• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that on the box's page on the Disney store website has the tagline "Be our Pin Pal" :lol: Punny Disney, Punny.

I looked at the comments on the blog page where it was originally announced, and there is one pretty good question: Are there only 500 boxes, each containing one LE pin, or is there a multiple of 500 boxes (1000 boxes, 1500 boxes, etc.) with a variety of of LE pins? (Meaning that there is a different LE pin for each 500 boxes released.)

Personally, I think that for this first run there will only be 500 boxes. However, I could see in the future Disney setting out more than 500 boxes and having different LE Pins released each month. (As in if there are 2000 boxes released, there are 4 different LE pins to be had.)

I'm sure to anyone who participated in the DA days or anyone who has ever had regular access to park releases, this seems like a bad deal. But some of us are desperate for any direct access to pins we can get!
But do you really think for $40 for 2 rack pins and an unknown LE you'll have any more trading power than if you spent that same $40 on say, a good PTD for trade or even just spending that same $40 to directly buy a pin or pins you want for your collection? Serious question.

Ohhh. This is going to be one of those things where if I do buy a box, I won't like the pin. But if I don't buy a box, they'll sell out, I'll need the pin for my collection and it'll cost ten times the original price over at EBay. :(

I looked at the comments on the blog page where it was originally announced, and there is one pretty good question: Are there only 500 boxes, each containing one LE pin, or is there a multiple of 500 boxes (1000 boxes, 1500 boxes, etc.) with a variety of of LE pins? (Meaning that there is a different LE pin for each 500 boxes released.)

Personally, I think that for this first run there will only be 500 boxes. However, I could see in the future Disney setting out more than 500 boxes and having different LE Pins released each month. (As in if there are 2000 boxes released, there are 4 different LE pins to be had.)

Yeah, I'd think for the first run, Disney would only have 500 boxes of one LE pin and then depending on demand, go from there, especially during the months of October through December where it'd be easy to sneak in multiple LE designs.

But do you really think for $40 for 2 rack pins and an unknown LE you'll have any more trading power than if you spent that same $40 on say, a good PTD for trade or even just spending that same $40 to directly buy a pin or pins you want for your collection? Serious question.

LMBO! I haven't been able to buy any of the PTD pins I want for $40 bucks. If only prices were that cheap, LOL!

A way to get LE pins away from the parks with a release date actually announced in advance? I'm thrilled. Compared to the secondary market (which is usually our only option), this is a bargain. I can't afford it every month, but I will save my pennies and take advantage when I can.

ETA: The blog specifically says the price includes shipping.

+1. Now if only they release them at a reasonable hour for everyone and not right a midnight/3am

I am not sure if I will be getting it. I haven't been that happy with Loot Crate, skipped out on the Marvel box too. $40/month is kind of steep...but then, what if the pin is great?! UGH!

I'm not much of a risk taker for $40..lol Especially since one of the extra 'elements' they like to use is Free-D.

Curious: is there a limit 1 person can buy at a time or per order? I didn't remember reading any restrictions, but maybe i missed the info. Thanks

LMBO! I haven't been able to buy any of the PTD pins I want for $40 bucks. If only prices were that cheap, LOL!

Exactly. $40 will get you a PTD, but not one that anyone will trade for. And yes, I could just buy something for my collection, which honestly is what I'm forced to do most of the time, but I enjoy trading. I like helping someone else get what they want as well as getting something I want. I know from experience that buying is more cost-effective than trading, but it lacks an element of the hobby that I enjoy.

This box is, of course, a gamble. You could spend the $40 and get completely skunked. But you could also get something that will be sought after. I'm not saying I'll be shelling out every month, but once in a while for fun? Why not? Direct access to LE Disney pins has been almost nonexistent for a lot of us, so we're going to be excited, even if it's not the most cost-efficient way to buy pins.

Last edited:
I am SO super excited!!! :wiggle: :hsd: :wiggle: I have know this was coming, and been waiting for this announcement for so long now!!! :lol: I cannot wait to see what they put in them! :D

I am not sure if I will be getting it. I haven't been that happy with Loot Crate, skipped out on the Marvel box too. $40/month is kind of steep...but then, what if the pin is great?! UGH!

I can definitely see your point Li! :) Especially considering you are so near where so many pins are released that the $40 could be spent on and you would KNOW what pins you are getting for that price! :) If I lived there, I am not sure I would know if I wanted to pay that much for this or not.

However...for me, because I am so far from Disney and Disney pin releases, I think this is an awesome opportunity to get pins and not get them off the second hand market! :D And pins that are obtainable to me (and others not near Disney) on a monthly basis! :wiggle:

I believe this was presented and covered at the Pin Event last September. To me it was a bit of a head scratcher then and it still is to me. It might prove to work out well but I will stay on the sidelines for this one. Not too much of an incentive to jump in right away - if at all IMHO.

Mike S.
Figment919

The $40 technically covers three pins, and three pins for forty bucks doesn't sound like too bad of a deal but not knowing what those pins are makes me super cautious. It's the possibility of pulling something no one would want to trade that makes me hesitate, it's why I never got into buying blind bags/boxes, but I'd be lying if I didn't say the curiosity is killing me.

I guess it'll boil down to whether or not anyone wants to risk eating forty dollars that might not pan out.

I think I will do it. I remember buying random pins on DisneyShopping.com when they were on sale, and a few at full price. Some were in mystery boxes (i was able to get a few LE 100s and one LE 50) for about $20 a box, others i purchased were LE 500 and LE 250. Several I wish I bought more than one (jumbo "up" for example). Others I bought multiples of, some of which I have used as zaps.
As I do not live near the parks and I live about an hour or two away fron the Walt Disney Museum I do think I will purchase at least one box. It will be convenient to purchase an LE 500 and 2 OE pins from home. Also if I am not fond of the OE pins I can use them as traders for when I finally return to the parks.

Last edited:
This is definitely a gamble, but I feel like I might try it. I pretty much have to pay $40 at minimum for any DSF pin I'm trying to get (my luck trading for ones I want has been pretty much awful) so I might try it once and see what the pins are like. I'm like the other folks without direct access to pins. May as well try this and see how it goes because there's no other way to have direct access to LE pins.

I do wish they'd made it a bit more worth my while, though. 2 LE and 2 OE pins maybe. Have it be $10 cheaper. Announce a theme for each month. Make it a subscription! I mean like folks said above, if they want to follow LootCrate, you pay below retail prices because the merchandise is a mystery. There's also a theme each month to entice new subscriptions.

Last edited:
I am very excited about this opportunity! I cannot wait to see which pins they chose to go in the boxes. Also, I have a weird feeling that they will put a very special pin in the first release, but you can never tell. I just hope that I am able to order one before they sell out (if they only sell a limited number of boxes per run).

"@Corvyn – International shipping is unfortunately not available for the Disney Park Pack. I’m sorry I don’t have better news at this time." Steven Miller Responded to my question... Now I am no longer excited :(

"For the limited edition 500 pins, there will be four variant pins (a pin with a similar design that contains a slight variation in color, etc)."

That's a big turn off. Making 2,000 pins and changing them slightly to make 4 LE 500 pins. I would lump them all together and call it LE 2,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back