• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Oz dolls are now available on disneystore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, that would be very frustrating. I'm a partial De-boxer I guess; I keep my LE and designer dolls in their boxes, as well as a couple of unique dolls (my first edition Brass Key Snow White and a Victorian style Mattel Snow White), but most dolls are free, mainly due to lack of space. I'm always somewhat bummed when high dollar dolls come messed up - my LE bride Rapunzel had a cracked window! Badly cracked! But that could have been done in shipping....never know how much the UPS guys throw them around.

Thanks for posting the photos of the dolls, ryn1690. They all look great. It's good to know that the Wicked Witch has black leggings and boots just like the movie character.

Comparing Oz Movie Characters vs the Tollytots and Disney Store Dolls

I've made a few collages of the movie characters from Oz The Great and Powerful, comparing them with the dolls released so far by Tollytots (available in Target and Toys R Us) and by the Disney Store. Original images from the Disney and Target websites.

Witches and Oz - Movie Characters vs Disney Store Dolls - Oz The Great and Powerful by drj1828, on Flickr

China Girl - Movie Character vs Tollytots Doll vs Disney Store LE Doll - Official Images by drj1828, on Flickr

Oz (Oscar Diggs) - Movie Character vs Tollytots Doll vs Disney Store Doll - Official Images by drj1828, on Flickr

Evanora - Movie Character vs Tollytots Doll vs Disney Store Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Glinda - Movie Character vs Tollytots Doll vs Disney Store Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Theodora - Movie Character vs Tollytots Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Wicked Witch of the West - Movie Character vs Disney Store Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Have you ordered yours DRJ? I've been waiting to see your pics!!! Checking periodically on Flickr as you always have such fantastic ones of all dolls Disney related ;)

I will be posting pictures of the Toylots China Girl this weekend. She really is gorgeous, definitely a nice alternative for those of us who missed the LE!

I was gonna say that I like the Tollytots version better anyway! I plan on getting their version of her and Theodora....unless by week's end we see a DS version pop up! ;)

Have you ordered yours DRJ? I've been waiting to see your pics!!! Checking periodically on Flickr as you always have such fantastic ones of all dolls Disney related ;)
Thanks, I've ordered the Tollytots Oscar Diggs and China Girl dolls, and the Disney China Girl LE doll. I should be getting them tomorrow, and will be posting pictures of them as soon as I do, both boxed and deboxed. I will wait until I see the other dolls in person before getting them, but they all look very good from the photos I've seen so far. It's frustrating to have to wait so long after the dolls were put online to be able to see them in stores.

When did we decide that these pop up in stores? I got mine in the mail finally and my Evanora's box was all beaten up. There's a huge crease right across her face. Were I a de-boxer, it'd be fine because the doll inside is still well preserved, but I'm not so I want a nicer box. (It was not Disney Store's fault, it clearly was mistreated by the postal service.)

Last edited:
When did we decide that these pop up in stores? I got mine in the mail finally and my Evanora's box was all beaten up. There's a huge crease right across her face. Were I a de-boxer, it'd be fine because the doll inside is still well preserved, but I'm not so I want a nicer box. (It was not Disney Store's fault, it clearly was mistreated by the postal service.)
I've been told by my local DS that they will show up in Disney Stores this Friday, February 15. But I've seen other people say they will show up as early as tomorrow, Feb 13th. And it's possible that some stores will jump the gun and put the dolls and other Oz merchandise out early.

I'm sorry your doll boxes got mangled in shipping. I've had pretty good luck lately with my mail order items from DS. They have been packing them more carefully, with air bags around the packages, than they have in the past.

DS.com shipping has been terrible for unprotected plastic doll boxes! I bought a play doll Prince Philip last year, and the same thing happened to the plastic box right in front of his face. Good thing those dolls are inexpensive and I am not terribly fond of that doll rendition of him. But in any case, if you have a nearby local DS, bring the damaged doll in with the packing slip/receipt and have her exchanged when the merchandise is openly available. They should be able to do that for you. :)

DS.com shipping has been terrible for unprotected plastic doll boxes! I bought a play doll Prince Philip last year, and the same thing happened to the plastic box right in front of his face. Good thing those dolls are inexpensive and I am not terribly fond of that doll rendition of him. But in any case, if you have a nearby local DS, bring the damaged doll in with the packing slip/receipt and have her exchanged when the merchandise is openly available. They should be able to do that for you. :)

True. Story. I bought the classic Maleficent and Wicked Queen dolls. Maleficent's box was nearly flattened. Thankfully she was untouched/unharmed. Those dolls, I'm perfectly fine un-boxing. But these Oz dolls at $35 a pop, come on...you can spring for a couple more airbags.

AND!

When I called my store to see if I could just exchange my busted box Evanora for one in an unharmed box, they said sure...but they also said somethings that I am totally going to read in to. They asked "was she the classic doll size?" and they also asked "How much did you pay for her because we want to make sure that we have the right one." Um...that sound like any hopeful possibilities of Witches of Oz Le dolls to anyone else? :D

AND!

When I called my store to see if I could just exchange my busted box Evanora for one in an unharmed box, they said sure...but they also said somethings that I am totally going to read in to. They asked "was she the classic doll size?" and they also asked "How much did you pay for her because we want to make sure that we have the right one." Um...that sound like any hopeful possibilities of Witches of Oz Le dolls to anyone else? :D

that would be amazing. i hope you're right!

AND!

Ooooh! Sounds like something definitely worth reading into! Still have my fingers crossed for an LE Wicked Witch, as well as a Theodora doll in her red outfit!

Well it looks like our lil gal, miss China Girl LE is back up for sale????? So... They only sold a portion of the 500 then stopped until today...? Either way, I'll get the small one and be just fine ;)

all of the oz dolls are now in the uk disney stores today, i bought them all today even 12" china girl (i think she is 12") they are all £20.00. no mini 4" china girl though

i walking past the store today to kill time and then thats when i saw them. the cm there reckons 17" china girl will be only released in the u.s as he has heard nothing or any news in the bulletins that they get. thats why he said he purchased one from the u.s. but thats no guarantee as they are not that reliable. so who knows?

i have been trying i just cant get pictures up :( you cant see her though as she has been covered up by a bubble and i dont wanna rip the box to see her

Oz China Doll 19 inch 1 of 500 up for sale again on Disneystore.com..... why? Are these returns that are being resold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back