• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: I'm back with another round of 24 hour auctions...how about a little chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: I'm back with another round of 24 hour auctions...how about a little chaos

disneypirate

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
It's time to sea how much chaos I can create, and since ghosts are the master of chaos I'm starting things off with a little guest from Paris.

For my first 24 hour auction I have:

Pin 19582: Euro Disney Opening Cast Member Pin (Frontierland) http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

This auction will end at 9 p.m. PST on Monday, July 16.

Those that participated in my first set of 24 hours auctions understand I use a pretty complicated formula to determine the winner of each auction. This time around I am going to use that formula to figure the number of points you earn for participating in the auction. While I don't want to give away the formula, I will say that what you bid in the auction is extremely important to no only having a chance to win each individual auction, but also a chance to learn the clues to the mystery pins. The winner of each auction also gets a little bit more help...

I do not care what pins are bid so don't spend too much time looking over my wants list. I have a very small list of wants, and the reason for that is because when you live 793 miles away from Disneyland, it is pretty expensive and difficult to keep up pin trading online. However, if you offer me a pin that I think I might be able to use in the future then it will be considered. There are a few exceptions, and if you put one of these pins in your bid it has really bad consequences in my formula.

Anything with Stitch in it
Hidden Mickey pins
Open edition pins
Pins that have an up-side-down ratio (i.e. it has more people trading than wanting)
Pin trading starter kits

Pins that have favorable results

Pins on my wants list
TRAINS, especially those on my wants list, but no Casey Jr.
Blind boxes of vinylmations (These can be purchased on Disneyshopping.com if needed)
Jessica, Maleficent, Tinkerbell, Ariel, HHG and Haunted Mansion
Some older Disney Auction and Disney Shopping, especially with the characters mentioned above
Current or upcoming WDW, DL, DSF and WDI LE pins
An occasional pirate pin I don't have, but that doesn't happen too often as I have lots and lots of them
Creativity in the bid also helps a bit

Good Luck and Happy Bidding.

Disneypirate

P.S. I have somehow gotten a good start on a puzzle pirate post card collection

Last edited:
I'll give this madness a shot ...
Pin 83316: DLR - Sci-Fi Academy - Star Wars - Empire's Most Wanted - Chewbacca

Last edited:
I bid: Pin 43740: M&P - Alice in Wonderland - Caterpillar

Do we get a leaderboard before the auction is over? And can we add pins to our current bid?

O little ghost! It isn't right
To give nice traders such a fright!
Don't make them want to run and hide,
Just let your conscience be your guide!

Pin 52893: DLR - Jiminy Cricket -Medal

HandA, okay, I guess technically Chewbacca is a Pirate. I just don't think he ever made it to the Caribbean, and I don't ever recall him asking for a bottle of rum. However, bonus points for the creative argument--and it is a pretty cool pin.

Leaderboard going into the final 30 minutes

Lady Dobbins--These World of Color pins are pretty cool
Combatdre--bonus for the train
HandA
Vixy--extra point for creativity
amysweppe
Crashmyparty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back