• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you find unauthorized pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you find unauthorized pins?

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
While there was a stigma attached to this subject over at Dizpins, and maybe on some other pin forums *cough*cough*nudge*nudge*, I'm glad we can discuss it here. There are some pretty spiffy unauthorized pins listed on pinpics, and i was wondering how (if at all) one could add these to their collection? Pinpics blocks any kind of trade for these pins, and they don't come up on eBay that often (and when they do, the sellers try to pass them off as legit pins, so I feel bad buying them from someone who happily tries to sell fake pins as real pins. Slippery slope anyone?). Other than asking here on DPF (Looks like Tbird isn't having much luck finding one! Maybe you can help? http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?673-Help!!!-please!!-begging!!! ) can you think of any other way of finding these pins? It would be nice if we knew who created the pins, maybe had them listed on PinPics (of course, doing so would open up a whole can of worms, so lets not and say we did). I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. One pin I'd like to add to my collection is the Pin shark repellent. Any ideas?

I'm almost tempted to start a Holy Grail list for unauthorized pins!

- Alex

Hi
YES I see Tony still has no luck,I tried Ebay and Yahoo auctions as well..I was lucky enough to snag 2 more Shark Repellant pins from the actual creator of them.I might be putting one up for trade

Judy

I would love to find a way to showcase mine and maybe add to my collection with a collection... I have the trading bag
pin69713
and I have a couple of my favorite pins and my unauthorized pins showing in the window. I just adore my shark repellant pin! And whenever I see the pin that you designed & gave to me, Judy, I think of you and the great trades we've made!

Hi Annette
I have that same pinbag..and thank you about my pin Larry and I actually created
I thought the manufactors did a good job on it too..Judy

I also agree that I wish there was a place to list Fantasy Pins for trade. Some of them are very interesting and I would like to have them just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back