• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Merlin's Magical Collection Update! (Image Heavy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin's Magical Collection Update! (Image Heavy!)

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey there gang! Well, it's been some time since I've shown off my updated collection, so I figure no time like the present. :3 Okay! Here we go!

BEHOLD! MY PIN WALL! It looks rather impressive all there on the wall together! Of course, the SitS collection get's its own place of honor. Let's take a closer look, shall we? :3

First on our tour is the Semi-Permanent Collection board. This features pins that are either extremely sentimental, or are a collection that has not quite gotten a shadow box yet.

The pins in the center all hold a very special place in my heart. The "Caution Sign" pin (or as we like to call it the "No Dancing on the Couch" pin) was one of my favorite, random pins Mary and I picked up on our first trip to Disney together. The Figment pin is part of our Figment Game we play when we go pin trading in the parks; every time you see a Figment pin and nothing else you would rather trade, you MUST trade for it with another Figment pin, that way you never know what Figment will come home with you!

I would say that Robin Hood is one of my primary collections, but I feel it's a few pin shy from warranting a box of its own. Soon though. Soon.

Chadu, the little adorable Tiger there at the bottom of the picture, is perhaps the cutest pin I've ever gotten from trading in the parks! So precious! And from Tokyo Disney!

This has become my Villains and Sub-Collections board. Maleficent and Scar are certainly my favorite villains ever, and I keep a few Urusla pins on hand to trade with Mary if she ever gets something nifty. ;P

The Carousel pins in the top left was the first collection I ever completed, because Rasputin zapped me with 75% of them during my first week here on the Forums! Crazy nice guy, that Rasputin!

Now these guys are part of a quest collection that will likely take me a LOOOOOOONG time to complete. It's a PhotoMosaic puzzle of Aladdin screencaps that combine to form the Morocco Pavilion in Epcot! (Pinpics 47649) I'm not entirely sure how many there are, but I'm convinced it's at least 30-50. It's something I'll be working on for probably the rest of my pin collecting career. So, if you have any spares lying around, let me know. ;P

Next up is my Hidden Mickey and Misc. Sets board. It also features some casual collections, such as Donald and Disney Afternoon. However, the pin in the bottom left, the Gummi Bears cast, is probably in my top 5 of all-time grail pins. I love it so. :3

Also, if you could tell, I'm missing a few Hidden Mickeys (Monday in the Pluto Days of the Week, and Mickey in the Patriotic Shield) and need to replace some scrappers too (especially in the Zodiac set). Let me know if you have some spares lying around and maybe we can work something out. :)

And here are my two Zodiac framed sets! I was able to complete these guys with the help of many of you here at the Forum! In fact, I think the final pin from each set was zapped to me (and you know, it might have been Ariel both times...hrm...)

I think I'm going to start collecting the Zodiac sets, set by set, as I really like them all framed together! See my Signature for my current Quest Set! :D

This was the first set I ever framed! I think it turned out pretty nifty. :3 I'm a sucker for a good Roman theme. ;P

And now on to the Primary Collections! :D

The Pin-Tiquities Set was probably the first I identified as a primary collection (aside from Sword in the Stone, of course). The big DaVinci Mickey in the middle was the first pin I got for the set. And the DaVinci Stitch (to the bottom right of the DaVinci Mickey) was a grail zap from my Secret Santa Pengy. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! :D

My Magic Carpet Ride set is also coming along nicely and has graduated to its own case! There are only a few unique pins (pins that don't feature the exact same pose as another pin) that I'm missing for the set to be complete! The #1 pin on my list is the Stitch Invasion (39145)!!! Please let me know if we can trade for that! :3

My Scrooge collection is one that kind of snuck up on me! I wasn't expecting to start collecting him, but before I realized it, I had a pretty decent number of pins! Hahah! I prefer him in his blue coat, but I love Scrooge in any incarnation. :3

And now, of course, the pride of my collection!!!! My Sword in the Stone Case!!!!!

Ah. Isn't she beautiful? I've worked really hard on this collection, and I must say, I'm quite proud of it! And I owe a LOT of it to great people here at the Forum who have every been kind enough to zap it, trade it, or sell it to me in an effort to help me out! You've all been so kind and I really appreciate it!

But a HUGE shout out goes to my Secret Santa, Pengy, who zapped me not only the Da Vinci Stitch grail, but my #1 of all time holiest of holy grails!!! The Merlin with Archimedes Fantasy Folk pin (just under the Ears of Excellence pin). I have wanted that Merlin pin since the moment I saw it and have only seen it go on ebay twice ever, both times waaaaaay out of my price range! I was so ecstatic to add it to my collection! GAh!!! Thank you again Pengy! :D

Some other notable pins in there are the Stitch pulling out Excalibur, that one was tricky to track down. /nod Also the Arthur PTD which was zapped to me so kindly by someone right after it was release! And the 50th Anniversary pin which my buddy Wes got for me at a pre-release Pin Event while I was at WDW this past christmas!

Also the Merlin PTD (there next to the PoDM) which is the most recent addition and was kindly zapped to me by Pin-A-Colada right after it's release! The Sorcerer Hat Mim and Merlin were also sold to me at cost by a super kind member here. And, of course, my first PoDM (not the one pictured, but the one on one of the first boards) was zapped to me by Catz oh so long ago. <3

Thank you all for checking out my collections! And thanks to EVERYONE who has cut me a deal, zapped me, or traded with me for something for my collection! You've all been so kind to me and I can't thank you enough. :3

My signature is updated, so I'm off on a new quest for some new pins! If you see anything down there, please let me know! I'm not above trading out of my collections for things that are at the top of the grail list, but some pins are forever staying with me. ;P But it never hurts to ask! Hahah!

Thanks again everyone! <3

~Merlin

Last edited:
Awesome awesome collection! My SitS collection consists of 4 pins at the moment, but I guess I have to start somewhere, lol.

Hahha! Indeed we do. ;) my collection started before I even knew pin collecting was a thing, when a friend of mine gave me two pins (8276 and 16207) for my birthday just because she knew I loved Merlin. Then on my first trip to Disney, the first pin I ever traded for (and what started me collecting proper) was the Merlin hidden Mickey (51753). The rest, as they say, was history. Hahah! So just keep your eyes peeled. That collection will grow faster than you'd think. ;P

~Merlin

They are all very cool collections, but the Sword In The Stone one in particular is major awesomeness!!

What great collections! I really like how you've framed the zodiac collections. They look fantastic!

Also, are you sure that Chandu pin is from Hong Kong? The Sinbad ride (that he's from) is in Tokyo Disneysea :)

Thanks very much everyone! :3

And yes, CorytheRaven, you're right! XD I've fixed that. ;P Chandu is indeed from Tokyo. Hahah!

~Merlin

I love all your different collections... especially that first board where you have corners for Jafar, Genie, and Robin Hood. I also totally gaped at your Sword in the Stone case! Wow!

Hot damn, that's one epic collection!

I really hope you get to collect all of those puzzle pieces for that mosaic! Seems like a really great goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back