• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Pics down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Pics down
Holy Crap.... be very careful on pinpics today. I logged in, got to my account, then it switched to someone else, got back to my inbox. Saw a trade request, hit reply, typed my reply but before I hit send I noticed it had someone else's account listed on the side and top banner's again. So I amended my message to say I'll email you directly (since I did see the email address at least) and sure enough - when I sent the message via pinpics - it sent it from the 'not me' account listed on the side and top. What a freaking disaster.
Thanks for the heads up.

Agree - "What a freaking disaster"

Holy Crap.... be very careful on pinpics today. I logged in, got to my account, then it switched to someone else, got back to my inbox. Saw a trade request, hit reply, typed my reply but before I hit send I noticed it had someone else's account listed on the side and top banner's again. So I amended my message to say I'll email you directly (since I did see the email address at least) and sure enough - when I sent the message via pinpics - it sent it from the 'not me' account listed on the side and top. What a freaking disaster.
Same here.

It's been mostly working for me this week, although a couple of days ago it kept switching me into someone else's profile again.

It's been mostly working for me this week, although a couple of days ago it kept switching me into someone else's profile again.
Are you logging in and it switches to someone else's profile. That's very interesting. Sounds like whoever is running the server is doing a horrible job. This has been going on for weeks.

Are you logging in and it switches to someone else's profile. That's very interesting. Sounds like whoever is running the server is doing a horrible job. This has been going on for weeks.

Yes, members have been ending up in other members' profiles for weeks now. My experience has mostly been better during the past week but, based on the comments here, many people are still having frequent problems with ending up in the wrong profile and/or being unable to log in at all.

Is anyone else still getting the "User name and Password invalid" message when trying to log onto PinPics? Looks like I am totally dead in the water with that site.

Is anyone else still getting the "User name and Password invalid" message when trying to log onto PinPics? Looks like I am totally dead in the water with that site.
Try using a different browser. I primarily use safari(hit/miss) but found chrome will let me log on albeit the random member screen...

Tried 2 other browsers, still invalid message.
Frighteningly, you don’t show up as a valid user for comparisons. (If I am correct that you are figment 919 there as well.) So I am sorry to say that I think you have a bigger issue than the logon challenges we were all having.

I would think that if I am considered not a valid user for login's that it would apply for comparisons also. You woud have to be valid for the first thing in order to do the second thing - who knows??

I would think that if I am considered not a valid user for login's that it would apply for comparisons also. You woud have to be valid for the first thing in order to do the second thing - who knows??
Wow! I just tried to search for your member profile on Pinpics (the way I always search for it) and I cannot get your profile to come up at all. I am so sorry @figment919 . :( This absolutely sucks!

[I wonder how much the owners are making off the ads they now have all over the site? Just based on how many pin traders go to that site each day, could they be making significant money for doing absolutely nothing? If they are making $$, they will have no interest in selling the database and little incentive to fix it (why fix something that is bringing in revenue.) Its disturbing how this pin data is now controlled by person(s) who obviously don't give a darn.]

I can't find your profile either. I wonder if someone ended up in your profile, got confused and changed your profile name/credentials thinking it was a problem with their own account? - it's the only thing I can think of.

Yes, members have been ending up in other members' profiles for weeks now. My experience has mostly been better during the past week but, based on the comments here, many people are still having frequent problems with ending up in the wrong profile and/or being unable to log in at all.
I'm with @imp here: I can log in a few times and it behaves and stays me for my session. But a few times I have opened the page and I am already logged on with a different user. As the different user I can get "logged" off when I go to a different page.

As everyone stated: I always recommend logging out the other user to be on the safe side.

I can't find your profile either. I wonder if someone ended up in your profile, got confused and changed your profile name/credentials thinking it was a problem with their own account? - it's the only thing I can think of.
You can't change this information without someone at PinPics doing it for you.

So I used Google Cache to identify your UserID on Pinpics and it came back as UID=12574.

If I looked up a random member, and then modified the URL to that UID it comes up for someone named riprap. The collection and trades are turned off, but the wants do have a lot of Villains. There is a real name and a photo associated with this account. Now that I know you can see the total of pins in a collection it says 4738.

Then I searched Members for riprap and TWO accounts came back with that username, which shouldn't be allowed. The one I found before and then one without a profile photo, has the same real name, no wants and everything else is turned off (but I can see that they own 2063 pins just not what they are). This one has a UID of 33029.

Since you can't login, I don't think you will be able to see the member pages. Did you have a profile picture on your account, does the collection size for the 1st riprap sound right? They have had data corruption in the past, where a table field gets deleted, and then everything else lines up wrong. I'm just wondering if the one riprap account is your stuff, but now the username and password associated are this other riprap account. If the data is still there, someone might eventually be able to re-associate it back to your account, vs if the whole thing was gone.

Although, if they ever get the site functional again, I think they will have to reset to an old backup, so anyone who has been trying to make changes should not expect those changes to be retained, but it would bring back your account.

But really, everyone, if you have not already managed to save a copy of your items, PLEASE, do it ASAP, because with as long as this has been going on, I think everyone should proceed as if the site were dead and then if somehow it comes back in a functional way we can breathe a sigh of relief, but it should not be the expectation at this point. We already know the database was failing a couple years ago, and this time its even worse.

So I used Google Cache to identify your UserID on Pinpics and it came back as UID=12574.

If I looked up a random member, and then modified the URL to that UID it comes up for someone named riprap. The collection and trades are turned off, but the wants do have a lot of Villains. There is a real name and a photo associated with this account. Now that I know you can see the total of pins in a collection it says 4738.

Then I searched Members for riprap and TWO accounts came back with that username, which shouldn't be allowed. The one I found before and then one without a profile photo, has the same real name, no wants and everything else is turned off (but I can see that they own 2063 pins just not what they are). This one has a UID of 33029.

Since you can't login, I don't think you will be able to see the member pages. Did you have a profile picture on your account, does the collection size for the 1st riprap sound right? They have had data corruption in the past, where a table field gets deleted, and then everything else lines up wrong. I'm just wondering if the one riprap account is your stuff, but now the username and password associated are this other riprap account. If the data is still there, someone might eventually be able to re-associate it back to your account, vs if the whole thing was gone.

Although, if they ever get the site functional again, I think they will have to reset to an old backup, so anyone who has been trying to make changes should not expect those changes to be retained, but it would bring back your account.

But really, everyone, if you have not already managed to save a copy of your items, PLEASE, do it ASAP, because with as long as this has been going on, I think everyone should proceed as if the site were dead and then if somehow it comes back in a functional way we can breathe a sigh of relief, but it should not be the expectation at this point. We already know the database was failing a couple years ago, and this time its even worse.

Excellent sleuthing! And Figment919 should be able to check out the visible info because I believe you can search member profiles even without being logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back