• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is it just me or do true pin purchase limits help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or do true pin purchase limits help?
In all fairness, WDI and Cast Member exclusives are meant to help keep Cast Members interested in this hobby, since they are probably over exposed to it than most people. By making exclusives they should be the only ones to have access to, it keeps them interested in not only the hobby, but trading for non CM items.

Hmmmmm I like the idea of limits however .............. I think we should get two per person. I usually keep one and then trade one its not for profit its so I can get some Limited Editions Im looking for and it really is a pain to have to order then go back and place another order

I don't think anyone is saying that there shouldn't be CM exclusive pins or that they shouldn't be able to buy them to trade. They are saying that it is irritating to see them up on ebay for $22 when they retail for $8.95 because whoever listed it clearly isn't interested in trading, they are interested in the profit.

Last edited:
Thanks for fielding that, Erica.

In no way, shape, or form did I object to CM exclusives. I am saying that it is a little maddening for them to buy pins at $8.95 and then put them on eBay right away at 250% of the cost. Just because pins are not available to everyone doesn't make it alright to take advantage. Again, I am NOT stating that a small profit margin isn't necessary, by all means sell them at $15 or $16- that I would be HAPPY to pay.

DS.com pins are released at the same time each week(with some exceptions) and everyone can take a crack at them if they so choose.

I like that there are limits on the DS pins, for many of the reasons you've all stated above.

There's another interesting side effect of the limits: they create more frenzy. People pass rumors trying to predict when a hotly anticipated set will go on sale. They make plans to get up on specific nights for weeks just in case that's the night. They practice quick buying strategies to place several rapid back-to-back orders. The frenzy is good for Disney sales, of course, and it also seems to be an enjoyable (if exhausting) state for the buyers.

Me, though, I gotta sleep, so I just ended up buying the pins at inflated prices when the original buyers resold them. :)

I think I mentioned this prior or another post. It would be nice for WDI to get this less expensive pins and trade up. Not for cast members to add to a bank account. If they need money that bad, maybe get promoted or get a better paying job. If I did this within my company I would be fired. It's called theft to some degree. Pins are for trading but do gain value and then bought and sold. Not received and set a price by cast members. If you noticed the same cast members sell these pins at may talk to eachother because they all set the price within pennies. Almost a 200-300% markup. And a side note, if I were a cast member and could and allowed to get away with this - I would.

It is not just WDI pins.It is DSF pins or any pin that is limited in its release by numbers or location. People who have access will always try to profit. It is a sad situation but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back