• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How to know if an eBay seller sells authentic Disney pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to know if an eBay seller sells authentic Disney pins

imatronaholic

Daft Punk Rocks
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Is there a list of eBay sellers to steer clear of? I have definitely "won" some great Disney pins on eBay, and then I have also "won" some real bad ones. I am definitely learning a lot about pin trading and I would like to limit my losses.

I know about sellers from China, and about pin lots, and the concept of "if it's too good to be true, it usually is".

It would just be nice to have a go to list of the really good and really bad eBay sellers. Sometimes I will pay a pretty penny or two for a pin and sometimes I just want a low priced pin. But I always want a real authentic pin. :confused:

Maybe there's another forum that has this information. PM me if you know.

Last edited:
Well you know about the lots and the sellers from China,another type to avoid is any that have more than 1neg saying scrapper pins,especially if they seem to have lots of low LEs in seemingly unending quantity (look thru their feedback to see if any rare pin shows up often)

I don't think there will ever be one here since we're not supposed to mention seller names or post links to auctions

Also gotta toss in the scammers who never send or send empty boxes...those are tough,ebay removed the negative I left on someones account due to them saying they had proof of delivery *rage face*

Also gotta toss in the scammers who never send or send empty boxes...those are tough,ebay removed the negative I left on someones account due to them saying they had proof of delivery *rage face*

Wow. I got an empty package one time. I went round and round with the seller. I was just really glad that the pin was not one of my more expensive "wins". He made me feel like I was making the whole thing up.

Wow. I got an empty package one time. I went round and round with the seller. I was just really glad that the pin was not one of my more expensive "wins". He made me feel like I was making the whole thing up.
exactly! And paypal is firm in their stance that if the delivery confirmation shows delivered it's case closed :(

Blimey never experienced the empty box scam but that really sucks!!!

Thanks for the heads up!! :)
Yeah it's pure bull,and ebay & paypal are both kinda rough to deal with,to them a delivery confiration is good enough :( It did teach me to film the sealed package and opening of said package for any high-end items

exactly! And paypal is firm in their stance that if the delivery confirmation shows delivered it's case closed :(

Actually, that works both ways. Just file a claim with PayPal saying the item was damaged, or 'not in advertised condition'. Send them BACK the empty box with full tracking. Once the tracking confirms it was delivered, PayPal will remove the money from the sellers acct and give it back to you.

There's NOTHING a seller can do to stop this process. All purchases made through PayPal are returnable and refundable regardless of what the seller may say in their eBay listing. As a seller, this happened to me once: I shipped an item to someone, and they filed a claim and sent me an empty box. PayPal refused to stop the process, as soon as delivery was confirmed, the buyer had his money back (and still had my item). (I went after PayPal pretty persistently, and they eventually refunded the money back to me, but not from the buyers acct, PayPal just ate the loss to keep a customer happy. Probably an exception to the rule...)

Actually, that works both ways. Just file a claim with PayPal saying the item was damaged, or 'not in advertised condition'. Send them BACK the empty box with full tracking. Once the tracking confirms it was delivered, PayPal will remove the money from the sellers acct and give it back to you.

There's NOTHING a seller can do to stop this process. All purchases made through PayPal are returnable and refundable regardless of what the seller may say in their eBay listing. As a seller, this happened to me once: I shipped an item to someone, and they filed a claim and sent me an empty box. PayPal refused to stop the process, as soon as delivery was confirmed, the buyer had his money back (and still had my item). (I went after PayPal pretty persistently, and they eventually refunded the money back to me, but not from the buyers acct, PayPal just ate the loss to keep a customer happy. Probably an exception to the rule...)

Only thing is,if the seller is smart enough to document the empty package,you'd be nailed for fraud

Wow you're lucky they ate the loss for you! :D We've had bad luck with paypal everytime,even when using those greendot money packs (they froze funds I sent to a seller,negated my account and refused to release the sellers funds until I fixed my accounts negative balance,saying my account was suspicious,and somehow violated the TOU,even though I had the receipts for the greendot cards.The hit-below-the-belt was they initiated an item not received claim about an hour after I sent the funds,pissing the seller off bad)

Hope this thread is not scaring the OP away from ebay! I've bought many pins and never gotten an empty box.

But as far as good sellers, many DPF members sell pins on ebay and I bet this thread is getting you a lot of PMs with their names!

Hope this thread is not scaring the OP away from ebay! I've bought many pins and never gotten an empty box.

