• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I feel like the new kid, starting school in the middle of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the new kid, starting school in the middle of the year.

always_enchanted

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi DPF, I'm Jynn. I opened an account about a week ago, but have been just checking things out. Until recently I've really only bought pins, but my financial situation has changed and I can't afford to do so as often and I can't make my 4 times a year park trips, so I did my first online trade and she suggested I check the site out. I had signed up with the pinpics chat sight but there doesn't seem to be much action, so I came here and after creeping around in the shadows for a bit, I thought I'd introduce myself. I even created a signature, however it's not nearly as cool as some of yours.

Like everyone else I'd like to collect the Frozen pins, however not being able to make it to the parks makes it next to impossible, I really miss Disney Auctions and disney.com's LE releases. Guess with those gone, I have to trade online now. The Snow Queen was my very favorite story growing up, I'd even pretend to be her. I know Frozen isn't exactly the same story, but I still love it and am thrilled that Disney took it on. And did I mention I love Idina Menzel? She's the voice of Elsa, she was also Nancy in Enchanted, another one of my faves. I'm just a few pins away from having all of the Enchanted pins, as you can see in my signature I'm still short the Marquee, but with the prices that it's been going for, I doubt I'll ever get it.

Anyway, hi everyone, I hope I can make some good pin friends here and learn to share my pins instead of just hoarding them for myself. ;)

PS I hope my signature works.

Welcome, from a fellow newbie! I think you'll like it here, everyone seems really nice and helpful!

Your signature is working fine for me!

Hello,

Welcome!!! I hope you have as much fun here as I do. The more you are involved the more you will get out of it. Don't be afraid to join in and feel free to ask questions. I have been trading around 14 years now, so if I don't know an answer I probably know somebody who does.

As for your siggy, you might want to spread it out a little and make the pins bigger for us old people. :lol:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. As for my siggy, I thought that it was bigger, at least when I made it it was, but when I applied it, it was so much smaller, used to be able to read what the PODM's said. Back to the drawing board I guess.

PS, not sure who "BOTH" of us refers to, it's just me. :wavey:

OK, after much trying I cannot figure out how to make my signature bigger on this site? Any suggestions? It took me so long to do this one, I'd hate to have to start from scratch.

OK, after much trying I cannot figure out how to make my signature bigger on this site? Any suggestions? It took me so long to do this one, I'd hate to have to start from scratch.

There is a maximum size in place that you cannot exceed. Copied from the settings panel:

"The maximum size of your custom image is 650 by 225 pixels or 125.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

So, you'll probably want to either have fewer pins showing, or you can do what some people do, and make it a slide show-like animation/gif to get them all in there!

So I've tried the gif thing and I can't seem to get it to work. It's still the same tiny size, and it's only half the picture because it's not flipping. Oy, I hate computers.

Hi there and welcome! (Though I am still very new as well.)

I'm pretty good with graphics, so if you upload your original picture to imgur or something similar and post the link to it, I can probably get the sizing/gif animation working if you want.

Thank you, although it seems I'll never catch up considering most of the Brave pins come out at DSF, or whatever they're calling it these days or in Paris and I have no way to get pins in either place, but thank you for the warm welcome.

Thank you, although it seems I'll never catch up considering most of the Brave pins come out at DSF, or whatever they're calling it these days or in Paris and I have no way to get pins in either place, but thank you for the warm welcome.

I totally feel your pain, I'm in the UK so I have no chance of getting DSF or DLRP pins or even DLR or WDW for the matter haha!! There are loads of great people on this forum who help me out and I'm sure they would be willing to help you out too :)

Let me know if anything comes up on the UK website that you're after and I'd be happy to help

-Charlie

Welcome!! I too collect frozen and enchanted! I've been collecting enchanted since the movie came out in '07 and am only missing three pins from japan before I can call myself a completist! I also collect brave, Mulan, tangled, Robin Hood, sword in the stone, treasure planet, Tarzan, and a bunch of others! Hope you have fun here :)

I totally feel your pain, I'm in the UK so I have no chance of getting DSF or DLRP pins or even DLR or WDW for the matter haha!! There are loads of great people on this forum who help me out and I'm sure they would be willing to help you out too :)

Let me know if anything comes up on the UK website that you're after and I'd be happy to help

-Charlie

Thanks so much for the offer! If I'd been a member longer I might have had the courage to ask if someone could help me with the Si Am Marquee, but oh well, if it's meant to be it will come into my life somehow. I also need to finish adding my trades and maybe then I'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back