• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Make Our Own WDW PTN for February 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make Our Own WDW PTN for February 4th?

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
So...

I know the Pin Team is in new hands and all, but I find it strange that on top of getting shut out of a January PTN, it looks like none is planned for the night before the event, as well, which is pretty unusual for the events at WDW.

Do you guys want to see if we can throw together a PTN ourselves (to be canceled if Disney comes out with an official one for that night)? I'm looking specifically at Feb. 4th, the Friday of the Love is Magical event.

Who used to do it at the Riverside...the New Jersey folks? That was a good location- maybe we can use that spot.

Ideas?

mmm well i have no ideas really, but if you guys come out with anything count me in, i am leaving west palm beach friday morning and i will stay there till sunday, so i am going to pin trade at the park in the morning but if u guys do anything that night i am up for it. and i think is a great idea, we should do something like that till they start organizing the pin trading nights again. :)
:):):):):)

Actually there was a PTN on the 20th according to a few of my friends in WDW, it just never made it on Odpt.com!

Nope, I just saw a post of facebook as well! It was at the Contemporary Hotel.

...that actually really ticks me off.

I've never missed a PTN since I've started going, except for when I've been out-of-state. I was *dying* for one.

So how many people showed up? Am I going to feel like a dumbass because I'm the only person who feels like checking forums and odpt.com is enough, and everyone else managed to figure it out? It's certainly never let me down before!

Just...just...ARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

...in my continued rage, I have found a huge, 10 page thread over on vinylnation.net, where people were happily planning and discussing the approaching trading night.

Just...........so much rage. HOW did we MISS it?

I might need to play some Halo tonight to kill some stuff.

Last edited:
...in my continued rage, I have found a huge, 10 page thread over on vinylnation.net, where people were happily planning and discussing the approaching trading night.

Just...........so much rage. HOW did we MISS it?

I might need to play some Halo tonight to kill some stuff.

Can you send me a link to that discussion? I was just over there and saw a thread that someone posted in TODAY but was started a YEAR ago.

Through all the news outlets, I never once saw anything mentioned about a January 2011 WDW Trading Night. I'll be pretty annoyed if anyone can confirm there was one.

Oh, snap- that was me. Did I just screw up?

EDIT: Yeah, that was last year. *Totally* didn't catch that. Tried to delete, wouldn't let me. That forum certainly isn't newbie friendly, which is why I've all but left it.

Last edited:
It would be very lame if they didn't advertise it. I asked for someone to confirm it that actually attended as opposed to being told that there was one by staff. Second hand info can be toxic, lol.

Oh, I thought you said there was going to be one on the 20th in February, and then I saw it said there might have been one on January 20th. I hope there is one while I am there from the 19th (maybe 18th if a PTN is there) till the 21st of February. Maybe they're won't be one in February due to LIM, but I still hope there is.

I might be up for a pin trading party on the 4th. We are staying at the Beach Club, but could take the bus over to Riverside if you all want to meet there..

JoAnne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back