• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKrolak

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good evening Mr & Mrs Pin Trader and all traders at sea. We interrupt this normal forum for this breaking news flash

:mickey::donald::goofy: FLASH!!! :goofy::donald::mickey:

Just announced over the San Diego Comic Convention 2012 premere lists, Disney may for the first time have pins at their Frankenweenie display garden at the convention.

Yes, you have read it correctly, Disney may have finally created specific pins for a promotional event at the San Diego Comic Convention starting tomorrow.

So what you say, as you don't have a membership. The reported news gets even better. This reporter has learned that the location for this treasure trove is going to be OPEN to the general public. That's right readers, no convention membership will be required. You just have to go visit the Home Garden Channel (HGTV) / Disney promotional locatoin at the Hilton Gaslamp gardens. There in a glorious black and white garden, you can learn all about the upcoming Tim Burton animated Frankenweenie movie. Open from 11:00am to 8:00pm, "Throughout the HGTV Electrifying Garden, guests also will have the opportunity to view custom content from "Frankenweenie" and collect pins, seed packets and other premium gifts from HGTV and Disney.

But as the Sacramento Bee revealed, you best hurry as you will only have from July 12 to July 14 to obtain these treasures.

We now return you to your regular forum postings already in progress.

Disney has produced pins for the Comic Con in the past:
[Pinpics]23826[/pinpics]: Haunted Mansion Movie Plaque - Open House
[Pinpics]23827[/pinpics]: Haunted Mansion Open house - silver hitchhiking ghosts
[Pinpics]41151[/pinpics]: Comic Con 2005 - Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
[Pinpics]83029[/pinpics]: Flynn Lives

The have also produced at least on pin for Wonder Con ([Pinpics]77051[/pinpics]: Space Paranoids).

It is good to see Disney is continuing the tradition; hopefully there are a lot of goodies to be had.

[Pinpics]23826[/Pinpics]: Haunted Mansion Movie Plaque - Open House
[Pinpics]23827[/Pinpics]: Haunted Mansion Open house - silver hitchhiking ghosts
[Pinpics]41151[/Pinpics]: Comic Con 2005 - Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
[Pinpics]83029[/Pinpics]: Flynn Lives

The have also produced at least on pin for Wonder Con ([Pinpics]77051[/Pinpics]: Space Paranoids).

It is good to see Disney is continuing the tradition; hopefully there are a lot of goodies to be had.

My thoughts exactly! Flynn Lives is one of my wants and goes for like $35 so snag a few. Although I think Tron has a little bigger following than Frankenweenie will...

Does anyone have the Flynn Lives pin that is willing to sell or trade me?

Of course I went to San Diego the wrong weekend. I went for 4th of July and saw the 30 second fireworks.

[Pinpics]23826[/Pinpics]: Haunted Mansion Movie Plaque - Open House
[Pinpics]23827[/Pinpics]: Haunted Mansion Open house - silver hitchhiking ghosts
[Pinpics]41151[/Pinpics]: Comic Con 2005 - Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
[Pinpics]83029[/Pinpics]: Flynn Lives

The have also produced at least on pin for Wonder Con ([Pinpics]77051[/Pinpics]: Space Paranoids).

I'm thinking that she is saying that these are pins that they've had in previous years, not what is available this year. I would think that the pin(s) available tie into the movie, in this case Frankenweenie.

Does anyone have the Flynn Lives pin that is willing to sell or trade me?

Of course I went to San Diego the wrong weekend. I went for 4th of July and saw the 30 second fireworks.

LOL. At least they were magical, right?

And any update on the Disney Frankenweenie pins?

There is a frankenweenie pin that was available. I was able to get one. It's.. well, it looks like a dead dog.

I'm on my phone, but if a picture isn't posted by tomorrow I can. I believe you can search eBay for it, too.
But as of this moment, I haven't decided its fate.

It's interesting cause on the back of the pin it is stamped Disney Limited Edition Comic Con 2012 China. Wonder what the edition size is? I'll try and get a pic of the front back tomorrow too.

In Comic-Con terms, it is considered limited edition as the pin was only availabe at Comic-Con. The pin maybe become an open rack pin at the parks but the backer card has the San Diego Comic-Con International logo and the year.

I don't know the exact number but I know on Saturday they stopped passing them out as they ran out of pins.

I have the othe Disney pins from Comic-Con and this is the only one that is the same quality pin as park pins. But then again, the other pins came out before the pin trading program started.

Gotta have the Frankenweenie pin! My kids would flip! They have always loved it! Hubby turns it on for them to watch all the time on the NBC movie! Too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back