• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Pin traders disrupt traffic flow at DLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Pin traders disrupt traffic flow at DLR?
Molly, you are probably right on many of your thoughts. Disney I am sure does not care about what some of us think. But that is the kind of thinking that makes their stocks go down. When they are not worrying about one segment of their customers are wanting. I know for one we will not be buying any tickets to get into the park as long as they don't give us our tables back. (thank goodness for kind cast members who are helping us get in for one day!!!) Don't want to be too big of a hypocrite. :sad: But we are not renewing our annual passes. We are not making two trips down there this year (we decided to go to New Jersey instead for our second trip). I know in the grand scheme of things they will not miss our couple thousands of dollars over this, but I do know I am not alone. I have heard from many others that will not be renewing their annual passes. So it will end up costing Disney in the long run. But from what I have seen from Mr Iger he doesn't seem to understand the long run on much of anything.

As for litigation for banning people, you are mistaken. It is private property and as such they are allowed to revoke any ticket or pass at any time for any reason. All they have to do is issue a refund and tell the person your business is no longer wanted here. If word got out that a dozen or so people got banned I promise you that it would improve the way pin traders treated each other!!! And even if word got out into the press that they were banning people it would be an easy pr move to simply state that these people were not behaving in the Disney manner.

Next time, ask to take their picture so you can post online what sort of "trade" they are offering... and see them run far far away from you.

PTMW (Pin Trading's Most Wanted) It would be worse than that former facebook page LMFAO! Pin trading is so gangsta ;)

+1000000000 for Molly.

Its nice to see some one stand up and be on the side of right even though most other people will not like it and will try to give storys of how wrong you are.

I think deep down everyone knows what is wrong with the hobby. But as I have said so many times before. $$$$$ is a hard thing for people to say no to. The funny part is I am one of the poor guys around here and I would never do anything to hurt the hobby I love so much. Walt gave me a gift of Disney magic to share with my friends and family. Cant do that if all I was thinking about was covering my cost or more all the time.

Good job on your post. Well wrote and easy to read and understand.

I think the parade and character meet n greets cause huge issues with my being able to walk to the pins stores and rides I am interested in. Maybe we should call for them to cancel the parades and random character lines. They are so annoying.

I did see a problem at Westward Ho when they did "Come out and trade" at the barrels because people would line up out in the walkways. Alos, sharks would go and snag all the new real hidden mickey's and trade fakes. DLR should do what DLP does and stick a street smart cast member there that gets to inspect pins. Also, they have an LE for LE portion and a rack for rack portion. They should do that so people can trade their rack pins for something more substantial than a hidden mickey that is probably fake.

I think the parade and character meet n greets cause huge issues with my being able to walk to the pins stores and rides I am interested in. Maybe we should call for them to cancel the parades and random character lines. They are so annoying.

LOL. That is so true. But I think the most annoying thing - at least for me - is the crowd level - when it reaches "8, 9, or 10". If Disney cared about the "experience" for park guests in general (and not just "park guests who don't trade pins"), they would set the maximum limit lower than whatever it is currently. Even if people have annual passes, Disney should say when the guest population becomes so crowded that it becomes claustrophobic, that people can trip into each other (especially into people who stop in the middle of the street to talk to each other - another topic, I know), that there is a safety hazard and a fire hazard (yes, I know that whatever their maximum limit is - that it is the "limit set by the fire code/department" - but if you've been there at PEAK season (like New Year's Eve, for example), you could imagine the rampage/trampling of people if there was an actual emergency (fire, earthquake, flood, whatever) because of how crowded it is. Disney doesn't care if their ride lines become 2+ hours long, if their restaurant lines are out the door and there isn't enough seating for everyone, if traffic on Disneyland Drive and Magic Way, and Ball and Harbor and Katella, spill into the 5 Freeway or cause major congestion for all the roads, all they want is the money from admission, food, and souvenirs.

I did see a problem at Westward Ho when they did "Come out and trade" at the barrels because people would line up out in the walkways. Alos, sharks would go and snag all the new real hidden mickey's and trade fakes. DLR should do what DLP does and stick a street smart cast member there that gets to inspect pins. Also, they have an LE for LE portion and a rack for rack portion. They should do that so people can trade their rack pins for something more substantial than a hidden mickey that is probably fake.