But as far as good sellers, many DPF members sell pins on ebay and I bet this thread is getting you a lot of PMs with their names!
Hopefully not,but it should help them to better protect themselves :)

I wish it was that easy as I sold a few disney playsets in January and a person won 5 and she paid by echeque through paypal and I had to wait for that to clear, once it did I sent the items...3 weeks later buyer said they not turned up..I sent refund to an alternate paypal as the one she paid with coulnd recieve money at that time...all happy..

I then got a claim filed on March 10th saying they want a refund and thats from the buyers bank, I rang paypal and they told me that the person actually never sent paypal any money when the echeque cleared...and I have proof of postage and over 2 weeks later the case is still open...

eugh

I wish it was that easy as I sold a few disney playsets in January and a person won 5 and she paid by echeque through paypal and I had to wait for that to clear, once it did I sent the items...3 weeks later buyer said they not turned up..I sent refund to an alternate paypal as the one she paid with coulnd recieve money at that time...all happy..

I then got a claim filed on March 10th saying they want a refund and thats from the buyers bank, I rang paypal and they told me that the person actually never sent paypal any money when the echeque cleared...and I have proof of postage and over 2 weeks later the case is still open...

eugh
Wait,once the e-check clears that means the money has cleared and been removed from the senders bank account.Paypal would've given you a notice the check bounced if they couldn't get the funds.Odd that they would tell you they never received funds after the e-check cleared O_O

also,when you refund a payment,it doesn't matter if the sender can receive payments or not,since it's not a payment sent but a refund.That buyer is definitely trying to cheat you :( Did you try to click the refund payment option,or did they message you and ask to send a refund to the alt email?

Wow! Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I have learned more about pin trading and buying.

If you are a DPF member and sell on eBay, send me a PM.

I'm going to DLR today - it will be nice to actually see all the pins in real life.

I couldnt afford full refund so split it over two weeks, I tried to send the refund to the email they used to pay me and it said they couldnt recieve money at that time for some unknown reason..so had to send it to the alt email they provided...I have definatley been cheated out of money and I find it so hard to believe that paypal is coming after me for the money when I proof of postage and sent a refund and then be in negative balance...

I guess when the echeque was sent the person might of had the money in their bank account since it was sent through their bank and must of withdrew it before the cheque cleared on my end as its the buyers bank which is looking for the money from paypal so my account is basically frozen as cant buy a thing till the claim is sorted as I cant afford to just add money to get me above £0.00...

there is a list of good/bad ebay sellers on another message board just send me a pm and I'll send you the link

I couldnt afford full refund so split it over two weeks, I tried to send the refund to the email they used to pay me and it said they couldnt recieve money at that time for some unknown reason..so had to send it to the alt email they provided...I have definatley been cheated out of money and I find it so hard to believe that paypal is coming after me for the money when I proof of postage and sent a refund and then be in negative balance...

I guess when the echeque was sent the person might of had the money in their bank account since it was sent through their bank and must of withdrew it before the cheque cleared on my end as its the buyers bank which is looking for the money from paypal so my account is basically frozen as cant buy a thing till the claim is sorted as I cant afford to just add money to get me above £0.00...
If they couldn't receive the money then they probably didn't lift their monthly limits or had their account frozen/under investigation at the time

Have you tried speaking with the bank itself and explaining the situation?

If they couldn't receive the money then they probably didn't lift their monthly limits or had their account frozen/under investigation at the time

Have you tried speaking with the bank itself and explaining the situation?

I dont know there bank, just got off the phone with paypal was told should be a few days more for a decision to be made, was told I shouldnt have to pay since I sent a refund already (so I was scammed) and that since I have proof of postage then I shouldnt be liable to pay or so Paypal rep says lol

sorry to de-rail the thread, I made a list on another forum will PM it you later today.

there is a list of good/bad ebay sellers on another message board just send me a pm and I'll send you the link

I want others to know that I got the link for the good/bad sellers list. If you want the list, send me a PM - this is especially useful for newbies and amateurs, like myself.

Last edited:
Wow! Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I have learned more about pin trading and buying.

If you are a DPF member and sell on eBay, send me a PM.

I'm going to DLR today - it will be nice to actually see all the pins in real life.

PM me too... im trying to avoid ebay fakes!

When looking through ebay auctions, I generally look at the feedback and see what their feedback is as a BUYER. I have found a LOT of sellers who have purchased the "lots" off of ebay themselves and are reselling them. This has helped me steer clear of auctions that I thought were fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back