• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR No more pin trading tables at DLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR No more pin trading tables at DLR
lets all start trading pins right here! The benches are long enough to lay out pin books and there will be alot of traffic!
5zpgns.jpg

there is no way in all the seven levels of any afterlife you believe in that Disney will let us trade there these days......

Lol I was thinking the same. Way to busy there. I like that dock in Fantasyland. It's usually empty and it's covered and shady. The LGM spot can get hotter than a snakes arse lol Pardon my French lol

aren't the docks a smoking area? not down to hang around smokers waiting to trade. what's wrong with the few tlt tables right above the original spot?

I think that replacing the trading area at downtown disney makes much more sense, i really missed that area this visit. The whole dynamic of trading in the park has changed, 6 years ago there were many more pin releases that you had to chase around the parks to get and the cast had better pins, this time was much more challenging. The villains event was awesome tho.

I have never really gotten into trading at LGM but loved trading at Westward Ho and before that at Cokes Corner (Mary Poppins restaurant) I miss trading in both those places. Sad to here that the tables are gone all together now though.

And have you noticed the ever decreasing number of pins for sale in the LGM store? Hardly worth going in anymore.:(

I did notice this two weeks ago and this Sunday most if not all the pins stuff was gone. It was replaced with Toy Story merchandise. If it was a seasonal thing why did they remove the pins stuff?

Last edited:
I have never really gotten into trading at LGM but loved trading at Westward Ho and before that at Cokes Corner (Mary Poppins restaurant) I miss trading in both those places. Sad to here that the tables are gone all together now though.

I loved trading at coke corner as well as westward ho. Those were great locations. Don't worry though, we will find a place and there will be trading when we are there!!!

I plan on going to pick up a pin today before class, and I will ask guest relations at City Hall. I really enjoy pin trading in person, and hope this is not taken away from the pin community.

aren't the docks a smoking area? not down to hang around smokers waiting to trade. what's wrong with the few tlt tables right above the original spot?

nope. the dock is smoke free.... if you walk around the side of matterhorn, theres a smoking area there, not far from the nemo lagoon.

the concern with thew tables right above the original area is that it is a full on eatery area. so technically, CM's would be more likely to make us move. The dock area rarely get very many people at it, because the small food place there is mostly finger food stuff. I have sat down there at a table for 2 hours while my munchkin naps, rearranging my pin book and CM's never bat an eyelash.

Last edited:
me and 2infinity are going today at 3ish. going to try and sit on the little wall by the original tables spot, or test out the tlt tables. fingers crossed!

Always be nice to cast members about trading. No matter what.

As for newbie traders who come up to trade, yeah, they're not going to have old, LE, hard to find pins. That's why I always have some good stuff and some easy stuff (like current and recent hidden mickeys) to trade folks. I can trade the hidden mickeys while I explain the more valuable pins. And I always carry a kids lanyard that any kid can trade off of without asking. They can trade any 2 pins for any 2 pins. Every so often I have to go thru the kids lanyards and toss the scrappers but that's not a big deal. And I try to keep it stocked with stuff kids will like. Puffles, Muppets, Nerds, etc. Cheaper booster pack pins that kids get a kick out of. Occasionally I will put a rack pin or two on there or some cute hidden mickeys. Seems to keep everyone happy and I've not had anyone complain (that I know of).

Unfortunately, I suspect the dock will not be an option for the short term. If I remember correctly, Disney does use that area as one of the Halloween treat paths during their Not So Scary Halloween party. I suspect that they will have that area set aside in the early afternoon as they get ready. Otherwise, while a nice location, it is a bit out of the normal traffic flow for the park as that area is pretty much a dead zone these days.

1hUap.jpeg

LGM trading area no longer. :(

So I have some bad news. It appears the tables are gone for good. Today marks the last day for gac( guest assistant cards). Meaning the start of Disney's new das( disability assistance service) which requires guest relations booths in different lands servicing the new das cards. And as shown in the picture, they picked their guest relations spot. :( </3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back