• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Pin traders disrupt traffic flow at DLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLR Pin traders disrupt traffic flow at DLR?

Carmello1123

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello This from the recap of recent Shareholders Meeting Q&A with Bob Iger: Iger also was called on by one man who says he is at Disneyland every Thursday to defend a policy at theme parks that limits the practice of trading collectible pins. "We've had to be careful that the pin-traders don't interrupt the normal flow of traffic and essentially reduce the quality of the experience for the other guests who are not interested in pin trading," Iger said. So if you guys can find a spot out of guest traffic flow to trade then you can say Iger said so! Good Luck! Janet

There are plenty of places that are completely out of the flow of traffic and yet there are still no official pin trading tables. If they don't want pin traders don't sell pins in the parks. What makes our experience any less valuable then any non pin traders?

There are plenty of places that are completely out of the flow of traffic and yet there are still no official pin trading tables. If they don't want pin traders don't sell pins in the parks. What makes our experience any less valuable then any non pin traders?

well said David. Nobody goes to the parks for the same experience. I don't see why they cant provide a space off to the side of some place to designate for trading.

I see what you are saying and agree. If anything we should be valued more because while one guest may spend $100-200 down there on collectables, souvenirs, etc. We spend that PLUS another $100+ on little pieces of metal that then boosts their revenue higher.

I just came from the PTN (which was a horrible trip but thats a story for another day) and got to trade in Aladdins Oasis for the first time, and I enjoyed it. isn't that like the "official spot" now?

As a newbie, I have to put in my 2 cents here. My first experience when they had those barrels outside of the traders post was horrible...sharks sharks sharks. Made me feel like crap, and that nothing I had was worthy...pretty much laughed in my face. Since that day I only traded with cms...now fast forward almost 3 years, and more money than I will admit later...I am starting to feel that I can "run with the big dogs", but most importantly...the last group that I traded with was SO friendly, it had been moved over to the mexican restaurant, and was a completely different atmosphere. I can only hope that the spirit of Disney stays with us in trading - I have now been on both sides...and there is certainly a way to let someone know that they just don't have what you want without making them feel like crap. IMO it was those jerks that put a shadow over traders in general...they are still out there...but just hopefully being subtly "shunned" by the honest traders

I just came from the PTN (which was a horrible trip but thats a story for another day) and got to trade in Aladdins Oasis for the first time, and I enjoyed it. isn't that like the "official spot" now?

That was the spot I sort of created when it was official that our previous spot was removed. The spot is there and/ or Rancho del Zuco (however you spell it) depending the day. Usually there is traders at one of them.

I never traded at the official tables in front of LGM. I guess I felt like Mulanrocks a bit. I never really had anything to offer. But, now I have built up some of my traders and met a lot of new friends. I usually go with them or when I have time off of work. Now that there is no official place I feel it has blown up. I have only gone on Sunday's and there are lot's of traders at The mexican restaurant in front of Zoloco's. I feel it's much more of a bigger place than the tables in front of LGM. I think recently we have had to move because of the re-opening of the Big Thunder Mountain and it got a bit crowded. The oasis is still just as busy. It's unfortunate that the people in charge of park operations think we are just in the way. Pin trading does not look like it is dying down. If anything gotten much more popular.

Maybe if the company wants traders "out of the way", they should re-open the Thunder Mountain Ranch area, but instead of just having it as something "no one knows about", they should have a sign in the front where people go through Security Check/Clearance. Like on the sign that says which attractions are not available today. Under the attractions, they should have a placard that says "Pin Trading Area open at xxxxxx". So everyone who enters, pin traders who aren't part of the forum or facebook etc, can see the sign and know where to go.

While I did enjoy trading in Frontierland, I could see how we pin traders were affecting the flow of traffic, especially during peak season and during the transition from day ops to staging Fantasmic guest flow. I was not a fan of Little Green Men just because it was always hot. They did try to corral pin traders over to Big Thunder Ranch awhile ago, but it never panned out.

Dear Disney,

Please give us a place where we can pin trade in peace and in the shade.

Thank you.

"We've had to be careful that the pin-traders don't interrupt the normal flow of traffic and essentially reduce the quality of the experience for the other guests who are not interested in pin trading," Iger said.
This ignorant, ridiculous comment just INFURIATES me. :mad: Well, MR. IGER, maybe if you would prevent DL cast members (whichever ones from "on high" who make those particular decisions, probably someone from TDA, the people who are always patting themselves on the back for a "job well done") from continually kicking pin traders out of spots they find to do their trading, none of which, when I think of said locations, have been in any way blocking non-trader guest traffic, and set up a specific, permanent area for pin traders, there wouldn't BE any so-called "normal flow of traffic" problems. And when was the last time, Mr. Iger, you took a walk around DL/DCA just to observe the crowds, etc., to see if that ONE person's comment you responded to was true or not? You sure could take a lesson from WALT, Mr. Iger.

Maybe if the company wants traders "out of the way", they should re-open the Thunder Mountain Ranch area, but instead of just having it as something "no one knows about", they should have a sign in the front where people go through Security Check/Clearance. Like on the sign that says which attractions are not available today. Under the attractions, they should have a placard that says "Pin Trading Area open at xxxxxx". So everyone who enters, pin traders who aren't part of the forum or facebook etc, can see the sign and know where to go. -jazzytrumpet
YES.

When I want to go to the haunted mansion at night the crowd flows are not moving because people watching the show at night it's hard for me to go to the rides and it's not moving

Parades are awful... I stay away from Main Street or anywhere on the trail during the parade or 30 minutes before and after otherwise it is awful... Basically pick a side and stay there lol

Parades are awful... I stay away from Main Street or anywhere on the trail during the parade or 30 minutes before and after otherwise it is awful... Basically pick a side and stay there lol

you aint lived until you have a baby crying to nurse and the Baby Center is on the OTHER side of the parade from you. good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back