• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Snow White collection (Updated 3/9)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Snow White collection (Updated 3/9)!
What material did you use to display your pins? If you painted it, I'm curious what kind of paint did you use? I absolutely love it!
I'll look around and see if I have any Snow White pins. Great job.

I used prestretched canvas. I got the canvas at Michaels. They sell the size I used, 16x20 (maybe 18x24?), for about $10. I used acrylic paint for it. I think I used Michaels brand because its the cheapest. The Snow White drawing itself is a mix of peach color pencil (crayola. I'm old school ;)), sharpies (sky blue, red, magenta, and blue) and a yellow high lighter (it was surprisingly darker than my yellow sharpie). The queen is drawn with silver sharpie. I was going to paint Snow White on but I ran out of blue and red paint.

My Snow White 75th Anniversary Box set came in the mail!! The set is just beyond gorgeous. I love it so much.

34odlq8.jpg

Close up of the lid
3496t5g.jpg

Close up of the pins:
1234p5y.jpg

Close up of my favorite pin:
1586ss5.jpg

Lovely collection of Snow White. Just think of what it will look like in another year! :hsd:

I don't want to imagine how broke I will be by the end of the year :lol:

I love all your pins they are wonderful, and thanks for the upclose pictures of the snow white boxed set, they are gorgeous.

Thank you! They are gorgeous!! I am in love with those pins. I am still debating whether or not I want to put them back in the box.

Update:
I got most of the Snow White pins I either bought or traded for over the past month. I think I am a bit addicted :lol:

67i4hz.jpg

This is just amazing! Your SW Collection is growing so fast! Aren't the boxed pins lovely? I picked up a box for a friend on here and got to see them in person! I love them and I am not a big Snow White fan! Congrats on such lovely pins :)

I have some older pins if Snow white if you are interrested. Look at my trades. Think I might have one or two more not listed. Let me know if you are interrested.

I ended up getting a corkboard for my pin because it was cheaper than black paint to fix the holes on the canvas...
14v1a8.png

The Evil Queen post card is from the Walt Disney Family Museum and the poster is from the 1967 rerelease of the movie.

Pin 91924: D23 - Big Little Books - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
id9krc.png

front & back

ay4ig0.png

Inside with pin. The pin is on a black backing and can come out.

Wow Lisa! Your collection is amazing! The snow white pins ahve so much color! Did you take your oictuee with a dslr in macromode or how did you take such nice pics? I want to show my collection soon :). Thank you!

Wow Lisa! Your collection is amazing! The snow white pins ahve so much color! Did you take your oictuee with a dslr in macromode or how did you take such nice pics? I want to show my collection soon :). Thank you!

I just took pictures with my digital camera. It's a sony cyber shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back