members have already said the one big trick to Disney Pin trading is probably trying to get your collection identified and narrowed down as soon as you can. Specific movies, characters, holidays, LE's, rides/attractions, patriotic themes, or anything else really. Disney makes so much awesome stuff that it is really hard to pick and choose. Just find something that is really special and dear to you and go from there. It is also fine to refresh yourself every once in a while by beginning a new collection, just to change things up for a while. I now you already mentioned Sorcerer Mickey and Nemo so that would be a great place to start. But the problem that a lot of pin traders get caught up in is the desire of wanting everything. While it is good to collect a little bit of everything, some people end up going crazy because they try to collect everything of everything and like you already mentioned a person would end up going broke doing that. Also collecting sets can be very tricky and expensive at times, but they are also some of the funnest things to collect. Once again welcome to DPF and I wish you the best with your collection and future trades.
Talk to you later Dan.

Thanks so much for the advice splash! I have narrowed to Nemo/cars/sorcerer Mickey/ and the main one pirates of carribbean.... (few odds and ends ones here and there, like 2012 ones, favorite rides, and some of the sports teams ones)

The few I ordered and my trading book are supposed to be here on the 1st..... Can't wait that long!!!!

A few tips we learned from early mistakes in collecting...

1. Avoid pins that may reference a specific holiday or year

2. Avoid pins that have too much wording on them

3. Not all LE's will go up in value... most drop...

4. Avoid buying pin lots or pins in general from EBay till you are more aware of telling scrappers from true authentic ones, EBay is full of fakes...

5. DPF Members are the best source for aquiring authentic harder to find pins, so check their traders often... This will also let you find more pins you did not know of.

6. Go to a trading event if you can and look at other peoples collections who collect what you like. This helps you see what many of the pins look like in person... Many pins are more impressive in person than in a picture and vice versa.

7. Most important thing is to keep it fun... dont make it a financial thing, that ruins the fun in it after a while...

Hmmmm... there are my top 7 tips... thats all I could think of... right now... I will come up with 3 more later...

PM me if you ever have questions

Good Luck and Happy Trading...

I might be getting my first Grails!

Working out a deal for the d23 set where its the old character on the left of a d23 sign and the new version on the right.

Ill update if I get it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back