• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics New Ownership Informational Discussion (as well as requests on what you would like to see available in the new site launching later in 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics New Ownership Informational Discussion (as well as requests on what you would like to see available in the new site launching later in 2021)
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this already but we would like to see improvements to the profile! Formatting our little account “about us” never seems to save the formatting we use when typing the information. Everything runs together and is illegible. May we suggest bullet point options be shown for themes or collections that we focus on. Ex: I collect NBC. I would like the option to have a bullet point on our account to display that NBC is a major interest for us that can be seen by other traders.

Thank you for taking the time and initiative to hear our concerns, take them seriously, and possibly have these new features in the improved site.

Have a magical day and good luck!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So maybe make location clearer, and have an option for “U.S. address available”?!

Hi there! We will work on user friendly options. Would never lock out International traders.

Reactions: imp
@MollyAnne - not so much a feature request as a request to remove new functionality (or clean it up if is intended to stay). Who owns the pin didn't use to display, but now if I search for a pin before I log in, I can click on Owns and see the user IDs of who "owns" that pin. The functionality only appears if you aren't logged in, so I'm thinking it's actually a programming bug rather than a new feature, but if it is an attempted new feature, first an apology that I didn't see the request for that, but programming wise - users who set their collection to private shouldn't have their user ids appear in the list of owns.

Agreed, but I'd love to still be able to see the total number of members who own the pin (not their identities) even when I'm logged on.

@MollyAnne
Here's an idea that has just occurred to me. It would be really great if you would post on PinPics a complete how to/requirements for adding new pins. Something that explains how you want titles and descriptions written, what words to include, which words to never include, how to deal with sets and mystery boxes, etc. I am always very willing to add new pins and help out, but it gets discouraging to receive an e-mail every time saying what was filled incorrectly or which word was or was not included that shouldn't have been. The e-mail always says that I can view the pins when they are up to see the changes made, but to be honest . . . I don't usually remember exactly what I put on it. It takes weeks for PinPics to get to uploading them, and by that time I've typed a lot of other stuff and seen a lot of other pins. :) So, some kind of "Pin Adding Instructions" would be SO appreciated, because this is a way that everyone can help out. Thanks!

All the International Trade comments are good thoughts! Maybe making the location mandatory (having to state a 'real' country) and an option to say 'US Address" if they have one and just have that appear on the Trade Assits sections. Because I would consider an International trade if it was the right pin!
I like this! Like I said, I knew my suggestion might come across problematic...
I do have "I only mail to US addresses only" in my profile, but no one sees that when they're just checking off boxes to make a trade through trade assist. Usually I know it's likely depending on the pins being offered...
I would hate for great traders like Snoffsan to be fully excluded and more limited in their options tho, so I appreciate all the other suggestions to build on ideas that could work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back