• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Snow White collection (Updated 3/9)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Snow White collection (Updated 3/9)!
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I started collecting Snow White pins at the end of last year. I've been collecting them for about 2 months. I bought a few Snow White pins before I started the collection because they went with princess sets or I thought they looked cool (Evil Queen paint drip pin). I didn't start collecting Snow White pins until the the 75th Anniversary pins were released. As many know, I'm getting my masters in history. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs has a huge historical significant to film/animation history, Disney history, and pop culture. If Snow White flopped at the box office, Disney would not exist today (Walt would have gone bankrupt) and animation films would be different. There was experimentation with full length animation films before Snow White but it was Snow White that made companies realize they can do full length animation films and make a huge profit off of them. Another reason why I am collecting Snow White is because I started collecting these pins at the same time I picked my concentration in my masters program. I study modern British history (18th-20th century). It seemed appropriate that I study history and would collect pins of the most iconic/classic Disney film. This is also why I am so proud of/happy with my 75th Anniversary collection. I also really love the 2 Snow White horse pins I own because I've loved horses since I was a kid and will eventually own a horse!

34odlq8.jpg

The pins just arrived in the mail today!!! They are more gorgeous in person!! The box is just beautiful!!!

I ended up putting the pins from the box set on the board because I was running out of room for them in my room. I was kind of surprised how big they are.
67i4hz.jpg

New board!
14v1a8.png

The post card is from the Walt Disney family museum and the poster is from the 1967 rerelease of the film.

Last edited:
Wow, you have gotten so far so quickly with your new collection- and it is STUNNING! :) My favourite is the one with the Evil Queen and the cauldron... congrats on your awesome collection, and the canvas looks amazing, too- love how it mirrors the Valiant and Villainous pin! :) I always wanna say how cute your signatures are as well, they always look so nice! ^_^ :)

I love your collection!!! The canvas you put them on is AMAZING! Did you paint it yourself?

I would like to help it out but I only have one snow white pin... http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=7591&sid=7176.1361050306.v2 it has TINY bit of a paint error. Let me know if your interested in him and maybe we can trade?! :D

I did paint the canvas. Snow White is actually drawn on paper. I ran out of red and yellow paint around Christmas. So I ended up using sharpies to color her in. The Queen is drawn on the canvas in silver sharpie.

I am not interested in that pin. There is another set of the dwarfs in the mines that I like better (it's also more expensive, just my luck ;)).

Wow, you have gotten so far so quickly with your new collection- and it is STUNNING! :) My favourite is the one with the Evil Queen and the cauldron... congrats on your awesome collection, and the canvas looks amazing, too- love how it mirrors the Valiant and Villainous pin! :) I always wanna say how cute your signatures are as well, they always look so nice! ^_^ :)

Thank you! The Evil Queen with the cauldron is one of my favorites. I bought it before I started collecting Snow White because it was stunning. It's a gorgeous pin. I love the pins in the series it was from.

Congrats! I also collect Snow White and I'm just in love with the jumbo for the 75th Anniversary! :)

I am in love with the pin as well! All of the 75th Anniversary pins are stunning!!

I love Snow White and I enjoyed your story about why you collect her pins. Great collection! (I'm also jealous that you have the box set on the way... but mostly I just the box ^_^

I collect Snow White too! She's my favorite princess! Your collection is beautiful (and much more extensive than mine). Thank you for sharing! Seriously, so lovely.

Oh, I love your collection!
I think every pin you have is on my wishlist!
I really need to start focusing on Snow White pins, they're just so pretty

Thank you, all!!!
Here is a better picture of the display. I took it a few days ago, which is why not all the pins I have are on it.
2dbt477.jpg

I love Snow White and I enjoyed your story about why you collect her pins. Great collection! (I'm also jealous that you have the box set on the way... but mostly I just the box ^_^
I am debating whether or not I want to put the pins on the board because I want to display the box. It's so gorgeous!

What material did you use to display your pins? If you painted it, I'm curious what kind of paint did you use? I absolutely love it!
I'll look around and see if I have any Snow White pins. Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back