• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to acquire designer couple pins??

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to acquire designer couple pins??

linz_pinz

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Howdy friends! For those of you that have them, how did you get your designer couple pins??? I'd die to get my hands on Snow White, and would probably trade just about all of my non-snow white collection just to get one, so how did you do it??? I mean, I know I could drop some serious dough and buy one, but, well, a minimum wage job just doesn't support that hahaha.

The designer couple pins were sold as a box set at the D23 Expo last August, they were limited edition of 250 and they're long gone. You can still acquire through other means like trading and buying! Hope this helps :)

The designer couple pins were sold as a box set at the D23 Expo last August, they were limited edition of 250 and they're long gone. You can still acquire through other means like trading and buying! Hope this helps :)

Haha, yeah I knew that they came from this and that they were sold as a set so it surprises me sometimes to see that people will have just one or two of them (I'd assume you'd want to keep them all together). Mostly I wonder how people who do have just one or two got them-- did they make a spectacualar trade? Buy them? Trade their voice to a sea witch?? hahah, very curious.

I think a lot of people bought sets and broke them up. there were trade auctions going for them here at one point

Good luck finding Snow White! It's so hard to find these to trade, or even buy, they're so popular. I only have one designer pin and it's not even a couple lol.

At the moment, the only direct option is purchase.

Trading is possible but likely to be extremely difficult due to the demand for similar high demand / low availability pins. It can be done but if you can get those other "Grail" level pins, you would likely be better off keeping them, or trading for multiple pins that are more readily available on your wants list.

When they originally were released, several people would team up and do a co-op. Each person would contribute to buy one of the pins from the person who was willing/able to obtain the set. I know that at D23-III, the big pin set was already sold out by the time many of us from out of town got on the plane at 6:00am or even set foot inside the convention center due to the line of locals at the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back