• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How deep are your pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How deep are your pockets?
It was indeed $14000.01. Whoever wins this is going to have to enjoy it?

Well I'm going to be there again at the event to see what's the update on this bad boy. From the beginning of the event yesterday, it started from $1,400 to $14,000 -,-"

really? again I don't get it. Pins are great and little works of art that take a giant machine in China and pennies to make and paint. Fronzen is a nice movie, not one of the top animated feature films in my opinion. So here is this "set" and its nicely done but it is a freakin booster set with 2 OE pins and some PTNs that cost $15?? and people are bidding over $2000???!!! um that's your kids first car people....perspective. Oh I get sooo mad LOL now the LK set that's for auction MEYOW! ok I need more coffee, a ***** witchy this morning.

really? again I don't get it. Pins are great and little works of art that take a giant machine in China and pennies to make and paint. Fronzen is a nice movie, not one of the top animated feature films in my opinion. So here is this "set" and its nicely done but it is a freakin booster set with 2 OE pins and some PTNs that cost $15?? and people are bidding over $2000???!!! um that's your kids first car people....perspective. Oh I get sooo mad LOL now the LK set that's for auction MEYOW! ok I need more coffee, a ***** witchy this morning.

Can I get an Amen? Took the words out of my mouth. :)

While I do think people have a right to spend their own money in however way they choose, and life is short & you should be happy, etc., I can't help but wonder what will happen if/when Disney pins become a thing of the past and people stop caring about them, and they become generally worthless? Maybe it wont ever happen, but I do wonder these things.

How sad would it be if they meant to write $1400.01 to just beat the already existing bid....

Okay, I'm in love with Frozen and just the thought of paying that made me shake my head. I mean, to each their own, but...

Wow, what if the bidder refuses to pay?

It looks like the bid sheets had numbers so I'd guess that Disney has the credit card information for all bidders? I know at the Tiki Event last year, we put our names and phone numbers on the silent auction items

Sorry if I missed this info, but is the lot/auction for charity? If so I can understand 14k. I know it is not uncommon for large charity functions to charge 20k admission ticket price just for going when they are raising money, and people who make serious money go and buy things for way over cost just to help the cause. If this auction lot is not for charity, then while I will not judge someone for their spending habits, I simply do not understand the draw of the piece for that kind of money.

Nope, these are the annual Disney event auctions and the lots always go for "lots". :) They are usually comprised of Artist Proof (AP) and Pre-Production Prototype (PP) pins, some of which are different/variants from the final release versions making them one of a kind items. Some lots also may contain previously designed but never released pins. The lots have traditionally sold for high amounts.

He ended up withdrawing his bid...I overheard someone in line who claimed to know him say that he bid the $14,000 in the first place because he was angry that the previous bids jumped from from ~$2000--->$9000 and was making a statement or something? In any event, it sold to someone else for $9000. I am surprised Disney let him cancel his bid.

9K I still about 8.5K over what they should have sold for. Cest la vie, a fool and his money are soon parted lol ;)

He ended up withdrawing his bid...I overheard someone in line who claimed to know him say that he bid the $14,000 in the first place because he was angry that the previous bids jumped from from ~$2000--->$9000 and was making a statement or something? In any event, it sold to someone else for $9000. I am surprised Disney let him cancel his bid.

I wish he couldn't withdraw his bid...he should have to eat it.....I think I saw his name on several of the bid lists. Stupid is as stupid does....perfect example!

It was in the Silent Auction guidelines. Something along the lines of buyer can't pay or can't verify their payment, it goes to the next highest bidder. Either way, I was not surprised when his name wasn't called.

In the paperwork you had to sign to bid, your bid is a binding agreement. Artificially raising the prices like he did tainted the auctions. His bid should have been honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back