• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I've Been Sucked In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Been Sucked In

benofthejamin

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title says, I have indeed started expanding on what I want to collect. There are many things out there that I want to collect and I just don't know where to start. Presently, along with Tron, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea has caught my interest (and quite possibly The Great Movie Ride too). Just finished reading the book and watching the movie (funny how that works), and now coincidentally I just got my first set of related pins yesterday...
Did anything similar to this happen to any of you guys?

I just had this crisis a few days ago :lol:

I started collecting only Chip and Dale. Then I added Tangled. Now i've decided I need Aladdin pins. Yes, need LOL.

Nope. Absolutely not. Didn't happen to me.

(Some of the above statement may not be true. You decide which part! :lol:)

Sucker!!! lolol No really, welcome!!!!

Enjoy being with the rest of us people who also were suckered in at one point! :)

pins Pins PIns PINs PINS

Hi and welcome to the pinsane world of collecting and trading!

:wavey:That's a good way to put it...

I started collecting USA Patriotic Mickey pins years ago. I have separate lanyards with different themes. When I wear my lanyard with the Patriotic Mickey pins, I always get great comments from other DLR visitors. I have a Donald collection - prefer happy Donald - but you know Donald... Then I started collecting Haunted Mansion pins - love the Doom Buggy pins and the Oogie Boogies. ...various random Disney pins... Pins from a trip to WDW and the Disney Cruise... And, of course, I have a nice TRON pin collection - they are sooooo coooool.

I started out collecting maleficents and sleeping beauty then it became haunted mansion then any characcter as a witch then I saw the jumbos and now I have everything under the sun lol its madness

A great big "Pin Pal" welcome to the wonderful world of pin trading!

My daughter started collecting Ariel, then she decided that Pluto was "really cute" so she also collects Pluto (by himself or with his girlfriends/puppies); then anything Up related (of course after we missed getting the first wave of DSF pins); then after Princess & the Frog came out she just "had" to have anything Tiana; and last, (but I'm sure it won't be) least -- she also enjoys Rapunzel!! Those are her "main" collections -- that doesn't count the side collections of Hidden Mickey's, mystery pins, princess series pins, a splash of Dumbo, Tink . . . . . .CAN SOMEBODY HELP STOP THE MADNESS!!

Slowly, its like i want to start vinylmations collecting but they are soo expensive to collect for me! I only want the characters from Aladdin and Hunchback of Notre Dame, LOL. I just LOVE the idea of a mystery box and opening it feels like X-mas!LOL

well i will let u be the judge but i have been collection since last october and i am collecting 5 different sets ha ha ha

ya i started out collecting only sally from NBC, then sally with jack (looking like a couple), then i started collecting certain masterpieces. now im on to haunted mansion (specifically the portraits), certain alice pins, the attraction posters, and jessica as audrey hepburn. so i have strayed VERY far and i still have so many sally's i want. its looking more and more expensive EVERY day!

Hi, Ben! Yes, yours is a common tale around these parts. :)

Take heart: at least TRON and 20,000 Leagues aren't collections in which there are hundreds of pins.

Welcome to the club! Debby and I have been collecting pins for a little over a year and currently have over 3,000 on our owns lists. We keep meaning to get things under control, but continue to find "just one more" that we must have. Disney needs to come out with a pin that says "We are spending our children's inheritance!". Of course we would have to have that one as well!!! :hs:

OMG yes! LOL

I started out with the mind set, I will ONLY collect Briar Rose and Peter Pan!

The lasted about a year, pretty damn good I'd say! Now I collect, Aurora, Ariel, Rapunzel/Tangled, Belle, Jasmine, Characters in costumes, Aristocats, Bolt, Mulan, and Hercules. D: Jebus!

Welcome! My name is Sandy and I'm a pin addict... Well, it's true. At first I collected a few pins I liked and Anniversary pins. Then I wanted to extend it to all Figments and Haunted Mansion so I gave up most of the Anniversary's and only kept WDW Anniversary. I've been around and around and collect a few small things and a few big collections but I've given up things since 1999.

Welcome to the club! We've all had moments of weakness, but know you are not alone. What really kills us is when our main collection is part of a surprise bag series that not every collector may want to purchase. And they have chasers! In two versions!! In each park!!!

Wow haha I guess I only have a mild case so far! I'm actually pretty glad I don't live within close proximity to a Disney park, I have a bad feeling it would become more of a second home! I'm really glad that I ended up taking interest in smaller quantity themes, I'm pretty sure if I tried to collect anything with a larger scope I'd go, to quote Nursek8, "pinsane"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back