That's an idea. But if they go the way of Tokyo Disneyland (instead of DLP) and make "pin trading" into "pin collecting" and forbid trading all together, everyone is going to be very upset.

Disney does promote "trading" they have CMs doing it daily, they have PTN's regularly so screaming for support of our hobby is futile, they support it just fine, they are just bombarded with complaints about sharks screwing people over, treating them like trash (Mulanrocks is not alone) and being general eye sores to working class people that have likely saved up money from their you know REAL JOBS in order to take a trip to DLR and like me do not enjoy seeing those that pimp pins act like they run the park. They are rude, disrespectful, greedy, dishonest and of course NOT WHAT PIN TRADING IS ABOUT.

This couldn't be a more accurate statement for this topic. I was at the trading "tables" in DLR today and encountered a few traders I know to be sharks or hoarders. They have pins that they think are gold and will only trade if they think they are gaining something. It is frustrating. Hell, I traded the new rapunzel Funny Business pin for a Pirates PODH pin. Was it an unfair trade? not really. Could I have obtained something better? Definitely, but I was there to make trades and that is what I did.
The entire time we were there today, a total time of about 4 hours, I did not see any traffic flow issues. Traders are good about standing in front of the tables and not out in the way. Plus, the tables in front of the mexican restaurant are off of the main path in frontier land. The only time I would see any slow traffic was when others would walk slower to see what we were all doing. Other than that, it flowed and never had any issues.

That being said, I still wouldn't mind having a designated area. The areas that are "trading tables" are unshaded and in the open. When it is hot, like today, it is brutal. This is just a preference though as I hate the heat lol

With all that, Molly, I do agree with you about the sharks. They are frustrating and I hate seeing them. But I do think that pin traders should have a little more recognition in the parks in regards to a designated spot.

as far as sharks go. we as good traders or collectors should stand up for right more often. It is our hobby and we should make the sharks known to every one and also make them know they are not wanted. The trouble is that many people bite there tongue and will not stand up the bad apples. If we all made there day no fun and unproductive, I bet they would get the point and get lost.

maybe the good traders need to wear the no shark shirt around the parks. Show everyone how they really feel. lol

With all the talent on this board there ware bound to be some seriously creative ideas out there. If I had any talent at all I would draw a shark/person with ears, lanyard, pin book and possibly table with scrapper pins....then maybe kids running away. Just say no to sharks!

Is it completely messed up that when I first read the thread title, I thought it was discussing street traffic (as in cars blocking traffic trying to get into DTD parking prior to opening for a pin release), not traffic flow in the parks? I mean, and I'm probably going to date myself in the pin world, I can't be the only one who remembers the 2009 PoDM AIW/PTN Jack release ... which was followed by the first of the Quarter Quell releases: the HM PoDM. Yes, the traffic was so bad, Anaheim PD was involved for that one and once that series ended, DLR went to online wristband distributions, everything was so chaotic - and I think after what I read of the Anna PTN release, it might be a system they should consider bringing back.

I'm probably going to date myself in the pin world, I can't be the only one who remembers the 2009 PoDM AIW/PTN Jack release ...
:wavey:I remember that release. Oh boy.

Still if they're concerned about guest traffic flow, I still don't understand making a tiny little store on Main Street (the music store) with no ability to handle lines of people for a pin release into a pin store where the only place a line can form is out onto the sidewalk or clogging up adjoining stores?

I thought that aladdins oasis was a great spot to have trading but when they moved us out of there I guess they didn't think the same thing :/

I will bump the thread with the shirt. If any one would like one. I will make them for us. They will be $15 each plus shipping. I will just charge what ever USP rate is. I know one shirt can fit nice in the small box they use now. Shirts are white with full color pic on the back or front. If you want a back print I will also throw in your name on the front for you. Just let me know. Maybe it would be cool to put your user name and DPF on the front. That way people know who you are and that you are all about being a good trader.
Thank you everyone.
KT

I still think they could make a large portion somewhere in Innoventions a Pin Trading Mecca. Inside, air conditioned, just a problem of getting people in there, unless they can get Thor to do some pin trading. (Is he still there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back