• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Name that Disney Movie!

I love the idea of this game, but it goes so slow waiting for confirmation and then waiting for the next person to post. I wonder if we couldn't have a running list of say 5 quotes, and when someone correctly identifies a quote, they post the list with their new quote in the place of the old quote (but copying the other 4 with them). Does that make sense?

I love the idea of this game, but it goes so slow waiting for confirmation and then waiting for the next person to post. I wonder if we couldn't have a running list of say 5 quotes, and when someone correctly identifies a quote, they post the list with their new quote in the place of the old quote (but copying the other 4 with them). Does that make sense?

Yeah, I know what you mean. My only concern with doing 5 at a time is that it could get a little chaotic with people posting on all different ones....hmmmm, we'll have to think on that some more.

In the mean time, I'll throw another one out there:

"I like you temporarily" - just give me the general character since it is kind of difficult to determine who says it.

OK, I'm going to try something different. I'm going to list two quotes. I've put my name after them, and when someone else guesses one of the quotes they get to change the quote and put their name after it (leaving the other one alone). So, here goes...

1. "Sure, you'll help me. Right over a cliff, you'll help me." (unibear)

2. "You can spit acid on 'em, if you want to." (unibear)

BUMP!

1. "Sure, you'll help me. Right over a cliff, you'll help me." (unibear)

Ok here goes . . .

1. "I don't know. Nobody will tell me." (caligirlUCR)

the first one is from enchanted! the little girl is telling giselle to not wear too much makeup cuz boys are only after one thing...she just doesn't know what. LOL

Ok, adding one in its place:

1. "I can't put my foot on it right now, but if I just stand here long enough..." (PinKitten)

#1 is said by Scuttle, the seagull, in the Little Mermaid (in reference to Ariel's new legs that he happens to be sitting on).

OK, here goes...

1. "Wait, was this woman scary beyond all reason?" (unibear)

Last edited:
1 is from Emporer's New Groove I am pretty sure, talking about Yzma. The granddaughters used to love that line!
2 (SWAG), the first Stitch?

#1, yes for the movie. But who said it? (do a google search or go to imdb.com)
#2, no not 'Lilo & Stitch', but getting close...

um, bump. it kinda seems like no one knows these. maybe it would just be easier to only have to name the movie (as the title indicates), rather than having to name the character (cause that seems to really trip people up, and makes it soooo much harder). Might make the game go faster and smoother.

anyway, since no one's online, and just to breathe some life into the game...

"Trust in me... Just in me..."

That's rather presumptuous to assume that nobody is watching this game. And how hard it is to do a google search to find who said this (the first one is in the Quotes section of imdb.com). I don't think it's appropriate to just take over the game because you can't be bothered to do the work to play it the way Erudolf set it up. OK, enough venting...

i don't think it's that presumptuous when the last post in this thread was several weeks ago. and i never said no one was watching this game. i just said that no one who'd been playing it was online at the time. i was just trying to get it going again, since it'd been dead so long.
plus, what's the point of the game if we have to search it on google? you're not remembering, you're just googling.
oh, and aren't you the one who already changed how the game works, with the whole multiple quoting thing? and you did that because the games moves so slowly, right?looking at the past posts, it seems to do that because of the whole "name the character" part, since people often know the movie but not the character. i was just saying what it looked like the problem was.

and i don't think trying to revive a dead game with a new post would be considered "taking over" either.

Last edited:
I have to admit that after thinking about what I said, I do think I was a bit harsh. So, I'm going to retire the more difficult quote--#2 This was from "Stitch the Movie" in which Lilo told Stitch he could spit acid on Myrtle Edmonds, Elena, Teresa, and Yuki because they called her weird. I will replace this with (hopefully) an easier quote. In a few days, if quote #1 is still around I will retire it as well. As far as google searching is concerned, that's the only way I'VE been able to identify a quote. If other ways work for you, then have at it. OK, here goes...

2. "Tut, tut. It looks like rain." (unibear)

Last edited:
Back