• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR No more pin trading tables at DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR No more pin trading tables at DLR
I've heard this was in the works for some time and had more to do with complaints than anything. One of the biggest complaints was that People blatantly walking out of town guests into LGM to buy something so that they can "trade" for a pin. I'd like to see a trading area not near a store, to lessen this happening.

Regarding the old Westward ho spot....
It actually DID have to do with Fire codes and safety. That path is the only one large enough to accommodate emergency trucks and teams. It is also a primary entry and exit point for the massively popular Fantasmic. The tables on the side by the tree and cannon were causing crowding and blocking of the walkways. The tables on the other side by the phone booth had to be moved nightly for the Fantasmic crowd control.

Regarding BTMR....
It would be an ideal spot, if we all were not so stubborn. it has picnic tables, shade/rain cover, snacks, and nearby bathrooms. The arguments I heard most against it, "Less foot traffic, no new traders to bring in." Also I heard "It closes at dusk, no evening trading." However, it was a good spot for the regulars, and in Paris, that IS where trading is located. While I understand the concern about after dark trading, LGM has light!!! I do not think the reduced foot traffic would be a problem if the community spread the word sufficiently to get folks back there.

regarding DCA...
The tables outside taste pilot would be great, although during peak meal times they do fill up. At some point, they temporarily put tables next to fly n buy, i remember that... it would be a nice spot if they stuck like 6 tables in there around the back edge so folks had room to mill around and look at eachothers books.

Right now we all need to stay calm. this is a resort wide thing. many things i've heard from cast are from Halloween party to people selling. Using food tables will not work because they will just kick you out. Many know that I've in contact with managers at Disneyland and i have a sit down planned with 2 of them. This is not happening for a few weeks. Please if you wanted to do something go to city hall. Be polite about not having a trading area and ask it there is a area for us. Polite is the key word. Just hang in pin traders i think this issue will work it out.

This doesn't surprise me. If trading at DLR is anything like it is at WDW, I am counting the days until WDW does the same thing. I set up over the weekend to trade with kids and there were a ton of complaints from guests because of people set up at the tables being complete and total hard asses with their trades. It's not fun anymore when the traders demand the guests to buy them pins since their pins aren't "good enough" for their premium awesome grail worthy pins they bring to the parks...

Oh man that sucks, I have a question though, what's a graveyard shift??? Haha

-Charlie

Assuming that was a real question:

Graveyard shift is usually the overnight shift. Most people don't like it as it skews sleeps cycles; however, they're often perfect for night owls.

I like the idea that a Disney "graveyard shift" is the crew working The Haunted Mansion.

i was just told the program will continue as of this moment, they have no information on the tables being removed or relocated.

I was working last night and saw on cast tv they were taking them out. I was in disbelief, so walked over and noticed them gone.

I am not sure if anybody at DLR could do this if there is an area right near where your trading tables used to be but I went to WDW last year and I walked from my hotel with my bags and the tables were not there and a group of pin traders and myself went right over on a bench next to where the pin store is and where the tables were and we just traded there. We still had multiple people coming up to us ad trading and the managers walked by us a few times and didn't say anything. I really hope everybody that trades at DLR gets a new place to trade.

I always thought the pier was a nice spot. shadey, food nearby... But the same complaint was given when I suggested once or twice... "Not enough foot traffic to bring in new traders."

I begin to wonder... are those who complained about that, the same ones who would take "new" traders into the store and tell them to buy stuff for them? hmmmmmmmm

I like what you have wrote. Polite inquires. Remodeling. I hope so. Don't give up hope everyone. I'm sure it'll work itself out in the long run.

Sadly, Disney gets a fair number of complaints about the people who set up at the trading tables, or have "camped out" in some of the dining areas. It would not be the first time they have "removed" trading tables in a desire to address the problem or send a message to the more mercantile (or should that be mercenary) elements of the pin trading community

In some cases, Disney may be planning to "move" the trading locations. I have heard rumors of a new location being opened near the Disney store in Downtown Disney. There have also been rumors of a location being established over in CA Adventure.

In other cases, the tables were "removed" due to actual refurbishing or remodeling of an area, and later restored.

At this point, may be best to take a wait and see attitude. Polite inquiries to Disney may get a more official answer than outright demands they be restored.

We like to look at all the pins. But I can see their point, some of the pin traders are very pushy. *Several times I've been told that I had to buy pins inside the store if I wanted to trade, that was the only pins the trader wanted in trade. *But some of the other traders were very friendly and nice to talk with even if I didn't have anything they wanted at the time. *

[if its true it looks like we are going to the fantasyland Pin aria]

That's the area we used to meet and use about 12 or 13 years ago for various pin events. That would work well. *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back