• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Very First Self Made Pin Board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Very First Self Made Pin Board!

Zagales14

Duke Alex, Master Zapper
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So over the last week, anxiety over the release of the Bar Exam Results has hit me hard!! The results come out Monday, and every time I think about it, I feel like I should barf (including now)... anyhow, I've tried to find ways to keep myself distracted after work and through this weekend... I woke up this morning with the intention of doing something I have long sought to do, but had not had the time...

I headed to Michaels after running some errands in the morning, and bought supplies to put together my first board... since it's Halloween, I figured I could start with the Nightmare Before Christmas board and take advantage of all the Halloween things...

Anyhow... after about 3 1/2 to 4 hours of work (and a glue gun mess), I finally got the pin board finished!! Let me know what you guys think!!

I'm going to put one together for Cars next weekend, and I might start looking to trade one or two for pins if there is enough interest!

Check it out:

photo1_zps7580f255.jpg

photo2_zps24b79521.jpg

That is one amazing piece of work and you can certainly tell the work you put into it. Once I figure out how to see another person's trades maybe I can scrounge up a NBC pin or two. Great job!!! P.S. Am I sure you will pass the bar exam.

holy shnikes!! seriously i didnt expect that at all! well if law doesnt work out you can always craft.:drool:

im still so pissed at the crappy USPS btw

holy shnikes!! seriously i didnt expect that at all! well if law doesnt work out you can always craft.:drool:

im still so pissed at the crappy USPS btw

Haha!! I'm working on the USPS thing! They owe me a phone call by the end of Monday with a location on the package. It has not been shipped anywhere, BUT, they don't know where it is.

Great board!! Some of those pins would look really great on the black or yellow, too! Nice nice collection!

super cool! Don't know what I like better--the spiderwebs background or the hill. :)

Thanks! It was actually a mission to make the hill!! After drawing the hill on a cork board, we used an exacto-knife to cut it out, then we had to wrap it in fabric, which was a pain, to say the least... and we made quite the hot-glue mess!!

The spider webs was an easy touch... after we layered the bare cork board with the striped glossy grey paper (somewhat representative of Jack's tux), we just wrapped the board with the spider web texture (sold as a table top). I think it gives it a really nice detail!!

The pictures don't do the board justice. The moon is a bright glitter yellow that glows in the dark!! That's why I didn't want to cover it in pins. Eventually though, I'm sure this board will fill up!

Thanks for all the great comments!

Wow. That is so cool. You did a great job!! The pins look nice on the board.

I will keep my fingers crossed. I know you will pass the bar exam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back