• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin horror story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin horror story!

Nekov

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
A while before I joined the forums I wasn't aware of "fake/scrapper/counterfeit" type pins and of course I fell for the "it's too good to be true".

Here is a picture of them.

14cdy06.jpg

Pin 53902
Stitch: You'll notice, stitch's ears and light blue areas are faded and his teeth are yellow. There are obvious dips and the pin is not thick at all, its very thin. The back of the pin is REALLY convincing as it shows everything it's supposed to, the scariest part is this pin has been traded in the park without people realizing it's fake (this is what the wear in the back is from).

33e6gy1.jpg

Pin 39762
Snow White & Charming: Here there are obvious dips, green boots, snow white's mouth is all red and when you turn it around to the back. It should have the pin trading logo, the journey through time logo (which it does but it's clearly not well printed), and Limited Edition 300 (which it does not), © Disney, Made in China.

In the end I didn't suffer any loss here, but it was still a shock to have encountered them in my first time of pin trading.

AAagh!!!! Don't you just hate scrappers!? I see this all the time on cast lanyards at Disneyland. I was in Downtown Disney at the Pin Traders shop, and all, I kid you not, all the pins that one of the cast members had for trade were scrappers. Made me a bit sad to see it.

2 things (sorry btw) there is someone on here collecting scrappers for autism awareness i think ( iforget who now but the thread was going yesterday) and i gave up a long time ago trading anything "good" in the parks. I have my pin bag with some pins i have that didnt trade and i traded about 25 pins this past trip with cast members and 3 of them were scrappers and thats a good ratio. I save the inside of my little pin bag for some better lanyard pins incase i meet a trader/guest walking around that really wants to trade. This approach has allowed me to have fun with little risk. I donate the scrappers to folks on here who craft or collect them for causes. chin up!

Yea I had the same experience except I traded a lot more than just two pins which made me very sad. I had no idea about scrappers or fakes or anything when I was trading my pins. I wish Disney could have somehow alerted or put a notice to like be more aware of the situation or have the cast members be more aware or something ​but alas it is not so... yet (hopefully) :p

Aw that's an awesome thing to do with scrappers! I actually was thinking of keeping these two but if I counter more in the future that's definitely where they'll go!

2 things (sorry btw) there is someone on here collecting scrappers for autism awareness i think ( iforget who now but the thread was going yesterday) and i gave up a long time ago trading anything "good" in the parks. I have my pin bag with some pins i have that didnt trade and i traded about 25 pins this past trip with cast members and 3 of them were scrappers and thats a good ratio. I save the inside of my little pin bag for some better lanyard pins incase i meet a trader/guest walking around that really wants to trade. This approach has allowed me to have fun with little risk. I donate the scrappers to folks on here who craft or collect them for causes. chin up!

It is very sad to know you're trading you're 100% legit Disney pins for fake/scrapper pins. Luckily after my first trading experience, I learned my lesson and I'm more aware of what to look for.

If anyone has any scrappers, I'm willing to take them. I'm trying to get some to make some paintings with scrappers in them. I uploaded pictures of paintings I have done (Disney and non-Disney) to sis' photo-bucket account and hope to be able to post them shortly.

Now I have to go find the thread to post them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back