• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Little buttons at the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Little buttons at the parks

tiggeriffic

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've found a couple of cool buttons at the DLR parks. They are really small, about an inch in diameter. Last time I looked it seemed like most of them were new/different designs. Anyone else collect these? Does anyone know how often they change? Are these sold at the other parks and if so, are they the same ones? It's just a fun little side collection for me, I only have a couple.

They've been around for awhile, and it looks like once in awhile they add a few new designs. I always mean to pick up a few for my bags, but I always forget to. They're nice. One set of the designs has the same art as the Alice in Wonderland hidden Mickeys from a few years ago. My favorite ones are the villain buttons.

Yup. There are princess ones at WDW, probably at DLR, too. Really cute art - black and white usually one other contrast color - I think I saw Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle and Rapunzel last I was there... They were on some promo like $5 for 5, I think? I got multiples of the Rapunzel one because I am crazy and I like having them on my jackets/bags/etc. I think they're really cute.

I see a lot of the Disney gangs wearing them!How cool is that?On their levi patch jackets...

They've been around for awhile, and it looks like once in awhile they add a few new designs. I always mean to pick up a few for my bags, but I always forget to. They're nice. One set of the designs has the same art as the Alice in Wonderland hidden Mickeys from a few years ago. My favorite ones are the villain buttons.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of villain ones and some very different style designs. They are really nice!

Yup. There are princess ones at WDW, probably at DLR, too. Really cute art - black and white usually one other contrast color - I think I saw Ariel, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle and Rapunzel last I was there... They were on some promo like $5 for 5, I think? I got multiples of the Rapunzel one because I am crazy and I like having them on my jackets/bags/etc. I think they're really cute.

I think I saw the ones you are talking about. And, yeah, they were $5 for 5. They even had an Orange Bird one. They are pretty cool and I love that they are so much less expensive than pins! A couple that I got a while back don't seem to be around any more, so maybe they "retire" them after a while. Glad I got them when they had them!

I have lots of them. they are cheap and right by the register, so I cant stop myself from getting them. they've had them for several years.

I have lots of them. they are cheap and right by the register, so I cant stop myself from getting them. they've had them for several years.

Putting them by the register is a smart idea. We get sucked in that way lol. I'd like to get an Oswald one. One. Please don't make a bunch of them. lol.

Thanks for sharing, they are cute! :) Maybe have to look for some of the princess buttons

I picked an alice one up at the Walt Disney Family Museum last year. The had a ton, largely Alice, and a few villians, also by the register.

I picked an alice one up at the Walt Disney Family Museum last year. The had a ton, largely Alice, and a few villians, also by the register.
Cool, didn't know they had them there. Are they the same ones?
I wish there was some kind of checklist or database just for these. It's too difficult to zone in on just these on pinpics and dpp, but at least a lot of them are there.

Last edited:
When I was searching PinPics for a certain theme once, I came across a button, and it made me wonder if buttons were considered part of the same pin collecting group or not, or if they just sort of got onto the site by accident because no one wanted to take the time to filter them off? Do people actually trade pins for buttons? Or buttons for buttons? Do you consider them the same thing? They look a lot cheaper to me, even though I like a few.

When I was searching PinPics for a certain theme once, I came across a button, and it made me wonder if buttons were considered part of the same pin collecting group or not, or if they just sort of got onto the site by accident because no one wanted to take the time to filter them off? Do people actually trade pins for buttons? Or buttons for buttons? Do you consider them the same thing? They look a lot cheaper to me, even though I like a few.
Buttons are definitely less expensive. I think a lot of collectors have them as a side collection or additions to characters/themes they collect. I've never traded them, but I have heard that some people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back