• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Newbie extraordanaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie extraordanaire

mulanrocks

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello all :)
I have been strictly trading cm lanyard pins up until about 2 months ago...and since then have learned what an EXPENSIVE hobby this can be!!! I have learned along the way that there are some awesome people out there...and like in life, some grumpy gusses.
I collect "with" my 3 year old son...it's a constant, "look, don't touch", but he LOVES disney, and seeing all the pins. I am learning along the way, unfortunately a couple of expensive learning experiences, but I am getting better I think...
the most important thing I have found is to simply collect what I like...and accept that some of the pins I bought for trading that I overpaid were my way of learning to do more research :)
In the short time I have been on this site (thank you so much Catz!!) you all are by far some of the coolest people out there...and seem to be in it for the love of it..not the profit end like some of the fb crowd.
that being said, as soon as I start learning the ropes, I hope to get to know you all, and hopefully there are some pooh fans out there that didn't get the soda fountain set yet, lol!
I am Mulanrocks on pinpics as well :) slowly getting everything I have on there as well as my wants
:wavey:
Jen

Hey Jen welcome :) My sons the same I tried to collect some Captain Hook pins with him but he lost interest when I said he couldn't really play with them they were more for show :lol:

thank you so much!
I am actually going to be setting up displays for my son who was just diagnosed with autism...and I am hoping all the colors and recognition of his favorite characters will help his speech get better. That is part of the reason I am hoping my attempt at parting with my "grail" door pin, will win him the diorama pins for nemo...he LOVES all the pixar movies and that is one of his favorites that I can at least afford pins for, lol!

Welcome to the forum! I love parent/child collectors, I think it's such a nice hobby to share with yours kids and I like seeing young traders at the parks :D

Welcome Jen! :wavey: My 3 year old niece is quite into Disney and has her own collection as well! :) It gave me someone to collect with! :rofl: She has her own lanyard of pins and knows she has to ask to have them taken off for her! :lol: Hope you love the forums!

Welcome to the Forum and I hope you have a good time with us! It's so sweet that you are collecting pins for your son. I love seeing little ones at the park with their big eyes looking at my mickey ears and my pins! And Finding Nemo is such a cute movie, I'm glad he likes it!

Hi and welcome to DPF. If you ever need help or have a question about anything we will all do our best to try and help you out as much as we can. You'll find out that all the people on this forum are some of the nicest traders out there. Have fun collecting and I hope we can do some trading sometime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back