• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Improving your Disney dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it for 75 pound and not 75 euro? All of the ones for the EU come from one distribution center, and that would make sense but not £75....odd!

I will never understand why some dolls got long lashes and some had short! I have a doll with long lashes.

I'm excited to see your re-root! But I have to ask, why are you making her hair longer and brown? :) I'm just curious to know!

Well, I was put off the doll originally because I didn't like the hair and I still secretly wish in his dying moments Eugene had made a better job of Rapunzel's haircut. Or couldn't she have got a trim for her wedding to neaten the ends?! Anyway, I digress.
In the film it's mentioned that years have passed before they got married and true or not, her hair would have grown a bit right? So I am going to give her longer brown hair to please myself and improve the look of the doll. Her face really needs longer hair to frame it in my opinion. I was going to go with about waist length after discussion with my fellow Tangled fan in the family.
I've probably wittered on a bit now but that's basically why, hope it makes sense!

Well, I was put off the doll originally because I didn't like the hair and I still secretly wish in his dying moments Eugene had made a better job of Rapunzel's haircut. Or couldn't she have got a trim for her wedding to neaten the ends?! Anyway, I digress.
In the film it's mentioned that years have passed before they got married and true or not, her hair would have grown a bit right? So I am going to give her longer brown hair to please myself and improve the look of the doll. Her face really needs longer hair to frame it in my opinion. I was going to go with about waist length after discussion with my fellow Tangled fan in the family.
I've probably wittered on a bit now but that's basically why, hope it makes sense!

That makes sense to me! :D I actually never thought of her hair growing afterwards haha. I assumed that when it was cut, it never grew, because the piece of hair behind her ear that had been cut when she was a baby hadn't grown noticeably. But maybe she kept trimming it to keep it out of the rest of her blonde? xD Who knows?! Either way, I think she will look pretty like how you described, and I'm excited to see the final product!

People return items for all number of reasons, I would have returned mine if I had been sent the long lashed version. Numbers only mean something to those who place value in them - I don't.

I was lucky I had received the short lash version and one that doesn't have really short hair :)

To me Mother Gothel would never have aged so rapidly if she had not grabbed hold of the hair in desperation (after so many years she probably forgot) because when cut the power would be drained also from it's source if held; reversing the healing process, just like a flower withers and dies. I thought it made more sense for Mothel Gothel to cut it, then convince Rapunzel to keep that part short, making Rapunzel promise to never cut her hair no matter how long it grew, only that small piece. I don't think Gothel first cut it that close to her head when she was a baby. The film makes it clear Rapunzel is held back in a number of ways by her long hair.

I must admit I hadn't thought about her hair not growing again when it's been cut but oh well, I'm going to stick with my plan!
I'd love to see her when she has her new hair - are you using Saran?
I found someone reroot the same doll (Wedding doll wearing Singing dress) with blonde
7865462018_2812090f2d.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40157421@N02/7865462018/
So don't feel held back if it's what you want to do!

Last edited:
Okay we'll I spent about 4 or 5 hours this evening on the re root and it's coming along nicely! I won't have the facilities to post photos till tomorrow but I am going to take one now since she'll probably be less bald when I go to upload photos.

Most dolls that have real eyelashes are put in by hand and sometimes when you glue the inside of the eyes for the lashes to stay the lashes 'fall in' the head a bit and look shorter.

Well the lashes are still quite long but they don't have that pleasing long sweeping point like some of the designer princesses had and look a bit to squarely trimmed to be natural looking. I can live with it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back