• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Limited Edition Pocahontus Doll: 17''*rumor could it be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Edition Pocahontus Doll: 17''*rumor could it be true

Quinndeanna

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
there is a rumor about Limited Edition Pocahontus Doll: 17" on about maybe it will be a surprise release with the blue ray dvd of Pocahontus on August 21 in stores.
so there may not be any warning of her, but then again they could just wait to release her next year. I know that they have been releasing the LE dolls when the blue ray special editions have been released, so if they continue to follow suit, it would make sense that Pocahontus be available with the Blue ray.
So I'm new. Just like to know if this could be true. Thanks.

I guess being a Disney movie club member means that I get my movies sooner? I received Pocahontas in July.

Pre-Order for Cinderella has already started and she is not due out til Oct 2nd. I am hoping that Pocahontas is a surpirse addition but I am not going to hold my breath.

Also the Designer Villians come out that week and I don't know if they will have two dolls going at once.

I dont see why not.They did the same with Alice,she was released at nearly the same time as the Designer Princesses,and she was a suprise release.I continue to hope Pocahontas gets revealed at the same time as the DVD,only without that crazy Limited Edition 500 set Alice had.

The Blu Ray has already been released here in Mexico. I really hope Pocahontas gets her 17" doll, because she, along with Mulan, are catalogued as the Unpopular Princess. The perfect example is that when Disney released the Disney Park dolls, they completely skipped both Mulan and Pocahontas. If Pocahontas does gets a doll, I really don't know it I'll get her, but I'm sure a lot of people will. And if a doll of her doesn't get released, Mulan will suffer the same fate most likely, and I really don't want that to happen, since the 17" Mulan doll is the one I'm looking forward the most to buy (when released).

Hi. About the
Pocahontus. There is no doll. The movie that is coming out. Is only going to Walmart and target. It's not a Disney store thing. :mad:(

just call Disney store. Well next year..

Hi. About the
Pocahontus. There is no doll. The movie that is coming out. Is only going to Walmart and target. It's not a Disney store thing. :mad:(

just call Disney store. Well next year..

I still think there's a slight chance we might get Pocahontas,Alice was released unexpectedly, she wasn't available in any Disney Stores to my knowledge and only online,she was even released quite a while after her special un-anniversary edition DVD was out.I still have high hopes for Pocahontas,otherwise Disney will be receiving lots of upset emails/feedback from a lot of fans/guests.

I really do hope that they do a Pocahontas doll, she's such an under appreciated Princess. I don't mind when they release her, even if it is next year, just that they do eventually.

If they do a surprise release, how do people find out? Will there be any emails if you are signed up for them? Or do you just have to be "on the ball" checking regularly?

Unfortunately,
The Pocahontas doll was a rumor and from what I've heard from several sources there will not be one released this year. However, there was quite a bit of negative feedback given to Disney about Pocahontas being left out the 17" LE Doll Line. So who knows...maybe we will see her early next year or at the beginning of next fall's season. It usually takes about 6-8 months to create the design and an additional 6-12 months for production. HOWEVER, please note that there are a few unannounced Disney LE dolls to be released. I happen to know which dolls, but I am not at liberty to disclose this information right now. Keep an eye out and good luck!

Unfortunately,
The Pocahontas doll was a rumor and from what I've heard from several sources there will not be one released this year. However, there was quite a bit of negative feedback given to Disney about Pocahontas being left out the 17" LE Doll Line. So who knows...maybe we will see her early next year or at the beginning of next fall's season. It usually takes about 6-8 months to create the design and an additional 6-12 months for production. HOWEVER, please note that there are a few unannounced Disney LE dolls to be released. I happen to know which dolls, but I am not at liberty to disclose this information right now. Keep an eye out and good luck!

Thanks for letting us know. Though you're such a tease about the other dolls haha! Are you able to hint at release dates/months/seasons so we know when to save or money for? Hehe. Never hurts to ask!! But lucky you for knowing :)

Unfortunately,

Aw, not even a hint? :) I'm excited to know they will continue to make the LE dolls; I'd like to collect each princess. I have a feeling Jasmine will be next, and then Ariel in the fall. That's why I don't understand why people are getting angry with Disney not making Pocahontas LE doll, as the DVD has not been released as a Diamond Edition yet.

Aw, not even a hint? :) I'm excited to know they will continue to make the LE dolls; I'd like to collect each princess. I have a feeling Jasmine will be next, and then Ariel in the fall. That's why I don't understand why people are getting angry with Disney not making Pocahontas LE doll, as the DVD has not been released as a Diamond Edition yet.

Pocahontas is not part of the Diamond Edition lineup, and will not receive a Diamond Edition version. The release in August is pretty much all she will get for home media release until the next cycle of releases rolls around in another decade or so. So based on the LE doll-blu-ray connection since the release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, it was assumed that if a LE Pocahontas doll were to be released this year, it would have coincided with the blu-ray release. Note that LE Tiana and LE Rapunzel (blonde) were both released with their blu-ray releases, which are also not part of the Diamond Edition series. Looking at the list below, there is the potential for a two-year void with no Diamond Edition princess film releases at all, so who knows? Pocahontas may still get a LE doll at some point. Or, they may shift the order around, as they did with Aladdin, which will either push a LE Ariel doll back or bring a LE Aurora doll forward. Or, Mulan and Pocahontas may be used to fill that void. Who knows, at this point?

For reference, the Diamond Edition Series consists of films that were previously Disney's Platinum DVD Editions, and it is currently said to continue through to 2016:
1) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2) Beauty and the Beast
3) Bambi
4) The Lion King
5) Lady and the Tramp
6) Cinderella
7) Aladdin
8) The Little Mermaid (unconfirmed)
9) Peter Pan (unconfirmed)
10) The Jungle Book (unconfirmed)
11) 101 Dalmatians (unconfirmed)
12) Sleeping Beauty (unconfirmed)
13) Pinocchio (unconfirmed)

Very bad Juju on Disneys part,I certantly did not appreciate them setting back Pocahontas release,diamond edition or not It would have worked to release the doll to coincide with the DVDs release,I'd really hate to think id have to wait another couple years till they re-release the DVD just to aquire the Limited Edition doll.Alice wasnt released to coincide with the exact date of her DVD release,im not sure what came first if whether the un-anniversary edition or the actual anniversary edition to Alice in Wonderland,point is she was a much unexpected surprise release,and I hope Disney pulls another fast one like that and surprises us.It would only be fair,given she's one of my favorite princesses along with many others and she deserves a LE(if not treat her equally than what's the point of having her in the lineup,might as well just remove her all together and only leave the populars,its practically like that now anyway)if she's been pushed to the back burner who knows how long we'd have to wait to get a Mulan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back