• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Links to PinPics no longer work

Links to PinPics no longer work

Rocke01

love to pin trade!
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
321   0   0
The links we have to PinPics no longer work. I think they recently changed their page so our links will need to be updated. You can still get into PinPics by going directly, just the links don't work.

The links we have to PinPics no longer work. I think they recently changed their page so our links will need to be updated. You can still get into PinPics by going directly, just the links don't work.
With the major changes to the pinpics site, Unfortunately they will not work any longer.

We will be removing the pinpics trade & match links soon.

We'll be working with pinpics to resolve the possibility of the links working again and we hope this feature can return in the near future.

:( Sorry guys

I am having the same problem.
With the major changes to the pinpics site, Unfortunately they will not work any longer.

We'll be working with pinpics to resolve the possibility of the links working again and we hope this feature can return in the near future.

I am having the same problem.
As mentioned, the trade links will no longer work going forward, due to the changes in the way the new PinPics functions.

We'll be working with PinPics to see if the issue can be resolved, fingers crossed! :x:

As mentioned, the trade links will no longer work going forward, due to the changes in the way the new PinPics functions.

We'll be working with PinPics to see if the issue can be resolved, fingers crossed! :x:

Would it be possible to leave people's PPID under their name at least? Especially since sometimes the screen names and their pinpics do not match. This way we could still search on our own if we would like.

I agree it would be good if we could at least leave the PinPics ID under their avitar so we can access their wants and trades. Thanks

And is it just me, or can't I look up anyone's collections? Whenever I enter a name with "search user" it gives me a blank page.
The only way I can see my own collection is, by clicking "my pins" on the top right corner, which I can hardly even read, so tiny.

The way to do it on the new site is search the user's name, and the in the drop down menu next to it, usually on Gallery, choose "member" which then shows a screen with all the members that match the search results, and then clicking the one you want comes up with their collection/traders/wants, and a button on the left hand side "Compare User"

Last edited:
Would it be possible to leave people's PPID under their name at least? Especially since sometimes the screen names and their pinpics do not match. This way we could still search on our own if we would like.

OH MY GOSH i beg you please leave the links as is....as stated above not only is it as difficult without the links (kinda forcing us to use pintalk) we will have no idea what somebodies pinpics ID is except to take the extra frustrating step in PMing etc the person.....please consider leaving the pinpics ID!!!

Wow. That is a change I don't like. I use those functions all the time. I sure hope they find a way to add it later.

Will the old version stay available or will it go away eventually?

They explained why they were doing this on Pin Talk; but I'm pretty sure they also said they are open to negotiation with sites about it. So this doesn't necessarily mean DPF will always not have the pinpics links. Just have to wait and see what happens.

I tried this and nothing came up.

The way to do it on the new site is search the user's name, and the in the drop down menu next to it, usually on Gallery, choose "member" which then shows a screen with all the members that match the search results, and then clicking the one you want comes up with their collection/traders/wants, and a button on the left hand side "Compare User"

that is completely possible!

however, until (or if) we can come to an agreement with PinPics to return link functionality, it won't directly link to their page.

OH MY GOSH i beg you please leave the links as is....as stated above not only is it as difficult without the links (kinda forcing us to use pintalk) we will have no idea what somebodies pinpics ID is except to take the extra frustrating step in PMing etc the person.....please consider leaving the pinpics ID!!!
this is something we can definitely do, it just won't be linked. :eek:

Back