• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How Did This Even Happen!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Did This Even Happen!?

lunarbasket

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
So when I first started my "wants" list here, I only had a handful of Chip and Dale and Tangled pins listed. That was it - they were the only pins I wanted. I even promised my family/boyfriend I wasn't going to go crazy.

I clicked on my list today - where did all those Aladdin pins come from? Alice? Percy the pug pins? Is that Stitch???

But I don't collect those... what's going on here? :lol:

Anyone else find this forum as an enabler? The more I see, the more I want! :p

hahha story of my life ! XD i have been going through the past couple of days and wondering why all these completely random pins were on my wantlist LOL. Definitely enables us. xD I need to scale back on wantlist, but at the same time, the more you add to your wantlist the more likely you will be matched for trades. its a never ending cycle.... but i love it just the same!

:rolleyes: Several times over the past few days have I trotted off to pinpics muttering curses at finding another pin that someone displayed on the forums that ABSOLUTELY HAS TO be on my wants list. . . *shakes fist rabbling*:soapbox: lol :lol:

:p

I never thought pin trading/collecting could be so addicting :) every time someone posts about a pin they received, I have to remind myself that I don't collect it LOL

Ok! The word is out! There are a few of us out here who have your pinpics user name and passwords. Not me, of course, but they have been randomly and indiscriminately adding to your lists to encourage rampant enabling trading. Remember contrary to what we publicly espouse - YOU DO NEED EVERY PIN! Please forgive us for our bad behavior (not me, of course, remember I had nothing to do with this!) we'll try to keep our fingers out of it in the future -- HA - NOT! :rofl:

Ok! The word is out! There are a few of us out here who have your pinpics user name and passwords. Not me, of course, but they have been randomly and indiscriminately adding to your lists to encourage rampant enabling trading. Remember contrary to what we publicly espouse - YOU DO NEED EVERY PIN! Please forgive us for our bad behavior (not me, of course, remember I had nothing to do with this!) we'll try to keep our fingers out of it in the future -- HA - NOT! :rofl:

LOL! :lol: It all makes sense now!

that is hilarious.yes pins are very addicting,my family jokes that im like a drug dealer turning people on to trading nowalmost everyone in my family who has an annual pass trades.

Meh, who needs themes?!

If the pin looks cool, I want it. If the pin is ugly, I don't want it! I try and maintain the # on my wants list to 300, and I find setting a number to stick around is good for not letting the list get out of control.

Nothing wrong with that but it will run more money though

I know you collect Princess and the Frog so I will use that as my example. Say a PatF pin comes out, you don't really like it- but it's your "theme" so you get it anyway. Isn't that wasting money?

And I don't buy my pins- I just trade for pins I like and hope I can find the pins I really want someday. Most of my trades today involve pins I pick out on other people's lists that I simply like the look of, pretty simple.

I think my ghosts get on my computer at night and add pins to my wants list lol I swear they do

Sometimes I find pins that I don't even want to collect mysteriously added to my wants. Those pins scare me the most, because it's like the system randomly hiccups and adds random pins i've never even seen before that I have to go back and delete.

When I got back into online trading, I cut my list down to just basically the stuff to complete sets. I got it down to about 325. Despite, getting several of those pins my list is now at 360 and climbing. I really want to keep that list small, so my trade requests will be focused. But I do want to keep track of what pins I actually want besides those. So I set up a 2nd Pinpics account to list all my wants. 3000 and counting. And that's basically just DL, Alice, and Figment pins. I haven't finished adding my other collections.

There are good things and bad things about keeping your collection focused. Less pins to find, so theoretically cheaper, less space to display. But I've seen several posts by people here who collect one or two things, and they seem a little frustrated because they've reached a point of having everything except the VHTF stuff. So there isn't much trade action going on. I collect a bazillion things, so at least I never have to worry about running out of potential trades. :lol: Just money!

Pins and themes-that is how it started. Paula wanted Disney store pins, then Beauty and the Beast, wait now Dumbo, hey Animal Kingdom and let's add Patriotic pins, Donald and some Daisy, but what about Ariel and now I want Flower and Garden too. As for me, the sane one-it's Figaro and Si and Am (that's it)! I guess I am the enabler, drats! But hey, it makes her happy and so I am happy >^..^<

Disneyland in 2011

Sometimes I find pins that I don't even want to collect mysteriously added to my wants. Those pins scare me the most, because it's like the system randomly hiccups and adds random pins i've never even seen before that I have to go back and delete.

I used to notice this also, and finally figured it out!! You have to be careful of the links you click on while on the forums, or in chat, because if someone posts a link with "taw" "tat" or "tao" on the end of it, it will add it to your wants, trades, or owns respectively.

Beware before you click!! :)

-Grim

So, I originally started out with advice form a wonderful cast member "Choose a theme, and STICK with it, otherwise you will be over whelmed"
I listened. . . at first. LOL

I started with Peter Pan, just Peter not Tink, and Briar rose, no Aurora!
And then I saw PinPics and all the beautiful Princess pins available. D:

So, I now have over 1,000 wants.

I used to notice this also, and finally figured it out!! You have to be careful of the links you click on while on the forums, or in chat, because if someone posts a link with "taw" "tat" or "tao" on the end of it, it will add it to your wants, trades, or owns respectively.

Beware before you click!! :)

-Grim

I am so glad i'm not going crazy! I knew I wasn't adding those pins :lol: Thanks!

............................I've seen several posts by people here who collect one or two things, and they seem a little frustrated because they've reached a point of having everything except the VHTF stuff. ..........isn't much trade action going on. I collect a bazillion things, so at least I never have to worry about running out of potential trades.

This.

I'm lucky at this point if I can add one of those hard to find pins to my collection once or twice a year! But while there are plenty of other pins I really like, there's nothing I want to collect besides my lifelong Wonderland collection. :)

Trading can come down to a couple of desired end results: Trading just for the sake of the trading experience OR Trading for the sake of building your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back